So basically it goes like this...when the Jets lose blame everything on Sanchez?

Matt39

This.

When McCourty got hurt I said to my girl, "Their best corner just got hurt, what do you think the Jets will do here?" She replied, "Sanchez should throw to whatever receiver is covered by the replacement guy."

She knows its common sense.

You know its common sense.

I told her, "Well, your right that's what they SHOULD do... but I bet they run the ball."

The last thing she had to say about it was after I was proven right, "Ugh. The Jets are stupid."

I agreed. Whole-heartedly.

pffft.. like you have a girl.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not all on Sanchez, he played the typical Sanchez game. We just came up against a team better than us.

Blame the fans that didn't see it coming.

All true but that was a strange game. If we play a smart, mistake free game we are up 10 to13 points before the McKnight fiasco.

Kudos to the PATS for capatilizing on us crapping the bed.

I'm not sure but this seems to have a touch of hyperbole in it. Good thing this is a short week.

Perhaps so, but I think the theme still holds true. While the Jets have performed better than in the past in bigger situations under Rex, in the biggest games they've had in that time period they've consistently played their worst. This idea that there was nothing more last night than the Pats simply being a better team than the Jets is hardly a realistic evaluation either. That game was a complete failure by the Jets from top to bottom. Frankly, I think it was even worse than the score even indicates given how useless the defense was, and they were simply lucky that Brady started off so poorly. They were definitely the worst Jets unit on the field last night, and when you consider the offense scored just 14 points against the league's worst D and the special teams missed a chip shot and had a turnover, that's saying a lot.

As far as this short week, I really am not looking forward to this Thursday game, and in all honesty it has nothing to do with last night's performance either. A cross-country trip on the shortest week any NFL team has ever had to face with a running QB against our slow-a$$ linebackers? Yikes. The funny thing is, I think the Jets could just as easily end up tearing Tebow to shreds and walking away with this one easily, but I wouldn't be at all shocked to see an ugly a$$ game that the Jets lose, and have a bad feeling that's how it'll go.

The problem is Sanchez is not good enough to make up for mistakes of others. That's what an elite QB does. Our D wasn't on it's game last night. They don't deserve a pass, they were bad. Our special teams were bad too. but honestly, if our D is off against a good team, we have no chance to win. other teams do.

I blame a lot of this on our OC, because the O is bad now and was bad with other QBs. Sanchez deserves a shot to try with another QB. However, I'd replace him if the right person came available. he was NOT good last night.

Perhaps so, but I think the theme still holds true. While the Jets have performed better than in the past in bigger situations under Rex, in the biggest games they've had in that time period they've consistently played their worst. This idea that there was nothing more last night than the Pats simply being a better team than the Jets is hardly a realistic evaluation either. That game was a complete failure by the Jets from top to bottom. Frankly, I think it was even worse than the score even indicates given how useless the defense was, and they were simply lucky that Brady started off so poorly. They were definitely the worst Jets unit on the field last night, and when you consider the offense scored just 14 points against the league's worst D and the special teams missed a chip shot and had a turnover, that's saying a lot.

As far as this short week, I really am not looking forward to this Thursday game, and in all honesty it has nothing to do with last night's performance either. A cross-country trip on the shortest week any NFL team has ever had to face with a running QB against our slow-a$$ linebackers? Yikes. The funny thing is, I think the Jets could just as easily end up tearing Tebow to shreds and walking away with this one easily, but I wouldn't be at all shocked to see an ugly a$$ game that the Jets lose, and have a bad feeling that's how it'll go.

Disagree completely. They beat us by a full three TDs + the 3 FG XPs. That's a romp since this is still a pretty good team.

Yeah, everything pretty much went wrong last night and yet we still had a chance. Sanchez put together a pretty nice drive on the Plax touchdown...and then the defense decides to blitz directly at blockers(why we blitzed all night was beyond me) and let Brady bleed to the clock to go back up 2 TD's.

blah blah blah...we need an elite QB. The only elite QB right now is Rodgers. Brady wasn't anything out of the ordinary last night. Our blitzes were just totally ineffective and we couldn't catch the freaking ball.

