Jets have interest in (backup) QBs...

Greenseed4

Based on what?

Nothing substantial.

I forget what NFL show it was... But it had Campbell on the Redskins, and he was playing video games (or something) against some of the fellas, and they were clowning on him pretty bad. (And) it was the way he took it and didn't really stand up to anyone. Then they later showed him walking to the field and he was isolating himself, still getting picked on, and just kind of took it with his head down.

He was like the "Butters" of SouthPark. Following the gang but not really apart of it.

Which I guess is a weird reason to not trust your franchise to a guy--but that just always stuck with me. A QB needs to be a leader/fighter/competitor and I just didn't see that with Campbell. He's a dude with good performance measureables, that hates his job.

Idk, call it intuition. I don't think he's a starter because he's okay with being a back-up.

Can't say either way, but I would like to see Campbell have a couple stable years with a franchise and see what he could do. I watched him here in DC and the kid never got a chance. Probably won't happen with the Jets cause we have to suck one more year before we give up on Mark.,

Knowing that unless we land Peyton that we are gonna forfeit another year just so we can say "we gave Mark a fair chance" really annoys me. The good members of our squad aren't getting any younger.

Yeah, cause thats what I've been saying all along. McElroy is Jesus with eye black.

Give me a break dude... if you don't see where I was coming from, then you are a clown.

You were willing to "bet" and I made a light-hearted crack about staying away from Vegas, because you have no premise for the conjecture in your initial post, other than that McElroy played good in high school and college. Silly.

McElroy is a #3 for a reason. Just like Ratliffe was. The budding love affair that some Jets fans have with McElroy is nice, but its just like what we always do as a fan base, we don't have a QB who is top 3 in the league, so we convince ourselves that the longest possible shot on the roster is the potential answer to our 40+ years of whining... blech. I'm not hopping on the McElroy is the future bandwagon, just like I didn't with Ratliffe...

Do you people even realize how stupid and ironic it is to complain in one breath about having a QB that sucks, and then suggest that the #3 behind him has all the tools to do something other than suck?

Nothing substantial.

I forget what NFL show it was... But it had Campbell on the Redskins, and he was playing video games (or something) against some of the fellas, and they were clowning on him pretty bad. (And) it was the way he took it and didn't really stand up to anyone. Then they later showed him walking to the field and he was isolating himself, still getting picked on, and just kind of took it with his head down.

He was like the "Butters" of SouthPark. Following the gang but not really apart of it.

Which I guess is a weird reason to not trust your franchise to a guy--but that just always stuck with me. A QB needs to be a leader/fighter/competitor and I just didn't see that with Campbell. He's a dude with good performance measureables, that hates his job.

Idk, call it intuition. I don't think he's a starter because he's okay with being a back-up.

Call me when Campbell's receivers want to fight him in the huddle because he can;t get them the ball.

Give me a break dude... if you don't see where I was coming from, then you are a clown.

You were willing to "bet" and I made a light-hearted crack about staying away from Vegas, because you have no premise for the conjecture in your initial post, other than that McElroy played good in high school and college. Silly.

McElroy is a #3 for a reason. Just like Ratliffe was. The budding love affair that some Jets fans have with McElroy is nice, but its just like what we always do as a fan base, we don't have a QB who is top 3 in the league, so we convince ourselves that the longest possible shot on the roster is the potential answer to our 40+ years of whining... blech. I'm not hopping on the McElroy is the future bandwagon, just like I didn't with Ratliffe...

Do you people even realize how stupid and ironic it is to complain in one breath about having a QB that sucks, and then suggest that the #3 behind him has all the tools to do something other than suck?

Dry your eyes, it'll be OK. Didn't see how I made you so butt hurt. McElroy played well in college.. great in fact. McElroy got hurt didn't get a chance to really compete. So it isn't "stupid" to say that Sanchez sucks and that I think McElroy could be good. Two unrelated situations in this case.

Dry your eyes, it'll be OK. Didn't see how I made you so butt hurt. McElroy played well in college.. great in fact. McElroy got hurt didn't get a chance to really compete. So it isn't "stupid" to say that Sanchez sucks and that I think McElroy could be good. Two unrelated situations in this case.

Hahaha... yeah, I'm all bent out of shape. I made a wisecrack. You are the one that took me serious and posted all sorts of rhetoric about McElroy and all the if/then scenarios that his greatness so obviously hinges upon...

Don't let me discourage you from your McElroy campaigning... we need something to laugh at in the offseason, you'll do. McElroy will never get the chance to prove you right, which I guess makes my point. lol

I made a thread I believe back in January about Jason Campbell. This kid has talent. Its just that he's never been in the same system for more than a year. He's never been comfortable. Let him compete with Sanchez and given that Sparano was just signed I HIGHLY doubt he'll blow up the offense and be fired in a year.

Jason Campbell I think is a baller and is a better pick than trying to get/pay manning. I just dont like it. It has never, ever worked out for us, no matter the player/position. The closest we got is Favre and he got injured, threw 22 picks and we got bumped out of playoff contention by the very QB that we let go. YOU SIMPLY CANT MAKE SH_T UP LIKE THAT. Im telling you, thats the luck of the Jets. Something crazy would happen like Luck would have a crazy year and bump us out of the AFC championship game or something outrageous like that.

Lets get Campbell, give Sanchez some coaching that can develop him but at the same time let him know that his job isnt safe. This is the best possible move the jets can make given that they invested a 5th round pick, plus more given the move up for Sanchez. You cant give up on a QB that has very similar stats to Eli in his first 3 years and technically Win/Loss wise has a better record than what Eli did, and Eli had more competent offensive coaches around him.

Jason Campbell is a player that Sanchez can learn from, he'll save us money, he's a veteran that can compete with sanchez or replace him if Sanchez gets hurt.

This makes much more sense for our future. Now if the Jets are thinking Superbowl or bust then Manning is your guy, period.

THIS^^^^^^^^

Jumping ship at this time is what people who never amount to anything do. Perserverance is big in the NFL and in life. When it gets hard and looks bleak, you get to work and perservere. You don't run away and ask an old man with 4 neck surgeries, who hasn't played in a year, and for all intents and purposes was really a choke artist in the bigger games in hi career. Why oh why would anyone want that???????????

Campbell is the move

Good luck bringing in Campbell to be QB2 at QB2 salary when there are more than a few starting jobs available.

Yeah I agree. With a bunch of teams needing starters I don't think there's going to be a long line of QBs - ones with legitimate starting potential in 2012 - begging to back up Mark Sanchez.

Henne we could get to do that, because no one's bringing him in to start. Don't understand why Henne's anticipated contract is in the $4M/year range. Seems more than a bit high.

THIS^^^^^^^^

Jumping ship at this time is what people who never amount to anything do. Perserverance is big in the NFL and in life. When it gets hard and looks bleak, you get to work and perservere. You don't run away and ask an old man with 4 neck surgeries, who hasn't played in a year, and for all intents and purposes was really a choke artist in the bigger games in hi career. Why oh why would anyone want that???????????

Campbell is the move

Well, thank you beans! I think Campbell is the way to go.

Good luck bringing in Campbell to be QB2 at QB2 salary when there are more than a few starting jobs available.

He's not coming in as a #2. He's coming in to compete for the Job. Let Sanchez know that we believe that he's our future but we need to bring in value players and in this business you need to secure your job with performance.

You dont need to pay him 2 million to sit on the bench, But you dont have to pay 4 neck surgeries 30 million either.

Archived