Sanchez's problems are correctable.

BroadwayJ667

I don't think anybody is actually blaming Sanchez for the loss, but when people start putting that game up as proof that he can carry a team you are going to see push back. It's hard to give Sanchez too much credit when they were shut out in the 2nd half and scored 17 points - 7 after a 50 yard pass by Brad Smith and 3 after a fumble recovery (did they hit that fg or miss?)

That was the one they hit. I think the miss was the first possession of the third quarter. And yeah I dont see that game as proof Sanchez could carry the team (the second half effort in Pittsburgh was a far more positive sign), but likewise I cant take the argument that the Colts game was proof Sanchez sucks. He wasnt asked to be great. He wasnt really asked to do anything until the game was pretty much out of reach. You want to say the Jets would have won with a different QB I buy the argument since there is no way with Favre you throw the ball 7 times in the first half against that defense. But that gameplan was designed for the defense to win the game and they didnt do it. Didnt even come close to stopping him once he got hot.

The weird thing is the following year against the Steelers they went with the exact opposite approach. Had they sat on it at the end there the way they did against the Colts they probably come back and win the game, but that TD they gave up off the fumble was a backbreaker.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was the one they hit. I think the miss was the first possession of the third quarter. And yeah I dont see that game as proof Sanchez could carry the team (the second half effort in Pittsburgh was a far more positive sign), but likewise I cant take the argument that the Colts game was proof Sanchez sucks. He wasnt asked to be great. He wasnt really asked to do anything until the game was pretty much out of reach. You want to say the Jets would have won with a different QB I buy the argument since there is no way with Favre you throw the ball 7 times in the first half against that defense. But that gameplan was designed for the defense to win the game and they didnt do it. Didnt even come close to stopping him once he got hot.

The weird thing is the following year against the Steelers they went with the exact opposite approach. Had they sat on it at the end there the way they did against the Colts they probably come back and win the game, but that TD they gave up off the fumble was a backbreaker.

Well, Smash used it to demonstrate something positive about Sanchez. He was primarily talking about the fact that Sanchez could throw a deep ball, but he denigrated the defense and said that they sucked from that point on and acted like Sanchez was somehow let down by the team. Sanchez basically put 7 points on the board. 7 I'd give to Brad Smith and after the D got him the fumble they went backwards before the field goal at the end of the half. Of course Sanchez should get credit for throwing the TD to Keller and probably for getting them into position for the missed field goal, but that still isn't a particularly good performance. .

Right. If only we had gone with the 76-point game plan instead of the 17-point game plan.

Just remember the Jets DVOA on offense for the day was a positive. For the defense? A big negative. I dont see why its so hard to say that the Jets defense didnt play well that day.

I don't think anybody is actually blaming Sanchez for the loss, but when people start putting that game up as proof that he can carry a team you are going to see push back. It's hard to give Sanchez too much credit when they were shut out in the 2nd half and scored 17 points - 7 after a 50 yard pass by Brad Smith and 3 after a fumble recovery (did they hit that fg or miss?)

No one said he carried the team at all. What was said was he brought us to a 17-6 lead never said he was carrying anything at all.

Amazing the Jets are using a lot of screens Like I called for all year vs agressive defenses and more designed passes to the RB's hummm I wonder what Sanchez completion percentage is in this game ?? Ya think Tom Moore had something to do with this game plan since it seems so much different than the norm ? Greene and LT both are doing a great job holding on to the passes as well which is a nice change. 28-3

No one said he carried the team at all. What was said was he brought us to a 17-6 lead never said he was carrying anything at all.

That's my point. HE didn't lead us to 17-6. He threw an 80 yard TD. Even the immortal Chad Pennington could have punched it in from 2nd and 5 from the 8 after the running game and Brad Smith got them there and could have gone the negative 4 yards they went on the field goal drive. Hell, Bubby Brister and Browning Nagle could have done it too.

That's my point. HE didn't lead us to 17-6. He threw an 80 yard TD. Even the immortal Chad Pennington could have punched it in from 2nd and 5 from the 8 after the running game and Brad Smith got them there and could have gone the negative 4 yards they went on the field goal drive. Hell, Bubby Brister and Browning Nagle could have done it too.

Yeah I know Dom in the land of "the QB Must do it all" or he sucks this arguement would work but teams win playoff games not just QB's .

Yeah I know Dom in the land of "the QB Must do it all" or he sucks this arguement would work but teams win playoff games not just QB's .

But you are using it to support your Sanchez comments when he didn't have much to do with it. I'm not using the game against him, but it's not a game I'd point to in his favor.

True or false: Brian Schottenheimer lead the Jets to a 17-6 lead against the Colts

To all the Sanchez haters, especially EY......Go suck a big, veiny, giant black cock. Put it in your mouth and suck it. That is all.

Wow. This is embarrassing for you.

While you're celebrating your self proclaimed internet win, why not tell me how many of Sanchez's completions today traveled over 10 yards in the air?

While you're celebrating your self proclaimed internet win, why not tell me how many of Sanchez's completions today traveled over 10 yards in the air?

When you are done spitting why don't you tell me how many TD's he accounted for.

He scored 4 TDs while leading the offense to 35 points. I dont care if he was sucking a big veiny black cock while doing it, or passing for +10 yards in the air (woohoo for arbitrary statistics).

He scored 4 TDs while leading the offense to 35 points. I dont care if he was sucking a big veiny black cock while doing it, or passing for +10 yards in the air (woohoo for arbitrary statistics).

The point being, there's nothing bad to say about Sanchez this game, but there's really nothing that's going to change anyone's mind either.

What we have here, little yellow sister, is a magnificent specimen of pure Alabama Blacksnake. But it ain't too goddamned beaucoup.

To all the Sanchez haters, especially EY......Go suck a big, veiny, giant black cock. Put it in your mouth and suck it. That is all.

Boozer c'mon man. We don't need this garbage here. Way to get a thread locked with a personal attack,.

Just be happy that the Jets won and who cares who thinks what about individual players. Pure garbage post.

Archived