Sanchez's problems are correctable.

BroadwayJ667

I'm a sad sad mufcka but the Jets MUST become good enough to take down Rodgers and his Packers. I can't stand the hype, and a sunshine and lollipops career is just too storybook for me.

I love SE's Brees to the HOF talk too....Guy's a great player. The Saints upsetting the Colts is underrated as a moment IMO.

Gato if you remeber last year we held Mr Rodgers to 0 TD's and 9 points so he is stoppable. It might be tougher to do that this year because we do not pressure the passer like we did the first 2 years of Rex with less blitzing

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the measure of whether someone is HOF worthy is dependent upon being better than Peyton Manning and Tom Brady?

Based on what? Guy averages 4000 passing yards a season (while spending the first half of his career in a Martyball offense) and has done it for the past 6 years (and counting) while completing 2/3 of his passes. How many shootout-type QB's in NFL history complete 2/3 of their passes (and over the past 3 years it's like 70%)?

He's on pace for his second 5000-yard season, while completing over 70% of his attempts, and there is no Randy Moss or Marvin Harrison or Duper/Clayton duo.

The HOF is, in theory, the best & most dominant players ever not who has the most cumulative of something for his career. If it was, Curtis Martin would have been a mortal lock to be a first-ballot HOF'er, which he isn't and wasn't. That's why he has to wait for a weak eligibility class and Steve Young, who is on zero all-time TD & yardage & other longevity-type lists, sails in during his first eligible year.

He is a dominant force and an all-time great QB and a HOF lock right now.

I have a very simple reason of why he isn't a HOF QB just look at the division he plays in....ugh...2-3 years HOF yes...today...NO....I use both Manning and Brady as today's standard as the two best QB's who are HOF.....IMHO...Brees is just not there yet....And IMHO...Marino was THE BEST.....And Should have been a Jet but thats another story

Gato if you remeber last year we held Mr Rodgers to 0 TD's and 9 points so he is stoppable. It might be tougher to do that this year because we do not pressure the passer like we did the first 2 years of Rex with less blitzing

wasn't it very windy that day?

wasn't it very windy that day?

Yeah that game had the worst throwing conditions i can remember. Strong spiraling winds...

I still can't stand Rodgers and that stupid Wrasslin title belt thing he does. Eat a Rick is what I say when I see that guys image on my picture box.

And if Homes had held the ball that was going to be a TD....F the Packers.....and Rogers with his BS WWF move

How is he better then both of them? They all have their own qualities that favor them. To say that a QB with a history of concussion problems is going to be playing at an elite level at 36 is utter nonsense. Besides Peyton, how many QBs have done that.

There's going to be no doubt in my opinion at the end of his career, Peyton Manning will be the GOAT. He started from day 1 with a talentless team and got continually killed because of his terrible O-Line and he stuck through it. Played 13 straight seasons without missing a game, 12 of them being at an elite level. Rodgers was given a sh*t load of talent, was taught by an all-time great QB and won't put in anything close to the amount of service Peyton has. I can't believe someone thinks Rodgers will be the greatest of all time. Much of his skill set and success has been his ability to move out of the pocket and avoid sacks, you think he'll be doing that at an elite level at 36? C'Mon Man!

How is utter nonsense if there's 3 QB's doing it right now and Farve did it till he was 40? They are doing everything they can to reduce contact and concussions.

Look, its all good. We disagree. I think Rodgers is currently playing at a level I've never seen before. Even better than what Brady and Manning did eventhough there stats might end up better. Its a matter of opinion bro, you arguing something that neither can verify. Right now, IMO, Rodgers is playing the position better than anyone I've ever seen and I dont see any reason he wont continue to get better and make his legacy grow.

wow are your arguments flawed.

So with argument 2 any QB can succeed. Thus the colts aren't really 0-12 without peyton manning, Blaine Gabbert is the next HOF, Mike Vick is again having an MVP season.

Argument 3. Teams are playing prevent defense against the Jets with the game on the line? I don't think so. Watch the games a little closer. The Skins certainly weren't playing passive, they were bringing an extra blitzer.

I can go on.

Okay. I re-read my posts on an actual screen and see what happened. I wasn't claiming that each or any of those points were THE reason Sanchez does better. I was posting each point from the point of view of somebody that believed in them 100%. Not necessarily my own view, but I do believe that each has some merit. Now for the actual question and the reason that I'm bringing this up 24 hours later: Do you think Sanchez plays better in the hurry up and if so, why?

I love Aaron Rodgers he is an absolute Stud but for him to be in the GOAT debate hes going to have to do it for at least 10 years and win 3 or 4 SB's Montana Brady Elway Unitas are my 4 for GOAT going to be a while before Rodgers is in the discussion but he is more than capable.

Marino is certainly in that discussion and he never won sh*t.

I have a very simple reason of why he isn't a HOF QB just look at the division he plays in....ugh...2-3 years HOF yes...today...NO....I use both Manning and Brady as today's standard as the two best QB's who are HOF.....IMHO...Brees is just not there yet....And IMHO...Marino was THE BEST.....And Should have been a Jet but thats another story

Absurd. The divisions are no better or worse. Broncos & Chiefs were good teams with good defenses when he was in SD. Atl & TB & Car have been no worse added together - particularly on D - than what Manning & Brady faced. Besides, he's great against playoff teams anyway.

You're really reaching. Brees is an all time great QB.

Marino is certainly in that discussion and he never won sh*t.