They blitzed all night? That's news to me. I think I saw a statistic that they blitzed Brady less than they ever have. I'm sure somewhere later in the thread somebody is complaining that they didn't blitz enough.

All this Jets team has done is proved they are no different than the decades of teams that came before them, other than the fact that they're able to win a few more games during those periods when everyone thinks they suck. The second a game matters they play like the biggest bunch of pathetic losers you've ever laid your eyes on. Is it really surprising that their 4 worst performances have been in their AFC Championship appearances and their games against the Pats that would have put them in the drivers seat for the AFC East? If any one of these dipsh*ts start their whining complaining bullsh*t about lack of respect ever again they should be cut on the spot.

Oh c'mon. You're really going SOJ's now? Give me a break. They had their worst performances in the two AFC Championship games and the games against the Pats? Did you forget the Ravens game already? They didn't play poorly in either of the AFC title games. They lost. They lost to what I considered better teams on the road. Big shock. They didn't sh*t the bed anything like they did against the Pats last season or Ravens this year.

The conference is still a mess. The Steelers are looking pretty good, but having their troubles with the Ravens. The Ravens just sh*t the bed against the lousy Seahawks. The Pats just got better, but aren't exactly looking invincible and in fact looked beatable last night, which is what made it so frustrating. The Bengals just lost their CB and face the Ravens and Steelers three times. The Texans just lost Schaub and are going with Leinart. Nobody in the west is particularly scary. The Jets are far from the best team in the conference, but everybody is struggling. They are probably stuck fighting with the Bengals and Titans for the wild card now, but big deal. The Packers were 10-6 last year.

They blitzed all night? That's news to me. I think I saw a statistic that they blitzed Brady less than they ever have. I'm sure somewhere later in the thread somebody is complaining that they didn't blitz enough.

Oh c'mon. You're really going SOJ's now? Give me a break. They had their worst performances in the two AFC Championship games and the games against the Pats? Did you forget the Ravens game already? They didn't play poorly in either of the AFC title games. They lost. They lost to what I considered better teams on the road. Big shock. They didn't sh*t the bed anything like they did against the Pats last season or Ravens this year.

The conference is still a mess. The Steelers are looking pretty good, but having their troubles with the Ravens. The Ravens just sh*t the bed against the lousy Seahawks. The Pats just got better, but aren't exactly looking invincible and in fact looked beatable last night, which is what made it so frustrating. The Bengals just lost their CB and face the Ravens and Steelers three times. The Texans just lost Schaub and are going with Leinart. Nobody in the west is particularly scary. The Jets are far from the best team in the conference, but everybody is struggling. They are probably stuck fighting with the Bengals and Titans for the wild card now, but big deal. The Packers were 10-6 last year.

Agreed. Heck, we've been this bad and worse over the last two years and ended up being a huge force in the post-season. At one point in 2009, even Rex thought we were done. Last year, our game at Foxboro would make Sunday's performance look good. The overreactions on this board are absolutely hilarious whether its wins or losses.

I think we're a decent team and it's basic fundamental, absolutely ridiculous errors which are preventing us from being good. If we can just cut out or reduce the mindf*ckery that is everything Matt described in the OP, we'd be a very solid team that no one would want to face, if we keep making them, we'll be lucky to get 9 wins. I don't think ability is the problem and considering what's went down the last two seasons I'm not ruling out another emergence late in the season, I wouldn't rule out going into Foxboro and winning in January, just like I didn't last season.

Fitz threw TWO INTs in Buffalo territory which led to a 21 point deficit against Pats, and he rallied them to victory. Sanchez didn't cause Holmes to fall, McKnight to fumble, Wilson to drop pick 6 or Smith to suck, but if Sanchez wasn't the worst QB in AFCE, Jets would've won.

Yes, Matt Moore is playing better than Sanchez

lol.. u guys are nuts. He's an average QB that plays better in the playoffs and late in games. Chad Pennington lasted 6 years and he was a terrible qb who played even worse in the playoffs and late in games..Teh Sanchize isn't going anywhere

lol.. u guys are nuts. He's an average QB that plays better in the playoffs and late in games. Chad Pennington lasted 6 years and he was a terrible qb who played even worse in the playoffs and late in games..Teh Sanchize isn't going anywhere

Pretty much. He's never turning into Brees, Rodgers or Brady...but pretty much every other team in the league has to deal with that too.

