Bad News On The Peyton Manning Front...

SoFlaJets

I'll let him explain it, but I believe the thoery was manning would delay the bonus to may allowing the colts to shop the #1 pick

Oh, okay, then it's utter speculation.

Because, as it currently stands, it would not be viable.

the mechanics of it are possible, sure, but jason stated just yesterday it is very unlikely he becomes a FA, and do you see the colts trading him to an AFC team with a top 10 defense ? it makes no sense

unless

they know he is shot

irsay went on MNF and basically said the guy is family and will be a colt

I believe him

I don't think they'll have a choice where to trade him if he agrees to delay his bonus... he'll go where he wants to..

And archie manning said Peyton and luck can't coexist...

listen, I know a lot of things have to break right and it's a long shot... but assuming peyton is healthy and the colts are taking luck, my guess is that he'll be able to force his way where he wants to go...

Oh, okay, then it's utter speculation.

Because, as it currently stands, it would not be viable.

Report: Colts, Manning Willing To Push Back Option Bonus

Indianapolis Colts, NFL | Comments

textsize.gif

textsize_minus_d.giftextsize_minus_l.gif

textsize_plus_d.giftextsize_plus_l.gif

Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning is due a $28 million option bonus on March 8, but the Colts and Manning may both be willing to push back that deadline, according to NBC Sports.

According to NBC Sports, the Colts would like to have the most amount of medical information about Manning before paying the bonus. Manning sat out all of the 2011 season with a neck injury; the Colts finished 2-14 and fired both Bill and Chris Polian after the season.

On Saturday, it was reported that the Colts were planning on taking Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck with the first overall pick in April’s draft.

still speculation, but building up steam

According to Andrew Brandt the NFLPA has informed him that Manning can not renegotiate his deal to move the timing of the bonus. Now granted they are going to take that side no matter what because they want to protect players from trades and let them explore free agency, but I was thinking about that tonight. The CBA has a provision that you cant renegotiate a deal after the last regular season game. The speculation was that because no valuation changes would be made to the Manning deal it would not technically be considered a renegotiation and thus they could renegotiate. The problem may be because of the timing of the option decision Mannings salary cap number in 2011 and beyond is affected by changing the terms of the option decision (his cap number falls by $5.6 million in 2011 and rises by $1.4 million each year after). To me any change in a cap number for the current league year would constitute a renegotiation and because the regular season ended the Colts missed their window.

According to Andrew Brandt the NFLPA has informed him that Manning can not renegotiate his deal to move the timing of the bonus. Now granted they are going to take that side no matter what because they want to protect players from trades and let them explore free agency, but I was thinking about that tonight. The CBA has a provision that you cant renegotiate a deal after the last regular season game. The speculation was that because no valuation changes would be made to the Manning deal it would not technically be considered a renegotiation and thus they could renegotiate. The problem may be because of the timing of the option decision Mannings salary cap number in 2011 and beyond is affected by changing the terms of the option decision (his cap number falls by $5.6 million in 2011 and rises by $1.4 million each year after). To me any change in a cap number for the current league year would constitute a renegotiation and because the regular season ended the Colts missed their window.

So your saying he is a Colt, or a FA come the new league year unless the Colts are willing to pay him that bonus and then trade him but that does not make any sense.

The Colts might have to shop that 1st pick I can't see both on that team next year, trade it to the Browns for both 1st's this year a 2nd this year and a 1st next year, or do you think that's to much?

So your saying he is a Colt, or a FA come the new league year unless the Colts are willing to pay him that bonus and then trade him but that does not make any sense.

The Colts might have to shop that 1st pick I can't see both on that team next year, trade it to the Browns for both 1st's this year a 2nd this year and a 1st next year, or do you think that's to much?

I would say that will be the cost for Luck this year. The hype is so high and the salaries so low that number 1 picks like that will fetch a fortune

Everyone remember why Peyton is with the colts? He chose to stay another year at Tennessee, because per Peyton, The Jets had the first pick in the draft and no way was he going to be a New York Jet. I can not believe he would even consider it unless Moore could make it happen.

Everyone remember why Peyton is with the colts? He chose to stay another year at Tennessee, because per Peyton, The Jets had the first pick in the draft and no way was he going to be a New York Jet. I can not believe he would even consider it unless Moore could make it happen.

Thought it was slightly different than that. Thought Parcells would not commit to Manning so Manning stayed in School

I don't think that is what happened.

Adam Schein just reported that he has heard from people in the Colts organization that as of right now, New Year's Day 2012 that Peyton Manning can't even throw the football. He might be done and will definitely NOT be wearing a Jets uniform this year.

Is that any worse then if he could but mostly to D lineman on other teams.

Thought it was slightly different than that. Thought Parcells would not commit to Manning so Manning stayed in School

yup. poppa manning called parcells to see if he would guarantee that parcells would take peyton because the saints had a high pick, and he didn't want peyton playing for the saints. parcells wouldn't commit to that so peyton stayed in school to avoid the saints

That is how I remember it as well...

Yeah that was the deal. His family wanted Parcells to commit early to Manning and go wild over drafting him. He wouldnt do it because he doenst do that and talked about potentially shopping the pick. I think the family under no circumstances wanted the Jets to decide who got him and moreso than that have it so a team would in fact pass on Manning. It had nothing to do with NY. I mean just a few years later they pretty much begged for their other son to QB a NY team.

yup. poppa manning called parcells to see if he would guarantee that parcells would take peyton because the saints had a high pick, and he didn't want peyton playing for the saints. parcells wouldn't commit to that so peyton stayed in school to avoid the saints

Ah the memories............ Even probably the greatest coach in our history as brief as his tenure was contributed greatly to the unremitting disaster that is Jets lore

Even to this day in my household we have the Keyshawn or Manning debate

Adam Schein just reported that he has heard from people in the Colts organization that as of right now, New Year's Day 2012 that Peyton Manning can't even throw the football. He might be done and will definitely NOT be wearing a Jets uniform this year.

Great News for the Jets. Dont even give T an opportunity to **** something up. You are in for such a surprise next year SFJ. I am so excited to watch the bandwagon rush! lmao

Yeah that was the deal. His family wanted Parcells to commit early to Manning and go wild over drafting him. He wouldnt do it because he doenst do that and talked about potentially shopping the pick. I think the family under no circumstances wanted the Jets to decide who got him and moreso than that have it so a team would in fact pass on Manning. It had nothing to do with NY. I mean just a few years later they pretty much begged for their other son to QB a NY team.

This is why I hate Parcells to thsi day, and also makes me want punch something when I hear Rex acting the same way, neither one put a lot of credence in the QB

Ah the memories............ Even probably the greatest coach in our history as brief as his tenure was contributed greatly to the unremitting disaster that is Jets lore

Even to this day in my household we have the Keyshawn or Manning debate

what are you debating? Wasn't the same year, Keyshawn was the year prior, The year Manning would've come out we ended up trading the pick for a bunch of garbage and James farrior

Archived