D'Brickashaw Impressed With Sanchez

flgreen

D’Brickashaw Ferguson impressed with Mark Sanchez so far

Posted by Darin Gantt on June 21, 2012, 2:33 PM EDT

439x-15.jpg?w=250 Reuters

Jets left tackle D’Brickashaw Ferguson admitted surprise that his team acquired Tim Tebow this offseason, but had kind words for quarterback Mark Sanchez, and left little doubt who was in charge.

Ferguson told WFAN’s Joe and Evan (via SportsRadioInterviews.com) that he was “taken aback” when they traded for Tebow.

“Like ‘Wow,’ nobody knew what to expect,” Ferguson said. “But I met with the man and he’s got a good head on his shoulders and he’s real passionate.

“I think we’ll have to wait and see until the season because not only will it be exciting to see what does happen, but it’s going to make a lot of other teams really have to second guess what we’ll be doing because we have the advantage of having great quarterbacks and now we have the opportunity to do what we want with what we have.”

Asked if minicamp felt like a normal starter-backup relationship, Ferguson described things as “very normal.”

“Mark was playing ball and Tebow had the opportunity to run with the No.2s,” he said. “I don’t feel that feeling of conflict was there during that period of time. I think that feeling is more outside in than inside out. I think right now we are in a good place.”

That place is clearly with Sanchez at the front of the line, as Ferguson said the incumbent quarterback has stood out.

“I think Mark is a great leader. I follow Mark,” he said. “Any guy who can play that quarterback role has to be strong and I think he demonstrates a lot of great qualities and there’s a lot of guys in that locker room.

“Sometimes young guys too have that natural leadership skill. I think it’s cool the fact that we’re in this position now where guys do have to step up whether it be myself or other guys who have been in the league because that is the only way this team is going to continue to grow.”

And while some aren’t impressed with either Jets passer, Ferguson’s saying all the right things at the moment, and that can only help once the season start and the real heat is applied.

So, nothing about his actual ability to play football though, right?

Let me check.....

That place is clearly with Sanchez at the front of the line, as Ferguson said the incumbent quarterback has stood out.

“I think Mark is a great leader. I follow Mark,” he said. “Any guy who can play that quarterback role has to be strong and I think he demonstrates a lot of great qualities and there’s a lot of guys in that locker room.

“Sometimes young guys too have that natural leadership skill. I think it’s cool the fact that we’re in this position now where guys do have to step up whether it be myself or other guys who have been in the league because that is the only way this team is going to continue to grow.”

Nope, nothing in there about throwing a football.

Mark's personality is what got him drafted top-5 in the first place (coupled with his ability to hit receivers with no defenders in a 5-10 yard radius), so no surprise there 3 years later. God I hate this organization.

Let me check.....

Nope, nothing in there about throwing a football.

Mark's personality is what got him drafted top-5 in the first place (coupled with his ability to hit receivers with no defenders in a 5-10 yard radius), so no surprise there 3 years later. God I hate this organization.

then you r even, they don't like u either

Amen. I could give a sh*t about him being passionate. Just stop turning the ball over and learn how to consistently throw downfield. Brick thinks he's passionate. Yippee.

To bad that the Jets don't have a QB who:

Has an excellent 2 to 1 TD/T-O Ratio.

Or one that has a 'down the field' passing game of 15.4 Yards per Completion.

Plus being an excellent and passionate team leader who is never out of line, on or off the field.

Career (including the 2 Playoff games)

P - 2,898 yds, 15.4 yds/comp, 19 TD's, 9 Ints, for a 2.11 to 1 TD/Int Ratio

R - 180 for 950 yds, 5.3 ypc, 13 TD's, 7 LPF's for a 1.84 TD/LPF Ratio

Total Offense - 580 Plays for 3,848 yds, 6.6 Yds/Play, 32 TD's, 16 Turnovers for an Overall 2.0 to 1 Ratio.

