Five Players You Can't Wait to See Play This Season

nj meadowlands

1. David Wilson, RB, Giants--Supposedly he's shown sick speed and quickness in minicamp. If he's the goods, that Giant offense is unstoppable.

2. Jeremy Kerley, WR, Jets--If there's one guy who can break out in this offense, it might be Kerley in the slot, running the routes that Davine Bess ran in Miami. Mark seemed to like throwing to him last year.

3. Trent Richardson, RB, Browns--I'm skeptical a back of his size, who runs as physically as he does, will last long in the NFL, but it should be fun while it lasts.

4. Peyton Manning, QB, Broncos--I'm almost rooting for him to kick ass if only to watch Jim Irsay look like a bigger buffoon than he already is.

5. Wilkerson/Coples, DE's, Jets--If they can motivate each other, we could potentially have our own mini-version of Tuck and Pierre-Paul. Or, Coples could be the malingerer that everybody said he was. Should be interesting to watch.

Revis because this is the year he is really going to show the world who the best cornerback in the league is

Sanchez - for one because he is the hottest hunk ever and this is the year we see him really take charge

Pouha - cause I loves screaming his name every time he makes a tackle

Joe McKnight - playing like a Jet is going to all be about the ground and pound - and I think he is going to have a breakout season

and last but not least. . my favorite time of the game. .. . . Tone Time.... time for Santonio to shut the media up !

my list

Jerricho Cotchery as a healthy fit in Pittsburgh (remember he had that TD in the playoffs last year)

Victor Cruz (sophmore slump or legit star?)

Peyton Manning (best QB ever)

Eli Manning (second best QB ever)

Tim Tebow (third best QB ever....j/k)

1. Joe McKnight - hopefully he can step up big time

2. Demario Davis/ Bart Scott - wanna see how long it take for davis to beat him out

3. Stephen Hill - one of the best talents on the team

4. Aaron Maybin - put on some weight can he take more snaps away from pace n thomas

5. Whoever can fill the role of Marquice Cole

PLEASE explain to me how being a "hot hunk" helps in ANY way, shape or form?

no? okay glad we're on the same page now.

Perhaps the plethora of gay players on the Patriots might get all starry eyed and not try to tackle him? Are we on the same page now - ya big homo?

Of course I kid about the "big homo" part - I'm only referring to your avatar. Family Guy, no?

i'm very saddened you would choose to call me a big homo

but i like your avatar (i have a siamese cat) so i'll give you a pass

For whatever reason. Morbid, true excitement, or otherwise.

Mine:

1. LaRon Landry

2. Quinton Coples

3. Stephen Hill

4. Bart Scott

5. Mark Sanchez

Jet players:

Landry

Hill

Wilkerson

Couples

Demario Davis

NFL

Alshon Jeffery (Chicago Rookie WR) Im super stoked about this kid.

Jason Pierre Paul: Fantastic player to be that young. He makes watching Giants football bearable lol.

Cam Newton: Sophomore slump??? Doubt it.

RG3

Andy Dalton: He's good money.

1. Hill

2. Sanchez

3. Maybin

4. Coples

5. Davis

I like this list!

A couple of honorable mentions because of the training camp battle intrigue, and because of the huge impact they could have to the team if healthy.

1. Hayden Smith

2. Josh Brown

3. Leron Landry

4. Jeff Otah

5. Chaz Schillens

This years draft class all the way to the 7th rd. I am seriously excited to see the whole lot of them.

Sanchez

Tebow

Scott

Maybin

Wilk

Sapp

I kow that's more than I was supposed to write,but who cares? :D

Ok, so I'm going to cheat here but I don't really give a crap.

#1. The DL - yes, the entire unit. I cannot ever remember being this pumped for an entire unit of a Jets team. Easily the strongest and deepest group on the entire team. I thought they were already a woefully underrated bunch prior to Coples, and now feel only better about it. Pouha is an absolute rock at NT, Wilkerson was already looking great by the end of last season and Coples has an insane amount of ability. Even looking at the depth, you've got DeVito and Dixon who have more than proven their worth and Ellis who was some serious potential.

#2. Sanchez - this is the year that he either sinks or swims, and I'm really hoping it's the latter, but we need to find out either way.

#3. Hill - Has everything you look for in a WR as far as his skillset goes, now it's all a matter if he can consistently put it together on the field. If so, he has some insane ability.

#4. Davis - The Jets are clearly really high on this kid and it sounds like he's going to be the first one off the bench this year at LB. Not to mention, when you consider the Jets likelihood to be having more 4-3 looks, there's a good chance he'll be playing some OLB in those situations with Pace and Thomas not exactly meant for that type of OLB role.

#5. Bush - The Jets have brought in lots of players at safety, but given the age / health issues of the FAs, Bush seems the one with the most likely long-term potential and upside. He's been getting some pretty good reviews so far for a 6th round pick, so hopefully he can earn himself a place in the rotation and help the Jets come up with a more permanent solution for this ongoing problem.

Archived