Fight Club Mafia - May your ass be kicked

Pac

CTM won? Damn. Good job dude... I plopped a neon sign over your head before I died, no way should they have let you live so long hahahaha...

Oh well. I wasn't really tuned in D1 didn't pay attention to anything other than CTM and trying to kill him. On D2, in the 2 day span where I paid attention, I managed to identify everyone non-town plus a couple necessary innocents who would have died for the cause in my list of 6 peeps. I feel good about how well I scum hunted, considering I did it totally different than usual. I feel horrible about how I played my ACTUAL role though. Approached it completely wrong. Could have just hung around the fringe of play and milked my travel itinerary to stay out of the spotlight, instead I put myself front-and-center and got lynched solely because a JN town lynched the most talkative. sh*t is just too stressful for me to make a quality effort right now...

On a side-note, I think I mentioned this in the dead thread.... One day people will understand the scummy seeming players aren't usually scum, just townies WITHOUT the knowledge of what to avoid in the moment.

Good game, from what I paid attention to. Sorry my effort was mostly crap and not quality. At least my fights with CTM and JIF were somewhat funny I guess?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

zzzzzzz...

just waiting on gaype to come here and explain to everyone how he really was the reason I lasted and/or how stupid the town was and that he would've lynched me on day x

Hardly. Why be such a bitter homo all the time?

I certainly played like crap, but I still damn both of you, AVM and SMC. AVM for making me the last recruit to an already dying scum team and SMC for destroying my reign as JN's lone SK winner. You guys suck. :-P

Why do I have a feeling that, regardless of my alignment, CTM was sure to kill me off just because based on past experience he knows I wouldn't have trust him for sh*t at end game.

BG = 92 Dream Team, CTM = 2012 Team

This line from JVOR sums up how I feel about my play...

Ape is a pretty good scum hunter but he just spreads himself too thin with the foses and circular logic. No one wants to listen to him by that point.

I need to find a way to not undermine myself when I feel I've caught someone. It comes across as "selling".

BG = 92 Dream Team, CTM = 2012 Team

Do I get the Bronze for my SK play in The Office? LOL, I had double-digit kills in that game and in the end it wasn't winnable because there were too many objects still in play. There was no "right decision" for me to make to win, but I had everyone necessary 100% convinced I was town. :)

THAT is the type of effort I wish I could have given this game. :(

I was trying to ninja you, all i heard was about the dead thread being filled with ape poo, I figured it was directed at me..lol

Oh, no way... you played great. There's nothing really in the dead thread other than me saying I'm glad my anti-town role hunting shined because my actual SK play didn't, and I chastised the general town play across ALL of our games for their propensity to lynch "scummy" seeming townies while all the careful playing players are given a free ride. Careful and clean always = better lynch than clumsy player who only looks scummy in hindsight. Anyway, I got lynched for a clumsy and over-spammy effort, not for playing like scum. I posted too much and wasn't being careful in what I said. Scum doesn't do that. Scum is always measured in what they say. The premise of why I got lynched was an ACTUAL scum player (JIF) taking advantage of the folly of someone he thought was a townie... town got lucky that I was SK, and so did JIF, but the rationale for JIF's case and everyone to follow JIF's lead was miserably wrong. BAD town play.

I did? lol

Yeah? What? Crusher you and I were the only one's that seemed to see through JIF before my lynch... I guess me flipping SK vetted JIF to you? The logic that Scum wouldn't have known if I was SK or town never occurred to anyone?

Clumsy, spammy non-scum Ape is one of the easiest lynches to push... town played with their eyes closed this game. The connection between JIF and JVOR was plain and day too.

Smash coming out of under a rock to seal my fate emphatically didn't strike anyone as a self-preservation play? Come on.

Do I get the Bronze for my SK play in The Office? LOL, I had double-digit kills in that game and in the end it wasn't winnable because there were too many objects still in play. There was no "right decision" for me to make to win, but I had everyone necessary 100% convinced I was town. :)

THAT is the type of effort I wish I could have given this game. :(

You deserve the Tin after you made me a SK needing 6 kills to win and I could only kill during the day and the game didn't even last 6 day phases.

Oh, no way... you played great. There's nothing really in the dead thread other than me saying I'm glad my anti-town role hunting shined because my actual SK play didn't, and I chastised the general town play across ALL of our games for their propensity to lynch "scummy" seeming townies while all the careful playing players are given a free ride. Careful and clean always = better lynch than clumsy player who only looks scummy in hindsight. Anyway, I got lynched for a clumsy and over-spammy effort, not for playing like scum. I posted too much and wasn't being careful in what I said. Scum doesn't do that. Scum is always measured in what they say. The premise of why I got lynched was an ACTUAL scum player (JIF) taking advantage of the folly of someone he thought was a townie... town got lucky that I was SK, and so did JIF, but the rationale for JIF's case and everyone to follow JIF's lead was miserably wrong. BAD town play.