Opps, I guess that they do,,,, now. :love0040:

To bad that the Jets don't have a QB who:

Has an excellent 2 to 1 TD/T-O Ratio.

Or one that has a 'down the field' passing game of 15.4 Yards per Completion.

Plus being an excellent and passionate team leader who is never out of line, on or off the field.

Career (including the 2 Playoff games)

P - 2,898 yds, 15.4 yds/comp, 19 TD's, 9 Ints, for a 2.11 to 1 TD/Int Ratio

R - 180 for 950 yds, 5.3 ypc, 13 TD's, 7 LPF's for a 1.84 TD/LPF Ratio

Total Offense - 580 Plays for 3,848 yds, 6.6 Yds/Play, 32 TD's, 16 Turnovers for an Overall 2.0 to 1 Ratio.

Opps, I guess that they do,,,, now. :love0040:

• 3 weeks later...

D’Brickashaw Ferguson impressed with Mark Sanchez so far

Posted by Darin Gantt on June 21, 2012, 2:33 PM EDT

439x-15.jpg?w=250 Reuters

Jets left tackle D’Brickashaw Ferguson admitted surprise that his team acquired Tim Tebow this offseason, but had kind words for quarterback Mark Sanchez, and left little doubt who was in charge.

Ferguson told WFAN’s Joe and Evan (via SportsRadioInterviews.com) that he was “taken aback” when they traded for Tebow.

“Like ‘Wow,’ nobody knew what to expect,” Ferguson said. “But I met with the man and he’s got a good head on his shoulders and he’s real passionate.

“I think we’ll have to wait and see until the season because not only will it be exciting to see what does happen, but it’s going to make a lot of other teams really have to second guess what we’ll be doing because we have the advantage of having great quarterbacks and now we have the opportunity to do what we want with what we have.”

Asked if minicamp felt like a normal starter-backup relationship, Ferguson described things as “very normal.”

“Mark was playing ball and Tebow had the opportunity to run with the No.2s,” he said. “I don’t feel that feeling of conflict was there during that period of time. I think that feeling is more outside in than inside out. I think right now we are in a good place.”

And while some aren’t impressed with either Jets passer, Ferguson’s saying all the right things at the moment, and that can only help once the season start and the real heat is applied.

Wow I didn't know that the Jets were trying Sanchez out on the O line?

Amen. I could give a sh*t about him being passionate. Just stop turning the ball over and learn how to consistently throw downfield. Brick thinks he's passionate. Yippee.

I agree but it wouldn't hurt if he had someone getting open down field or people blocking long enough for that sort of thing to develope. Go watch the game film from Baltimore last season and it's easy to sit there and rip on Sanchez, but when you break down the combination of bad play calling(Schotty never adjusted to the fact Baltimore was blitzing and getting immediate pressure, never kept an extra guy in to block which I admittedly don't know if that is Sanchez/Schotty/ or Mangolds responsibility to call for) and horrible line play, he never really had a chance... I just mention that game because I was watching an ESPN special on the ravens 2011 season last night and recall the game well.

I agree but it wouldn't hurt if he had someone getting open down field or people blocking long enough for that sort of thing to develope. Go watch the game film from Baltimore last season and it's easy to sit there and rip on Sanchez, but when you break down the combination of bad play calling(Schotty never adjusted to the fact Baltimore was blitzing and getting immediate pressure, never kept an extra guy in to block which I admittedly don't know if that is Sanchez/Schotty/ or Mangolds responsibility to call for) and horrible line play, he never really had a chance... I just mention that game because I was watching an ESPN special on the ravens 2011 season last night and recall the game well.

Brian Schottenheimer and Wayne Hunter weren't double clutching on a jailbreak against Baltimore.

That's coaching. Clearly the Jets are the type of team that never would have practiced against a blitzing defense. Rex Ryan never blitzes his DBs ever.

Hater.

I'm willing to put the one where he laid down in the end zone like a vagina against the Giants solely on Pete Carroll if everyone else is willing to put the handoffs to Starks against Miami on Hunter.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived