Hold on sports fans!

Ryno the Jet

Hey BG, Tebow is polarizing. I heard something that summed him up perfectly:

"In one game, Tebow can give the doubter all the proof they need that he will never be a successful Pro style QB in the NFL and at the same time give the believer all they need to see that he will be one of the best."

While I cant really wrap my head around this yet, it aint the worst move the Jets have made with Sporano running the Offense and the need for a servicable #2 QB. Try to see it that way it may get you off the ledge.

Ha! Thats a great way of putting it. The kid has been told since pop-warner he'd never be a QB and at every level all he does is prove people wrong.

Guys a winner. Thats why this sh*t follows him. If he was a loser, we wouldnt hear about him. He's one of the most scrutinized athletes of all time. Ever hear Sam Bradford blasted the way Tebow's been over his career? Yet they have the same amount of wins.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the bottom line is you want to close you eyes and ignore the massive amounts of risk that exist with this trade for a player who has already shown that they are nothing more than a gimmick player, as opposed to a 4th round pick that may or may not be good without that level of risk. The fact that there is prior history with the former player that gives two years worth of evidence to suggest the exact issue discussed is a very realistic possibility that has already occurred on multiple occasions throughout his short career is of course ignored because it doesn't fit into your pre-defined agenda.

The irony of your last statement is epic, since you endless act like a gigantic douche bag to everyone who dares not bow down to what you've convinced yourself is your vastly superior intellect. Take a look back and see who started throwing out comments directed at the individual as opposed to the situation first, but I'm sure as usual you'd rather turn a blind eye to all of your antics and blame everyone else for the amount of sh*t you get yourself into with others.

Seriously guy, take a deep breath.

I don't have an "agenda" wtf are you talking about. I was just being an excited Jets fan. Now you really sound like a lunatic.

I was discussing Tebow in a positive light when you came into the thread I created and flamed me, calling me idiotically naive if I recall. You started the personal attacks, NOT ME. There were PLENTY of negative threads you could have posted your mellowdramatic twatty meltdown in. Instead you came and insulted me, then spammed my thread with exaggerated conjecture and negativity. Basically a dark cloud of worst case scenario statements, nothing more.

How I play mafia has NOTHING to do with how I was posting about Tebow, so don't drag that into this. I was genuinely excited about this news. You've acted like a complete baby all afternoon, and you've managed to personally insult me several times... reason being you have nothing meaningful to say about this, for or against. All you are doing is having a tantrum. We all see it. I'm sure even the people that don't want Tebow can see that you are stomping your feet like a spoiled little fat girl being refuse a cupcake.

Not sure I agree. Think the Jets are actually better with Tebow. The less Sanchez throws, the better. It's obvious he sucks, and if we're stuck with him, might as well have him impact the game as little as possible. We'll be drafting another QB soon.......

Well, Joe Benigno is saying the Jets should trade Sanchez and start Tebow. That would be fun to watch.

Seriously guy, take a deep breath.

I don't have an "agenda" wtf are you talking about. I was just being an excited Jets fan. Now you really sound like a lunatic.

I was discussing Tebow in a positive light when you came into the thread I created and flamed me, calling me idiotically naive if I recall. You started the personal attacks, NOT ME. There were PLENTY of negative threads you could have posted your mellowdramatic twatty meltdown in. Instead you came and insulted me, then spammed my thread with exaggerated conjecture and negativity. Basically a dark cloud of worst case scenario statements, nothing more.

How I play mafia has NOTHING to do with how I was posting about Tebow, so don't drag that into this. I was genuinely excited about this news. You've acted like a complete baby all afternoon, and you've managed to personally insult me several times... reason being you have nothing meaningful to say about this, for or against. All you are doing is having a tantrum. We all see it. I'm sure even the people that don't want Tebow can see that you are stomping your feet like a spoiled little fat girl being refuse a cupcake.