Yes, yes, we know. It's everyone else's fault when you play like an idiot. Such awful town play to lynch a SK.

ahem.... ;)

You deserve the Tin after you made me a SK needing 6 kills to win and I could only kill during the day and the game didn't even last 6 day phases.

Yeah, I screwed up the design of that role. It's gonna happen when you try to be an innovator... sorry.

Yes, yes, we know. It's everyone else's fault when you play like an idiot. Such awful town play to lynch a SK.

As usual, you don't get it.

JIF's case on me was that I had to be scum with how I was playing. JIF was scum. I was not. He was pushing a completely hollow case because I was being careless. Scum doesn't play careless. So, instead of people holding him accountable for his empty case that he REFUSED to stick up for, or explain, or provide examples to support... and instead of people questioning the motives behind why a player would push so hard on a case he couldn't support against a player being sloppy... you all chose to follow.

I've purposely played sloppy like that before. To telegraph that I am town, and don't know any better, and to keep myself safe from NK as a power role. I, and nobody else, would ever be that sloppy and pitiful as scum. Nobody.

Like I said, you all got lucky I was SK.

In the future, rather than fumbling over yourselves to follow the lead of someone that refuses to back-up a hard-charging case, think about the full context of what is going on. I called JIF out as scum early this game, he took advantage of my sloppiness to create a JIF vs. Ape town must pick one... and I lost. I lost because I tried harder to live. He just backed off and let me lynch myself...

It's no big deal, it's just a paradigm I see repeat itself often.

And before anyone else responds with an over-reaction to my posts as though I'm boasting or saying I know it all or whatever... understand I'm trying to talk constructively about patterns I see repeat themselves in mafia, not beating my chest or whatever, just talking about game mechanics and situational analysis.

Like when I blew that endgame to Dan because she acted the most townie, and it ended up being her epic scum win. Since then, I've not made that mistake again, not in an endgame or at any other time when trying to decide between 2 people. Like the time I did the head fake between JC and Christine on that D1. Or the time I had to choose between CTM and someone else in a DM game... the scummier "seeming" player always seems to turn up as the townie at the end of the day. I dunno... it's a rule I have been playing by for a while now.

As usual, you don't get it.

JIF's case on me was that I had to be scum with how I was playing. JIF was scum. I was not. He was pushing a completely hollow case because I was being careless. Scum doesn't play careless. So, instead of people holding him accountable for his empty case that he REFUSED to stick up for, or explain, or provide examples to support... and instead of people questioning the motives behind why a player would push so hard on a case he couldn't support against a player being sloppy... you all chose to follow.

I've purposely played sloppy like that before. To telegraph that I am town, and don't know any better, and to keep myself safe from NK as a power role. I, and nobody else, would ever be that sloppy and pitiful as scum. Nobody.

Like I said, you all got lucky I was SK.

In the future, rather than fumbling over yourselves to follow the lead of someone that refuses to back-up a hard-charging case, think about the full context of what is going on. I called JIF out as scum early this game, he took advantage of my sloppiness to create a JIF vs. Ape town must pick one... and I lost. I lost because I tried harder to live. He just backed off and let me lynch myself...

It's no big deal, it's just a paradigm I see repeat itself often.

No, I got it, I just don't agree with you. The bottom line is you weren't town aligned, so the whole "not scum" point is simply splitting hairs. You were playing that way and you were the enemy, so that doesn't say much for your point. While you bring up the lack of support JiF had for his case, you also seem to ignore the idea that the very first point brought up against you was how baseless your case against CTM was and how blinded you were by it, and it's been made rather apparent by the game setup that was actually spot on.

I won't disagree that JiF let you lynch yourself, but that often has as much to do with the individual players in question than their actual alignment. I just can't take anyone serious in these games when they feel the need to blame everyone else for their lynching, particularly when it's a matter of telling everyone how wrong they were when they took out one of the town's enemies (regardless of it's scum or third party). We all have our bad games (I'll certainly admit I did), but that's nobody else's fault.

Although just to be clear, I really was originally just busting your balls.

Yeah? What? Crusher you and I were the only one's that seemed to see through JIF before my lynch... I guess me flipping SK vetted JIF to you? The logic that Scum wouldn't have known if I was SK or town never occurred to anyone?

Clumsy, spammy non-scum Ape is one of the easiest lynches to push... town played with their eyes closed this game. The connection between JIF and JVOR was plain and day too.

Smash coming out of under a rock to seal my fate emphatically didn't strike anyone as a self-preservation play? Come on.

Pretty sure JiF was high on my suspect list...unfortunately, he was after Verbal...your play was suspicious from the git go.

And before anyone else responds with an over-reaction to my posts as though I'm boasting or saying I know it all or whatever... understand I'm trying to talk constructively about patterns I see repeat themselves in mafia, not beating my chest or whatever, just talking about game mechanics and situational analysis.

Like when I blew that endgame to Dan because she acted the most townie, and it ended up being her epic scum win. Since then, I've not made that mistake again, not in an endgame or at any other time when trying to decide between 2 people. Like the time I did the head fake between JC and Christine on that D1. Or the time I had to choose between CTM and someone else in a DM game... the scummier "seeming" player always seems to turn up as the townie at the end of the day. I dunno... it's a rule I have been playing by for a while now.

I understand what you're saying but I think you and I are similar in that we've positioned ourselves as "fun" lynches. It doesn't really matter how I play. If I'm not NK'd early on I'm lynched for the lol's.

Part of it is that I'm simply too good to leave alive.. If I'm town, scum lets their abject fear take over and kills me early on instead of going mano a mano. I don't blame them for being afraid, but if it was me I'd want to go toe to toe with the best.

I understand what you're saying but I think you and I are similar in that we've positioned ourselves as "fun" lynches. It doesn't really matter how I play. If I'm not NK'd early on I'm lynched for the lol's.

Part of it is that I'm simply too good to leave alive.. If I'm town, scum lets their abject fear take over and kills me early on instead of going mano a mano. I don't blame them for being afraid, but if it was me I'd want to go toe to toe with the best.

The sad thing is that I really think pac and gaype believe the latter part..

And the reality is that we all go through phases where we get lynched a lot, Jf80 is run up every day 1.. usually Nolder, Lilly always.. Those are the guys that have it tough... Heck we just lynched sharrow on day 1 primarily for dominating town play the previous game. I'm sure I'll be an early lynch next time out just like I was all the time back when i strung together a few decent scum games.

No, I got it, I just don't agree with you. The bottom line is you weren't town aligned, so the whole "not scum" point is simply splitting hairs. You were playing that way and you were the enemy, so that doesn't say much for your point. While you bring up the lack of support JiF had for his case, you also seem to ignore the idea that the very first point brought up against you was how baseless your case against CTM was and how blinded you were by it, and it's been made rather apparent by the game setup that was actually spot on.

I won't disagree that JiF let you lynch yourself, but that often has as much to do with the individual players in question than their actual alignment. I just can't take anyone serious in these games when they feel the need to blame everyone else for their lynching, particularly when it's a matter of telling everyone how wrong they were when they took out one of the town's enemies (regardless of it's scum or third party). We all have our bad games (I'll certainly admit I did), but that's nobody else's fault.

Although just to be clear, I really was originally just busting your balls.

What I'm saying is that if I had to choose between someone tangled up in their own messy play and someone taking advantage of it, I'd choose the latter. I've seen people let off the hook for being messy plenty of times. I think it's got more to do with identity politics than anything. If Christine or Leelou do something scummy or messy, someone like CTM will jump in and write it off... if I do something scummy or messy, I'm a dead man walking. Even though I'm less scummy as scum, that doesn't matter... it's fun to lynch me, and given that I'm one of the best scum hunters in the game right now, necessary to look at those trying to take me out with no premise early.

All that said, when I flipped SK, town should have viewed that as a win, BUT they should have also thought - SK appears like a townie to scum, since Ape was a calamity this game and made himself an easy lynch target, who of those that pushed his lynch earliest and hardest did so without any premise other than Ape is playing sloppy.... JVOR and JIF, when Ape revealed as anti-SK role who stepped up and made a hard push to eliminate him? Smash.

I dunno. Maybe its something I see that others don't. A couple games ago I swore AVM was scum, and pushed for his lynch, he flipped SK, which allowed me to look at who was supporting my campaign against AVM (since to scum Ape vs. AVM looked like a townie vs. townie). From that, I was able to hone in on ACTUAL scum an catch them, yes.

The sad thing is that I really think pac and gaype believe the latter part..

And the reality is that we all go through phases where we get lynched a lot, Jf80 is run up every day 1.. usually Nolder, Lilly always.. Those are the guys that have it tough... Heck we just lynched sharrow on day 1 primarily for dominating town play the previous game. I'm sure I'll be an early lynch next time out just like I was all the time back when i strung together a few decent scum games.

Pac and I are the best scum hunters in mafia. Period.

We need a nickname... like Cheech & Kong.

Should start a Mafia Awards thread:

Best Scum Hunter in the game: Pac

Best as Scum: Dan X

Best play of the year: Pac claiming he was quitting as cop to bait scum into wasting a shot on him in Transformers.

Worst overall player in the game: 80

Worst claim of the year: DPR in Star Wars 1

Bastard. You played the counter well, and I think just coming back and being "rusty" (you weren't, btw) helped you even more. Got me lynched. Bastard

Most fun i had all game was getting you lynched before me :) You played it fine, it really could've gone either way.

I was jumpy as hell though this game. You've all gotten so much better that it's hard to fool you guys.

Best scumhunters in reality ... Sharrow, Dan, jvor , jc

Best scumhunters in delusionalville ... Gaype, pacmule and jif

Best scum in reality ... Vic, everyone else besides jc and jif

Best scum in delusionalville ... Gaype and pacmule

How about delusional twins, we'll keep cheech and Kong however

Archived