JAWS MAFIA - Game Thread

DPR

I'm not going to bring up what set me off until end game. It is outside the spirit of the game.

Well I suggest you scroll back a few pages and read EPs highly suspect reaction to JC's death coupled with faux confusion. Pretty blatant as far as I can tell.

I don't think you're dirty because your offer of martyrdom doesn't make sense as scum or 3rd party. You have an official town read from me -- which may as well be an investigation result.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So down!!! *whips out knives from ankle straps, grabs a snorkle and some fins, jumps in water, goes hunting for a big fish*

I almost feel bad for those sharks.

*jumps out of water* sorry too dark and cold. And something touched my leg. No thanks.

:rl:

Well I suggest you scroll back a few pages and read EPs highly suspect reaction to JC's death coupled with faux confusion. Pretty blatant as far as I can tell.

I don't think you're dirty because your offer of martyrdom doesn't make sense as scum or 3rd party. You have an official town read from me -- which may as well be an investigation result.

None of the reactionary dialogue was lost on me.

Like I said, if you guys reach an impasse tomorrow and need to lynch me to remove any doubts about my intentions, got for it. Honestly, I just didn't want the town investigative roles targeting me tonight because it seems like a given that in a game with 27 people there'd be a scum watcher, and it's bad enough I led to the loss of the Doc. I don't want me getting viewed to lead to the Cop or any investigative roles, being id'ed by scum.

Man, I was really thinking the Ape might be the Shark, but now I'm thinking its probably some DM fag. I'm inclined to believe that emo, remoresful Ape is telling the truth here. I don't think we should mercy lynch him like he asks though; he's just a pathetic, useless animal right now.

Man, I was really thinking the Ape might be the Shark, but now I'm thinking its probably some DM fag. I'm inclined to believe that emo, remoresful Ape is telling the truth here. I don't think we should mercy lynch him like he asks though; he's just a pathetic, useless animal right now.

Dunno... I wouldn't think Gaype would pull the emo card to stave of pressure as scum, seems questionable in terms of gamesmenship.. but also didn't think he'd rollover and die this easily ever, i've seen him borderline emo, but nothing to this extent.... plus now that nitwit paco is declaring him town, which doesn't bode well..

Honestly don't know what to make of Ape now

What the **** happened? I don't check for one day and thisspam sh*tstorm appears?

Maybe someone else pointed this out and I skimmed over it (never read gaype posts after he emos), but here is an observation...

This is DPR. Likely, everyone has a role of some sort. I doubt anyone is roleles. There are likely multiples of each slot. This is, after all, DPR. Claiming you have a role doesn't mean sh*t to me. State the role, or gfy.

As for Ape, weren't you asking which DMer would emo first? Pretty sure it was you.

My vote will be on JiF in the am until I get a legit claim. None of this "I have a pr" bullsh*t, when everyone likely has something.

Dunno... I wouldn't think Gaype would pull the emo card to stave of pressure as scum, seems questionable in terms of gamesmenship.. but also didn't think he'd rollover and die this easily ever, i've seen him borderline emo, but nothing to this extent.... plus now that nitwit paco is declaring him town, which doesn't bode well..

You are something else.

1.) I'm not being emo.

2.) I recognize the situation I've created with my play, and realize that the whole town will crater on ME for as long as I'm alive. I'm not worth much to the town, so I'm volunteering for lynch tomorrow.

I've long-since outgrown the selfish desire to survive at all cost in these games. I've had games where my sole objective is to draw the NK because I'm vanilla, and gone out early in a similar capacity to what I'm suggesting now. I can't do it every time I'm vanilla, because then it'll become obvious when I have a role.

This is an instance where my scum hunting isn't helpful, and my role insignificant. So I'm a safe lynch. That's all I'm saying.

Game this big, you'd be the first one I expect to understand that it won't get figured out until there are bodies piling up. If you get JC's alignment, and mine, you can re-visit D1 and the Wombat, JIF, Jetscode trains and how they ran, stalled, when people revealed, why, what they revealed, who nudged momentum and where, etc.

Much more informative with my alignment out in the open. I dont' want ME to be the reason more power roles are outed / killed. So use the night actions elsehwhere and lynch me.

What the **** happened? I don't check for one day and thisspam sh*tstorm appears?

Maybe someone else pointed this out and I skimmed over it (never read gaype posts after he emos), but here is an observation...

This is DPR. Likely, everyone has a role of some sort. I doubt anyone is roleles. There are likely multiples of each slot. This is, after all, DPR. Claiming you have a role doesn't mean sh*t to me. State the role, or gfy.

As for Ape, weren't you asking which DMer would emo first? Pretty sure it was you.