-Wilkerson apparently isn't as strong as Tom Brady.

-Kyle Wilson has yet another ball bounce off of his face

-Shonn Greene runs like he has a bag over his head and has a ball bounce directly off of his face as well that effectively ended any chances we had on a nice drive.

-Brick turns Andre Carter into Deacon Jones

- Dustin Keller is comically bad

-Joe Mcknight has a punt sail directly between his arms

-Strickland has said punt in his arms and decides to somersault over the ball instead of securing it.

I mean, you cant turn the ball over like this and expect to beat a good football team. But our defense is awesome. They really get us stops when we need them.

Couple that with Rex throwing Sanchez under the bus...its not good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-rgdERNpIc&t=2m50s

Blaming that pass on Sanchez just couldnt be any more wrong. That pass needs to be caught. At the 2:50 mark. Greene is clearly turned around and has his hands on his sides. Pass wasnt thrown that hard at all.

It was a bad pass and it was clearly thrown hard. Greene's hands were at his sides and Sanchez threw a fastball at the top of his helmet with absolutely no defender in the passing lane.

Greene has to catch that, and he easily deserves more blame than Sanchez, but Sanchez is far from blameless. The pass was crap.

What would have been the big deal, from point-blank range with no defender in his face, with Sanchez hitting Greene between the numbers? Or is that too tall of an order for him?

How tough of a pass was it to hit Plaxico in the endzone on the opening drive to put us up 7-0?

Sanchez gets plenty of credit for 'leading" us in prior seasons when the he stood on the backs of the rest of the team - the ground game, defense, and special teams in particular. There was a ton of blame to go around and while Sanchez was far from being the only reason we lost he played plenty big of a part.

To be fair, in my original post on the subject I did specify those were the 4 worst games with the exception of the 2 Ravens games. :-P

Is it "same old"? No, perhaps not. Is this a group of players who incessantly whines about their lack of respect and then constantly sh*ts themselves when it matters most? You betcha. As far as the AFC title games though, in both games you literally watched an entire team that did not even show up for half of the biggest game of their season. That's pretty sad. Sure they played well in that other half, but in a game that big with an opponent that tough, one half isn't going to win you a damn thing.

And I don't remember if it was in this thread or not, but I did even say after Thursday's game, which I feel awful about, I think it's quite realistic the Jets go on a run and do enough to get a wildcard spot, and given their likely matchups are the winner of AFC West or South, could very realistically even pick up a win in the first round of the playoffs (especially with Schaub now done for the year). But the point being is, this team has shown enough that I have absolutely no faith in their ability to do what's needed when it matters most. Too many of these guys, from coaches to players, have shown time and again they just don't have what it takes to get it done, and it's a damn shame.

All of that said, I was admittedly being a tad exaggeratory yesterday thanks to my frustration, so don't mind me. :-P

The Pats and Jets defenses have both given up 200 points to date.

False. Sanchez served up 24 points for the opposition in the Baltimore game alone. 14 points yesterday were on Sanchez & McKnight. Just right there is 20% of the points the opposition has scored against us this season.

The defense looked lousy for half the game yesterday and on top of that didn't take advantage of opportunities when they came up. But the defense is hardly responsible for our opponents' 22 ppg average.

It was a bad pass and it was clearly thrown hard. Greene's hands were at his sides and Sanchez threw a fastball at the top of his helmet with absolutely no defender in the passing lane.

Greene has to catch that, and he easily deserves more blame than Sanchez, but Sanchez is far from blameless. The pass was crap.

What would have been the big deal, from point-blank range with no defender in his face, with Sanchez hitting Greene between the numbers? Or is that too tall of an order for him?

How tough of a pass was it to hit Plaxico in the endzone on the opening drive to put us up 7-0?

Sanchez gets plenty of credit for 'leading" us in prior seasons when the he stood on the backs of the rest of the team - the ground game, defense, and special teams in particular. There was a ton of blame to go around and while Sanchez was far from being the only reason we lost he played plenty big of a part.

How about Greene becomes an NFL player and makes a catch any high school running back can make?