How can I be so foolish. You really proved your point with this post. The fact that your entire argument has been based on absolutely nothing is irrelevant. You make claims that have no basis whatsoever, but since you don't like the points I've made, you ignore the past two years of history which completely contradicts your stance and is very much reflective of the issues I have with this move. But hey, at least you were sure to really drive home the point about what a stand up guy you're acting like, as we have yet another post of yours that wraps up with a full paragraph taking as many personal shots at me as humanly possible. You can feel free to go **** yourself any time now a$$hole.

Per report read on the Fan, Jets never read contract before announcing trade. They are now balking on the 5M payback, Denver never announced trade. Good chance it falls through..

I knew it... Idiots

Per report read on the Fan, Jets never read contract before announcing trade. They are now balking on the 5M payback, Denver never announced trade. Good chance it falls through..

I knew it... Idiots

Come on, pay the $5 million, Tanny!!!

I knew it... Idiots

Holy crap. I think this disaster pretty much all but guaranteed that Tanny is going to be looking for a new job next year. That's a whole new level of incompetence. Forgetting even my thoughts on the trade itself, that's absolutely ridiculous.

from the jets site;

Tebow became available when the Broncos announced the signing of Peyton Manning on Tuesday. Among the teams reported to be interested in trading for the 6'3", 245-pounder from Florida, were the Jaguars, Packers and Dolphins. Miami dropped out just about the time some reporters were hearing that the Jets had a growing interest in bringing him back to the East Coast, onto Rex Ryan's team and into coordinator Tony Sparano's offense. At about 1 p.m. ET, the news broke.

The Jets have not announced the terms of the trade agreement. We'll bring you more here as it comes into our office.

How can I be so foolish. You really proved your point with this post. The fact that your entire argument has been based on absolutely nothing is irrelevant. You make claims that have no basis whatsoever, but since you don't like the points I've made, you ignore the past two years of history which completely contradicts your stance and is very much reflective of the issues I have with this move. But hey, at least you were sure to really drive home the point about what a stand up guy you're acting like, as we have yet another post of yours that wraps up with a full paragraph taking as many personal shots at me as humanly possible. You can feel free to go **** yourself any time now a$$hole.

The statements I made were based on what I've seen of Sporano and Tebow. I've explained this. I talked about the prospects of how Sporano might use Tebow. Talked about him being a huge part of our running game.

You talked about the negative PR fallout, Sanchez failing, Tebow as a backup, fan outrage, and a bunch of other negative scenarios.

You've done nothing but hurl personal attacks at me as well. I don't know what your actual problem is buddy, but you've lost site of the severity of the trade, and have digressed into acting like a frakking lunatic for no good reason. I haven't been trolling, I haven't been insulting, I've just been staying the course on my take on this move. You are the one losing your mind over it.

I check my notifications on the site, and its all you... you are badgering me and your posts are more insults than content. You tell me I'm an a$$hole because of mafia play and this, that and the other thing, tell me how I act when I do this, or that, but ignore that I was actually in a good and high spirits about this trade... and your content? Absolutely NO substance. Just attacks and conjecture.

I think the problem here is that you are a miserable prick. You saw this trade, couldn't possibly see how it goes, and had to come here, find the most positive sounding person on the site and try to make an example of me. Which you failed at. Which infuriated you further. Now you are just personally attacking me... and if I was as petty as you sound right now, I'd be crying to a mod.

Instead, I'll wait for you to start acting your age again. Then you can apologize.

The statements I made were based on what I've seen of Sporano and Tebow. I've explained this. I talked about the prospects of how Sporano might use Tebow. Talked about him being a huge part of our running game.

You talked about the negative PR fallout, Sanchez failing, Tebow as a backup, fan outrage, and a bunch of other negative scenarios.

You've done nothing but hurl personal attacks at me as well. I don't know what your actual problem is buddy, but you've lost site of the severity of the trade, and have digressed into acting like a frakking lunatic for no good reason. I haven't been trolling, I haven't been insulting, I've just been staying the course on my take on this move. You are the one losing your mind over it.

