Sanchez's problems are correctable.

BroadwayJ667

Fully aware that this topic is going to spiral into a Sanchez sucks vs, Sanchez will be awesome thread, I am going to write my observations anyway.

After rewatching the Jets games this season I am convinced Sanchez will be a very good quarterback, but there are things that he must work on. Many of the passes that sail on his receivers are a result of sloppy footwork. The pass he threw to Plaxico in the first quarter of the Skins game sailed a tad high, because after the pump he had already planted his feet. If he had taken his front foot and driven through it with the ball, the pass would have been on target and likely a TD. Again later in the game this same scenario played out on a pass towards Keller along the sideline. The result was the same, a pass over the targets reach. This has been the one of the more consistent problems he has had this year.

When he sets his feet or uses proper technique the passes are consistently in a spot where the receiver can make a play.

Other issues have arisen, such as in the 2nd bills game, on 2nd down, in the 4th quarter, Sanchez had Plaxico in single man coverage. Plaxico had just begun his break back to the line of scrimmage a yard past the first down marker, he was open by NFL standards. Sanchez saw this, but interestingly pump faked and threw into double coverage for patrick turner, while on target, the ball should not have been thrown there, and the pass was broken up.

Some of these I will partly attribute to inconsistent O-line play and chemistry issues with the wideouts, however the responsibility still lies with Sanchez. On the bright side these are not fatal flaws, and despite these Sanchez still finds ways to win games, which is most important.

While these will not likely be correctly completely this year, another offseason should provide another opportunity for improvement.

You may all descend into a flame war now.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is ZERO reason Sanchez can't get his crap together. The guy has talent. He has displayed his talent. Whats' going on right now, in my mind, boils down to a lack of confidence brought about by poor coaching. Rexy is the HC and he should accept responsibility for allow it to happen, but Dirty has been thrown under the bus by an offensive coaching staff littered with incompetence.

For as inconsistent and horrific(as some here put it) as he's been, the team wins games and I do feel like the Jets have a shot every week they step on the field.

Serious question, how many NFL starters do you think we would be a worse team with?

Of course Sanchez can get his crap together, and he probably will. The problem isn't if, it's when. His lack of experience at USC combined with the turtle paced progression even with a half season's worth of extra games puts into question of if it will be happening any time soon. Signs point to probably not. Me? I don't know how many more Redskins games I have in me personally. The Jets have been putting me to sleep every Sunday since the Herm era and I just want to enjoy watching ******* football games for a change already.

Serious question, how many NFL starters do you think we would be a worse team with?

AFC East- I'd still take him over Moore and Fitz.

AFC North- Mccoy, Flacco is a push, too early with Dalton but he looks like a stud so that's close

AFC South- Gabbert, Hasslebeck

AFC West- Tebow, Cassel

NFC East- Grossman

NFC North- Ponder

NFC West- Smith, Bradford, Jackson, Kolb

Guys like Freeman, Ryan, Stafford I'd keep ahead of Sanchez and then there are the obvious ones.

Of course Sanchez can get his crap together, and he probably will. The problem isn't if, it's when. His lack of experience at USC combined with the turtle paced progression even with a half season's worth of extra games puts into question of if it will be happening any time soon. Signs point to probably not. Me? I don't know how many more Redskins games I have in me personally. The Jets have been putting me to sleep every Sunday since the Herm era and I just want to enjoy watching ******* football games for a change already.

See, I find having a sh*tty QB takes a lot of the pressure off. Although I'll admit it's a strange feeling to enjoy watching our defense more than our offense by several orders of magnitude.

A lot. QB play in the NFL sucks overall and there has been a ton of injury.

Like I've been saying, if your not the Packers, Patriots, Saints or Steelers, you're praying that your team is great and your QB is good enough to get you a ring.

See, I find having a sh*tty QB takes a lot of the pressure off. Although I'll admit it's a strange feeling to enjoy watching our defense more than our offense by several orders of magnitude.

I don't see why there's such an issue watching good defense.

I don't think there is. I just imagine the situation is reversed for fans of any other playoff contender, save maybe the Ravens. I could be wrong though.

I'm fairly certain Niners fans are enjoying themselves.

I wouldn't consider them the favorite, but things could fall into place....same with the Jets.

In the event we make it to the playoffs, at Houston, at New England and then at Baltimore/Pittsburgh isnt impossible.

AFC East- I'd still take him over Moore and Fitz.

AFC North- Mccoy, Flacco is a push, too early with Dalton but he looks like a stud so that's close

AFC South- Gabbert, Hasslebeck

AFC West- Tebow, Cassel

NFC East- Grossman

NFC North- Ponder

NFC West- Smith, Bradford, Jackson, Kolb

Guys like Freeman, Ryan, Stafford I'd keep ahead of Sanchez and then there are the obvious ones.

I'd take him over Freeman. He's taken a major step backwards this year. Not really all that surprising since he played arguably the easiest schedule in history last year.

I don't think there is. I just imagine the situation is reversed for fans of any other playoff contender, save maybe the Ravens. I could be wrong though.