Make the catch. The ball wasn't thrown that hard. If Greene is incapable of making that play he shouldn't be on the field.

False. Sanchez served up 24 points for the opposition in the Baltimore game alone. 14 points yesterday were on Sanchez & McKnight. Just right there is 20% of the points the opposition has scored against us this season.

The defense looked lousy for half the game yesterday and on top of that didn't take advantage of opportunities when they came up. But the defense is hardly responsible for our opponents' 22 ppg average.

QB's will have bad games...take a look when Peyton was in his Third year. The problem is where the F is our defense? And in game strategic adjustments????

How about Greene becomes an NFL player and makes a catch any high school running back can make?

Make the catch. The ball wasn't thrown that hard. If Greene is incapable of making that play he shouldn't be on the field.

Greene can't friggin' catch. I already said he should have caught it. But it was absolutely a hard throw. There was no arc to it. Sanchez was not under duress, there wasn't a defender in (or near) the passing lane, and with his receiver's hands at his sides Sanchez still whipped a fastball to the top of Greene's helmet from point-blank range.

I did and still do blame Greene for that pick more than Sanchez, but we both know we wouldn't be having this discussion if our QB could hit a standing-still receiver between the numbers from 6 yards away.

QB's will have bad games...take a look when Peyton was in his Third year. The problem is where the F is our defense? And in game strategic adjustments????

Manning's 3rd year he led the NFL in passing yards and touchdowns. Presumably you're talking about Manning's 4th season. Sanchez has not earned the benefit of the doubt that Peyton Manning had.

Plus Indy had the worst defense in the NFL that year, giving up over 30 ppg. The Jets defense doesn't handicap Sanchez anywhere near that amount game in & game out. Our defense is giving up about 18 ppg and has provided Sanchez & our offense with short fields plenty of times only to have them yield 0 or 3 points. Nowhere near the same.

When Sanchez has gone to multiple pro bowls or is just about the only bright spot on an otherwise so-so team like Brady, Brees, Manning, and others, then you can start pointing to others' errors and saying it's no different than with Sanchez. It doesn't do much to show his negatives being similar to star QB's at certain snapshots in time when his positives are dwarfed by these all-time greats.

Pretty much. He's never turning into Brees, Rodgers or Brady...but pretty much every other team in the league has to deal with that too.

This is where I disagree with you. I have no idea what he's going to turn into. We've seen QBs who were bona fide stars turn into bums (Palmer) and bona fide busts put together a string of great seasons (Plunkett, Vinny).

But right now, Sanchez is awful. He's a MAJOR reason in all 4 Jet losses and that is inexcusable for a 3rd year player. The Pats game was an "all is forgiven" game for me and he blew it by being a pussy and sucking a$$. He will NEVER face an easier defense than he did Sunday night.

The 32nd ranked defense that LOST 4 starters for the game. Think about that. Totally healthy the Pats D was the worst in the NFL and they LOST players for the game and IN THE GAME. And Sanchez sucked a$$. Completely inexcusable.

Matt Moore would have won that game Sunday night and that is incredibly depressing.

I don't know about the future and, frankly, I don't give a sh*t. But the present looks bleak so long as Sanchez plays as he has.

Manning's 3rd year he led the NFL in passing yards and touchdowns. Presumably you're talking about Manning's 4th season. Sanchez has not earned the benefit of the doubt that Peyton Manning had.

Plus Indy had the worst defense in the NFL that year, giving up over 30 ppg. The Jets defense doesn't handicap Sanchez anywhere near that amount game in & game out. Our defense is giving up about 18 ppg and has provided Sanchez & our offense with short fields plenty of times only to have them yield 0 or 3 points. Nowhere near the same.

When Sanchez has gone to multiple pro bowls or is just about the only bright spot on an otherwise so-so team like Brady, Brees, Manning, and others, then you can start pointing to others' errors and saying it's no different than with Sanchez. It doesn't do much to show his negatives being similar to star QB's at certain snapshots in time when his positives are dwarfed by these all-time greats.

I thought it was his 3rd year..my bad....coaching is lacking on the Jets and that is for sure.

Greene can't friggin' catch. I already said he should have caught it. But it was absolutely a hard throw. There was no arc to it. Sanchez was not under duress, there wasn't a defender in (or near) the passing lane, and with his receiver's hands at his sides Sanchez still whipped a fastball to the top of Greene's helmet from point-blank range.

