Matt Flynn To Seattle

Maxman

10 million guaranteed for one great game, I wouldn't call that getting screwed!

RIght? Who is this guy? I feel for the Seattle fans. Three years of Peppy Pete Carroll, three QB's. AWESOME!!!

Flynn has one game, albeit a very VERY good one, but $10 mil guaranteed? Funny stuff. Who know's if he;ll be any good, but if you asked an Arizona fan how betting it all on a back up QB with a couple games of experience feels, I'd bet they wouldn't tell you a hapy tale.

RIght? Who is this guy? I feel for the Seattle fans. Three years of Peppy Pete Carroll, three QB's. AWESOME!!!

Flynn has one game, albeit a very VERY good one, but $10 mil guaranteed? Funny stuff. Who know's if he;ll be any good, but if you asked an Arizona fan how betting it all on a back up QB with a couple games of experience feels, I'd bet they wouldn't tell you a hapy tale.

Yes one very VERY good game. We gave Sanchez how much money for ZERO good games a few years ago? And then an extention for maybe 5 good games... Throw a stone in a glass house are we?

10 million guaranteed for one great game, I wouldn't call that getting screwed!

Of course he didnt. But I believe he could've done better. Lets compare Flynn to Kolb. Kolb had a few big games and a few bad games. Flynn had virtually no bad games because of how little he played. Kolb got 21 million guaranteed for being and inconsistent backup while Flynn got 10 million for 2 very promising games. Thought he could've done better. I heard Miami was lowballing him, guess they didn't see him as the next Rodgers.

Given that it wasn't a huge contract, Philbin must think he can do better in the draft. Seattle may have gotten a lemon here.

That is the scary part. If Flynn's coach doesn't bring him in it reminds me of Norm Chow passing on Matt Leinart in Tenn. Not that Norm had the final say, or close to it. But when your ex-coach goes to a new organization, you would think if you want that player you will get him.

Totally unrelated but if Norm Chow acts like he is interested in a player, but really isn't,,,is that considered a fake chow?

Matt Moore for a year, Ryan Tannehill in 2013. Not a bad consolation prize. Why lock yourself into a QB you don't believe in just because he's available?

Tannenbaum just read that and is rolling over in his grave.

Given that it wasn't a huge contract, Philbin must think he can do better in the draft. Seattle may have gotten a lemon here.

I think the general thinking here is that the Dolphins lowballed Flynn because he'd have a better chance of starting in Miami seeing as he doesn't need to beat out a QB who was the team's starter last year and has six years in his OC's system which is what he's dealing with in Seattle.

Either way, the Dolphins look like a bunch of bumbling fools right now.

I think the general thinking here is that the Dolphins lowballed Flynn because he'd have a better chance of starting in Miami seeing as he doesn't need to beat out a QB who was the team's starter last year and has six years in his OC's system which is what he's dealing with in Seattle.

Either way, the Dolphins look like a bunch of bumbling fools right now.

As opposed to when in the last ten years

As opposed to when in the last ten years

It's one thing when Jim Harbaugh says no to you when he's 80% committed to San Fran, it's one thing when Jeff Fisher says no to you when his agent's brother is the GM in St. Louis, it's one thing when Peyton Manning says no to you when he's got significantly more attractive options on the table, it's quite another when a backup with two starts under his belt who's been coached by your new HC the last four years and knows the system inside and out and will be your starter if he signs with you says no and instead decides to go and play in the worst weather city in the league on a team with an incumbent starter who's been playing in his system for six years already.

It's one thing when Jim Harbaugh says no to you when he's 80% committed to San Fran, it's one thing when Jeff Fisher says no to you when his agent's brother is the GM in St. Louis, it's one thing when Peyton Manning says no to you when he's got significantly more attractive options on the table, it's quite another when a backup with two starts under his belt who's been coached by your new HC the last four years and knows the system inside and out and will be your starter if he signs with you says no and instead decides to go and play in the worst weather city in the league on a team with an incumbent starter who's been playing in his system for six years already.

No, I know. If I am Philbin, I'm wondering if the team is really committed to winning anything other than local television share. I mean maybe Flynn won't be great but Philbin certainly knows how to get the best out of the guy, so he wouldn't be a bust.

Now it seems they are going to be stuck drafting Tannehill in the first round because of the Sherman connection.

Yes one very VERY good game. We gave Sanchez how much money for ZERO good games a few years ago? And then an extention for maybe 5 good games... Throw a stone in a glass house are we?

HEY!!!! I'm talking about someone else's pain man. Not MINE!!!! I root for everyone to be as miserable and confused as I am. Jeesh

Plus... that was standard practice to sign 1st rd draft picks. That's the system. If the number 6 pick got 50 mil the 5th pick got 55 . That's the way it worked. I don't agree either, but we had no choice.

Archived