I was thinking about this when you posted that - and thought maybe Ravens, Houston, San Fran, Denver - but they all have dynamic running backs that are awesome to watch and Denver has Tebow.

Jets offense is anemic. I want to guage my eyes out watching them Between Mark sh*ting all over himself and watching Greene pull himself up off the ground like he's got the toughest job in the world - my Sundays really couldnt be anymore boring. My one glimer of hope each game is that they might actually throw the ball to Holmes. But, I'm prepared for it now. Doesnt make it easier, but at least I know going in I'll be in rage for at least 95% of the game.

I'd take him over Freeman. He's taken a major step backwards this year. Not really all that surprising since he played arguably the easiest schedule in history last year.

Whatever, you just love to hate players I like.

Freeman and Tebow >>>> Sanchez.

Eat it

I was thinking about this when you posted that - and thought maybe Ravens, Houston, San Fran, Denver - but they all have dynamic running backs that are awesome to watch and Denver has Tebow.

Jets offense is anemic. I want to guage my eyes out watching them Between Mark sh*ting all over himself and watching Greene pull himself up off the ground like he's got the toughest job in the world - my Sundays really couldnt be anymore boring. My one glimer of hope each game is that they might actually throw the ball to Holmes. But, I'm prepared for it now. Doesnt make it easier, but at least I know going in I'll be in rage for at least 95% of the game.

See, my Shonn Greene points aren't that far fetched.

And stop with Tebow...or just become a Denver fan then breh.

See, my Shonn Greene points aren't that far fetched.

And stop with Tebow...or just become a Denver fan then breh.

Shut your damn mouth. I'll stop nothing.

The topic we are discussing is what contending team has a offense as boring as the Jets to the point its more exciting to watch defense. I simply gave the names of teams that would fall into that category and then quickly realized they have either awesome RB's who are exciting to watch or they have Tim Tebow who's probably the most exciting player in Football right now.

The topic we are discussing is what contending team has a offense as boring as the Jets to the point its more exciting to watch defense. I simply gave the names of teams that would fall into that category and then quickly realized they have either awesome RB's who are exciting to watch or they have Tim Tebow who's probably the most exciting player in Football right now.

I don't even know how we win games.

actually the topic is if Sanchez' mistakes are correctable or if he is just a sh*tty QB.

geez and all this time I thought it was about correctable Sanchez mistakes. :confused:

sanchez has skills, heart and toughness

all of his problems are between the ears

at age 25, I'm not fully convinced it is correctable

you know those military/ police training drills where a target pops up and they have to decide to shoot/not shoot in the blink of an eye ?

sanchez is missing that type of decision making ability, and I'm not sure if that is instinctive or teachable, but that is what he needs

as jaws would say, "processing information quickly"

I don't even know how we win games.

Heart

actually the topic is if Sanchez' mistakes are correctable or if he is just a sh*tty QB.

geez and all this time I thought it was about correctable Sanchez mistakes. :confused:

Sorry. It was a topic within the topic. dbatesman brought up the Jets being the only contender with a more exciting defense than offense and I commented on it. Matt was replying to my comments regarding that matter. Which was rather enjoyable conversation. It was unique. You know, something other than Sanchez ;-)

To get back on topic. I think everything Sanchez does bad is correctable but that doesnt mean he will make the corrections. I mean, how many F'ing games do you need in the NFL to put it together? 43 games isnt enough?

I still see him doing some of the most miserable things you can do: stares down the pass rush, stares down receivers, holds the ball out to the side of his body when evading pressure, bad footwork, double pumping in the end zone, bad clock management, extremely inaccurate throws, poor decision making. Some of the most fundamental principles of playing QB that should come early in the natural maturation of a QB on at any level who throws the Football. My fear is those are mental and that is harder to overcome than physical skills in many ways.

Sanchez has the physical skills. He's a tough kid, a competitor and has the ability to use that to elevate his game in the big moments. That is a skill that cant be taught. But unfortunately, thats not enough to compensate for those types of flaws unless you have an incredible team surrounding him which is the most difficult way to get it done.

I thought the topic was Mark Sanchez and if his problems were correctable ?

Heart

Sanchez has the physical skills. He's a tough kid, a competitor and has the ability to use that to elevate his game in the big moments. That is a skill that cant be taught. But unfortunately, thats not enough to compensate for those types of flaws unless you have an incredible team surrounding him which is the most difficult way to get it done.

Unfortunately its the teams with incredible talent that usually win SB's

sanchez has skills, heart and toughness

all of his problems are between the ears

at age 25, I'm not fully convinced it is correctable

you know those military/ police training drills where a target pops up and they have to decide to shoot/not shoot in the blink of an eye ?

sanchez is missing that type of decision making ability, and I'm not sure if that is instinctive or teachable, but that is what he needs

as jaws would say, "processing information quickly"

Larz this is a very hard point to prove IMO points can be made for both sides of the arguement but without a play book and game film its hard to tell . With lots of problems overall with our offense and what some would call an Idiot at OC I tend to lean on the coaching since even simple problems like substitutions seem to creep up way to often.

Archived