Culpability:

Greene -- 60%

Sanchez -- 35%

Schitty -- 5%

I'm not a blame Schitty for everything guy, and I know you guys have challenged me on this, but I simply don't like putting players in positions they're not good at. We know Greene's strengths and weaknesses. Don't put him in a position to exploit his weakness.

This is where I disagree with you. I have no idea what he's going to turn into. We've seen QBs who were bona fide stars turn into bums (Palmer) and bona fide busts put together a string of great seasons (Plunkett, Vinny).

But right now, Sanchez is awful. He's a MAJOR reason in all 4 Jet losses and that is inexcusable for a 3rd year player. The Pats game was an "all is forgiven" game for me and he blew it by being a pussy and sucking a$$. He will NEVER face an easier defense than he did Sunday night.

The 32nd ranked defense that LOST 4 starters for the game. Think about that. Totally healthy the Pats D was the worst in the NFL and they LOST players for the game and IN THE GAME. And Sanchez sucked a$$. Completely inexcusable.

Matt Moore would have won that game Sunday night and that is incredibly depressing.

I don't know about the future and, frankly, I don't give a sh*t. But the present looks bleak so long as Sanchez plays as he has.

Matt Moore wouldn't have won that game, and Sanchez is a much better QB than he is. Stop being absurd. It wasnt Sanchez's fault the entire rest of the team never got off the bus. It's not Sanchez's fault Joe Mcknight cant do anything besides run kickoffs back. It's not his fault Shonn Greene cant catch. Hey, Santonio- for 50 million you wanna not trip over lines? Our running game stinks, our offensive line stinks and our defense doesnt show up for at least 3 drives a game, resulting in clock bleeding, chinese water torture drives.

My point was, yeah he's never going to be a star...but look around the freakin league, every other team has this issue. It turns out Josh Freeman sucks. When Megatron isn't coming down with recess like jump balls from Stafford, he stinks too....considering all we've heard here is how Sanchez is the clear 3rd guy out of that class.

I'm sorry, but now you're just being moronic. Matt Moore? Really? I know I was being a bit over the top with my reactions this game, but give me a break with that. The entire team was a steaming pile of dog sh*t, not just Sanchez. Hell, as frightening as it is to say, the offense was actually the least inept unit on the field that game, and that's saying a lot. ST contributed a missed field goal and a turnover and the only thing that came close to a defensive "stop" was Brady missing wide open WRs early in the game when he was playing like crap and the Pats having to settle for field goals. That's not to say that Sanchez and the offense weren't pure crap, but at least they put together a few worthwhile drives, which is more than any other unit can say. A QB alone was not the difference in that game unless the replacement QB's name was Aaron Rodgers.

I'm sorry, but now you're just being moronic. Matt Moore? Really? I know I was being a bit over the top with my reactions this game, but give me a break with that. The entire team was a steaming pile of dog sh*t, not just Sanchez. Hell, as frightening as it is to say, the offense was actually the least inept unit on the field that game, and that's saying a lot. ST contributed a missed field goal and a turnover and the only thing that came close to a defensive "stop" was Brady missing wide open WRs early in the game when he was playing like crap and the Pats having to settle for field goals. That's not to say that Sanchez and the offense weren't pure crap, but at least they put together a few worthwhile drives, which is more than any other unit can say. A QB alone was not the difference in that game unless the replacement QB's name was Aaron Rodgers.

Yeah, I might have overreacted, but ...

Last 2 games

Mark Sanchez - 40/67 (59%) 536 yds 2 TDs 3INTs 76.4 QBR vs. 27th & 32nd ranked pass defenses

Matt Moore -- 37/52 (71%) 453 yds 3 TDs 1 INT 108.8 QBR vs. 16th & 9th ranked pass defenses

Matt Moore has played considerably better pass defenses over the last 2 weeks and has thoroughly outplayed Sanchez in those 2 contests.

Good point.

Brady threw 1 pick 6 in the Buffalo game, but I dont recall any others. But, you have to admit, this Jets defense is not as good as years past. The run game isnt the same either.

Archived