I check my notifications on the site, and its all you... you are badgering me and your posts are more insults than content. You tell me I'm an a$$hole because of mafia play and this, that and the other thing, tell me how I act when I do this, or that, but ignore that I was actually in a good and high spirits about this trade... and your content? Absolutely NO substance. Just attacks and conjecture.

I think the problem here is that you are a miserable prick. You saw this trade, couldn't possibly see how it goes, and had to come here, find the most positive sounding person on the site and try to make an example of me. Which you failed at. Which infuriated you further. Now you are just personally attacking me... and if I was as petty as you sound right now, I'd be crying to a mod.

Instead, I'll wait for you to start acting your age again. Then you can apologize.

Oh sweet irony. Paragraphs and paragraphs go by and you continue to do the exact opposite of what it is you claim. Despite your trying to say the opposite, it's your entire stance that is based on pure conjecture. There's no basis to say that using a player in a manner they haven't been used before will have any success, nor that the issues that have followed that player around for his career will suddenly disappear despite going to a significantly more volatile situation. You've provided nothing to support your stance because there is nothing. You don't have to agree with it, but my stance is based on what has actually taken place in this league over the past two years. I could certainly be wrong about how this all ends up, but that doesn't change that there is still a risk of it happening, which is my point more than anything else. The funny part is I've actually addressed the massive holes in your arguments and pointed out the major issues I have with it and this overall situation, yet you've chosen to ignore all of that, instead baselessly discounting it all because it doesn't fit into the neat little box of what you've decided is the only right opinion. But you know, at this point none of that even matters anymore, we're clearly never going to agree on this subject. It's your refusal to actually address any of the points made against the deal and instead trying to turn this into an unbelievably ironic moral debate that just goes to show how much the rest of this nonsense from you is a complete joke.

You sit here and try to act like the so-called bigger man while posting endless lines and lines that have no purpose but to take shots at me because I dare not submit to your claims of superiority. Was my initial reaction to this Tebow situation a bit extreme? Absolutely. But at this point, my issue is far more with you than anything else. I know you think oh so highly of yourself and think you can do no wrong, but the fact that you've spent post after post doing nothing but spewing sh*t while trying to shake your finger in my direction is a heaping load of crap. Get over yourself and realize that you're just as big of an a$$hole, if not bigger, than anyone else who posts on this board. You have no room to judge anyone, and sure as hell not with the garbage you've been posting in this thread. At this point the topic of debate doesn't even matter anymore, because regardless I'm not going to take this crap for a complete hypocrite who's the first person in line to start throwing shots the second something doesn't go his way. I assure you, I really had no interest in getting into this with you at all, but I'm also not going to sit here and get talked down to just because you find yourself inexplicably righteous.

The latest news on the deal, as per nfl.com

"The Jets’ trade for Tim Tebow might have hit a snag, league sources told NFL Network’s Michael Lombardi.

The Broncos are attempting to recoup $5 million paid out on Tebow’s original rookie contract, but money typically isn’t exchanged in this way in trades like this. No team would ever agree to a deal like this, because it would be too complicated, according to Lombardi.

But, according to NFL.com’s Jeff Darlington, Broncos sources contend there’s no reason for the Jets to be able to back away from their decision to trade for Tebow. The Jets agreed to the trade, even announcing it on their official Twitter page, a source said. It’s their problem — not the Broncos’ — that the Jets failed to review the language of Tebow’s contract before agreeing to the trade.

Several other teams, the sources contend, were unwilling to make the trade knowing they’d have to pay nearly $5 million to the Broncos, per the language of Tebow’s original contract. The fact that the Jets didn’t do this, a source says, isn’t the Broncos’ fault.

Though the Jets announced the trade, a league source told NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora that no trade papers were filed with the NFL on this deal, so there never was a fully valid trade.

Dialogue is ongoing between the Jets and Broncos, but from a legal standpoint, the trade never was registered with the NFL."

Archived