Thats a whole different story many people will not even consider a guy with no rings. I know Marino was awesome and as a pure passer with all the other stuff aside (like championships) he surely is right there in the discussion. Too bad when his offense seemed unstoppable he ran into the Niners

Absurd. The divisions are no better or worse. Broncos & Chiefs were good teams with good defenses when he was in SD. Atl & TB & Car have been no worse added together - particularly on D - than what Manning & Brady faced. Besides, he's great against playoff teams anyway.

Without a doubt Brees will be in the HOF. Hes the one guy the Packers are terrified of playing in the playoffs if they go undefeated. Absolutely terrified.

Your telling me Brees was putting up those numbers when he was in the AFC? No Way....I said Brees needs to do it a few more years before he is HOF material. Great QB is one thing HOF is another.....

Your telling me Brees was putting up those numbers when he was in the AFC? No Way....I said Brees needs to do it a few more years before he is HOF material. Great QB is one thing HOF is another.....

Brees put up good numbers in the AFC most HOF QB's dont start out with their hair on fire Like Marino did they usually start putting up the big numbers in the middle of their careers then tail off at the end as they get older. Brees is a beast at QB as long as they keep surrounding him with solid players on offense that probably wont change for a while.

Brees put up good numbers in the AFC most HOF QB's dont start out with their hair on fire Like Marino did they usually start putting up the big numbers in the middle of their careers then tail off at the end as they get older. Brees is a beast at QB as long as they keep surrounding him with solid players on offense that probably wont change for a while.

His AFC numbers are less than his NFC numbers....Brees is very very good...I am just not sold on hanging the banner of HOF on him....just yet

My point is that a lot of the guys we are saying "suck" are putting up decent stats when you compare to 30 years ago..

1981 Sanchez's QBR would put in 9th in the league.. his td rate would put him at 5th... his completion % 11, and his int's about middle of league.... the guys basically putting up pro bowl type numbers for 1981 and we think he sucks

Thats because the offense we run is that bad,. Sanchez numbers will get better once sh!tface is the hell out of here

I have historically not been a huge brees guy, he's easily my least favorite of the "elite" QB's.. but hard to argue with teh SB and the #'s.. eve nif they come against sh*tty division and in a dome

I have historically not been a huge brees guy, he's easily my least favorite of the "elite" QB's.. but hard to argue with teh SB and the #'s.. eve nif they come against sh*tty division and in a dome

Exactly my point(s).....

His AFC numbers are less than his NFC numbers....Brees is very very good...I am just not sold on hanging the banner of HOF on him....just yet

He was playing Martyball in SD.

Is it your assertion that his 2004 season wasn't great? It's better than any Jets QB I lived to see. And though his TE Gates turned into a stud, do me a favor and name SD's wideouts.

Look, its all good. We disagree. I think Rodgers is currently playing at a level I've never seen before. Even better than what Brady and Manning did eventhough there stats might end up better. Its a matter of opinion bro, you arguing something that neither can verify.

The fact that something isn't susceptible to precise measurement doesn't make it a matter of opinion. Maybe Rodgers is playing better than any quarterback ever has before. Maybe he isn't. But there's a right answer. Bro.

Correctable?

Have they found the cure for bad draft picks?

Like the mouse he is, Sanchez came up small in the 2 biggest games of his career. Whats worse is this year teams know how minor league the NYJ passing game is (due to his inability to complete a pass >20yds) which permits them to focus more on stopping the run.

Correctable?

Have they found the cure for bad draft picks?

Like the mouse he is, Sanchez came up small in the 2 biggest games of his career. Whats worse is this year teams know how minor league the NYJ passing game is (due to his inability to complete a pass >20yds) which permits them to focus more on stopping the run.

Thats funny I thought he took the Jets to a 17-6 lead over the Colts as a rookie and hit Braylon down the sidelines for a TD that went a lot more than 20 yards and the Defense totally sh*t the bed from that moment on.

He also brought us back vs the Steelers and when we needed a big defensive stop in the last few minutes the Defense sh*t the bed once again. Sure he had a bad first half but a lot of QB's do .

Sanchez is far from suck. Suck is Painter, Suck is Young, not Sanchez.

Okay. I re-read my posts on an actual screen and see what happened. I wasn't claiming that each or any of those points were THE reason Sanchez does better. I was posting each point from the point of view of somebody that believed in them 100%. Not necessarily my own view, but I do believe that each has some merit. Now for the actual question and the reason that I'm bringing this up 24 hours later: Do you think Sanchez plays better in the hurry up and if so, why?

Oh I agree that Schotty is the problem. From other things I have noticed about Sanchez, he plays well in an up tempo offense, he throws well when he is moving out of the pocket; rolling out, and he does throw a very good deep ball.

All three of these things are missing from the current Jets offense. For whatever reason Schotty seems to play to Mark's weaknesses than his strengths. He'll have mark throw a 20 yard deep out to his left, on of the absolute most difficult passes for a right handed QB. I do believe Mark could thrive in an offense similar to New Orleans. However Schotty is too damn stubborn to want to run it.

Oh I agree that Schotty is the problem. From other things I have noticed about Sanchez, he plays well in an up tempo offense, he throws well when he is moving out of the pocket; rolling out, and he does throw a very good deep ball.

All three of these things are missing from the current Jets offense. For whatever reason Schotty seems to play to Mark's weaknesses than his strengths. He'll have mark throw a 20 yard deep out to his left, on of the absolute most difficult passes for a right handed QB. I do believe Mark could thrive in an offense similar to New Orleans. However Schotty is too damn stubborn to want to run it.

Sanchez reminds me of Montana under the original Schittemheimer...totally shiitty until the 4th quarter where he moves into "beast mode" and makes it happen...in Sanchez's case he doesn't have the juice from the past to totally ignore the dumb "help" from the sidelines...which leads to the crap we see game to game.

Archived