LaRon Landry Highlight Video

JetNation

Post image for LaRon Landry Highlight Video

We wanted to share a highlight video that features the newest New York Jet, LaRon Landry.

Here is some additional information on LaRon Landry from the NY Jets official press release:

Landry (S/6-0/220/Louisiana State/Metarie, LA)

initially entered the NFL as a first-round selection (sixth overall) by the Washington Redskins in the 2007 NFL Draft. During his career, Landry has started all 64 games in which he has played, notching 383 tackles (291 solo), five sacks, four interceptions, 31 passes defensed, six forced fumbles and five fumble recoveries. In his only postseason contest, he registered two interceptions and two passes defensed at Seattle (01/05/08). Last season, he posted 48 tackles (35 solo) with 1.5 sacks and one forced fumble in eight games. He was named to the NFL All-Rookie Defensive Team and was a Pro Bowl Alternate in 2007 and 2008.

“After spending time with the organization as a whole, I just felt that signing with the Jets was the right thing to do,” said Landry. “When you factor in that Rex coached my brother and the family-oriented demeanor, it just felt like home. It made the decision real easy for me. They have a top-notch support staff and facility and I really feel that I can prosper here.”

Prior to the NFL, Landry was a four-year starter at Louisiana State, amassing 315 total tackles (190 solo), 12 interceptions and eight sacks. He earned All-American honors as senior in 2006 after leading the team in tackles and registering three interceptions, seven passes defensed, one sack and one forced fumble. He was also named a first or second-team All-SEC selection all four years.

Landry’s older brother, Dawan, entered the NFL in 2006 as fifth-round pick of the Baltimore Ravens and was coached by then-Ravens Defensive Coordinator Rex Ryan for his first three seasons in the league.

di
di

djdpFjf5FYg

View the full article

good Lord.. if he is healthy this is a scary secondary even with questions at fs

Can't believe I agree with Gruden, but yeah... we got ourselves a Polamalu.

If the ankle holds up, then we need to lock him up long-term. I like the low-risk approach though

Thats a pretty huge IF!

If he stays healthy thats heck of a deal. But the probability of recovering from partially torn achilles without surgery and being able to play an entire season at full strength is very small.

Its funny going into free agency, I remember a majority of people on the board wanted Landry. Then Nelson became availabe, everyone was enamored with him and the Jets werent able to sign him. People were mad. The Jets sign Landry. People are starting to become happy again.

IMO the Jets will re-sign Jim Leonard and draft a safety in round 2-3. George Iloka and Markelle Martin seem to be the most prudent free safety prospects. Martin is more talented but Iloka is technically sound.

Manish Mehta ‏ @TheJetsStream

LaRon Landry (@MrLandry30) on his pass coverage: "I'm not going to say I'm great in the box and my pass coverage sucks." #nyj

23s Rich Cimini Rich Cimini ‏ @RichCimini

Landry on pass-coverage criticisms: I hear it, but I'm not listening to it. Feels unwarranted. #Jets

1m Manish Mehta Manish Mehta ‏ @TheJetsStream

Landry on whether he sees himself as a strong or free safety: "In this defense, I can do both....This defense allows you to... mix it up"

2m Rich Cimini Rich Cimini ‏ @RichCimini

Landry: Says he can play strong or free safety. With #Jets defense, can do both.

2m Manish Mehta Manish Mehta ‏ @TheJetsStream

LaRon Landry on his visit with Patriots: "The meeting went well, but my heart was with the Jets." #nyj

3m Manish Mehta Manish Mehta ‏ @TheJetsStream

LaRon Landry on Pats' TEs: "They have great tight ends. You need some guys on the field that can cover those guys.. safeties."

3m Rich Cimini Rich Cimini ‏ @RichCimini

Landry: Says there was tug-of-war with Redskins over whether he should have had surgery. Says answer to injury wasn't surgery. #Jets

4m Rich Cimini Rich Cimini ‏ @RichCimini

Landry, cont.: Said signing with Jets was "no brainer," said med staff knows his injury. #Jets

5m Rich Cimini Rich Cimini ‏ @RichCimini

Landry's here: Discussing Achilles' injury. Says he'll be ready when it's time to be ready. Will part "as much as possible" in OTAs, mini.

5m Manish Mehta Manish Mehta ‏ @TheJetsStream

LaRon Landry on health: "I'll be ready when it's' time to be ready.... I will be at OTAs & minicamp. I'll participate as much as possible":

the achillies is a little scary but on the plus side the Jets now have 3 players from the SEC. Conner, McElroy, and Landry.

Whats sad is I remember a time when our whole defensive line was from the SEC. 2003-04 It was Abraham,Jason Ferguson,Dewayne Robertson,and Shaun Ellis. We also had Mo Lewis at that time from UGA on our roster yet aging. Hopefully this years draft we take one from the SEC, Melvin Ingram or Upshaw etc.

Thats a pretty huge IF!

If he stays healthy thats heck of a deal. But the probability of recovering from partially torn achilles without surgery and being able to play an entire season at full strength is very small.

Agree. Looking at that video we know who will lead the team in personal foul penalties. Worth a shot though.

Thats a pretty huge IF!

Doc I've taken a couple of weeks off from running/working out and my ankle feels stiff.

Any medical advice?

Nobody in the NFL finishes a season at full strength. Youre getting hit by 300 pound assholes for 3+ months.

Archived