My vote will be on JiF in the am until I get a legit claim. None of this "I have a pr" bullsh*t, when everyone likely has something.

Um no, I commented on DMers talking about naps and stuff. That's it. Don't put words in my mouth.

Also, what do you mean "none of this PR" bullsh*t? Who said they have a PR? What are you talking about?

Um no, I commented on DMers talking about naps and stuff. That's it. Don't put words in my mouth.

Also, what do you mean "none of this PR" bullsh*t? Who said they have a PR? What are you talking about?

Fml pr means post restriction here, doesn't it? I meant power role.

I'd find it hard to believe EVERYONE is roled up in a game of 27. Are you saying Ape is lying by stating he's roleless, or are you JUST saying that JiF needs to fully reveal?

I'm not definitivly declaring him town.. I've just run a few simianulations of my own and have determined that him making his plea for martyrdom doesn't make sense as scum or 3rd party. I could be wrong but I'm not usually wrong.

I'm not definitivly declaring him town.. I've just run a few simianulations of my own and have determined that him making his plea for martyrdom doesn't make sense as scum or 3rd party.

Yeah, it really doesn't. Ape is a strong believer in "integrity of the game" stuff like that. Asking to be killed off, partly because of RL reasons, wouldn't sit well with any of us if it turned out he was scum/SK.

Before you start counting sheep would you care to add anything game related?

I've played with Ape once or twice on DM and the meltdown is very out of character for him. I know I don't know him as well as you guys do, but it's something I would never expect to see based on the, admittedly very little, I know of him. The few times I played with him, and in a game he modded, he struck me as uber-competitive. Throwing in the towel is just the last thing I ever expected to see. Legit or not? Dunno. If it is, hope everything works out. If not, kinda messed up. But as I said, I don't know him like y'all do.

Also, agree with Chrissy concerning JiF. The uncertainty surrounding a half ass reveal is a distraction and keeps us focused on an issue that could easily be cleared up to let us move on to other things. Not calling for a reveal at night, but in the morning.

I'd find it hard to believe EVERYONE is roled up in a game of 27. Are you saying Ape is lying by stating he's roleless, or are you JUST saying that JiF needs to fully reveal?

Both. So, Ape is either scum or SK, and doesn't know what to reveal to keep from doubling. And JiF can't just skirt around. He needs to ****in claim, or sit in his bitch corner.

Everyone has a power role but you're going to stand put on me until a full reveal?

Yeah, that makes sense...if you're scum.

Just a thought - all these newbies who have literally not contributed a single F'ing thing...probably need to get some pressure tomorrow. Way too easy in a game this big for them to hide with the occasional - "OMG, so much spam, I read up, dont have an opinion, nap time" to actually get a read on any of these dork burgers.

Especially when you have a guy like Gaype playing who makes every little post into a 5 pages debate that yields absolutely nothing positive.

I've played with Ape once or twice on DM and the meltdown is very out of character for him. I know I don't know him as well as you guys do, but it's something I would never expect to see based on the, admittedly very little, I know of him. The few times I played with him, and in a game he modded, he struck me as uber-competitive. Throwing in the towel is just the last thing I ever expected to see. Legit or not? Dunno. If it is, hope everything works out. If not, kinda messed up. But as I said, I don't know him like y'all do.

Also, agree with Chrissy concerning JiF. The uncertainty surrounding a half ass reveal is a distraction and keeps us focused on an issue that could easily be cleared up to let us move on to other things. Not calling for a reveal at night, but in the morning.

I don't lie about real life distractions.

I'll lie about damn near anything else in mafia, but not real life.

I got a little butthurt yesterday about something we can discuss at end game. No biggie. Keep the game in focus.

Real life aside, if I'm in the game I'm in. I'll play it out, no doubt about that. That said, I think the most pro-town thing I can offer up at this time is a scenario where the investigative roles don't target me, you lynch me tomorrow and then the investigative roles get another round of views.

It removes a big wifom. Me.

It gives investigative roles 2 night phases worth of viewing before there is any chance they are outed during a lynch run-up.

It makes sense, to me. And if the shark or scum doesn't like the idea and want to increase the odds of a cop outing / lynch, then let them kill me and force your lynch in another direction. Plain and simple. Logical.

I'm not definitivly declaring him town.. I've just run a few simianulations of my own and have determined that him making his plea for martyrdom doesn't make sense as scum or 3rd party. I could be wrong but I'm not usually wrong.

wrong is exactly what you usually are, with any luck we can send you over the deep end this game too and both out you sh*tstains can come back with a little more humility

Probably the funniest post I've read in a long long time...<3 u gaype.

I don't consider owning up to horrible play, and trying to logically take one for the town, being emo.

Some people, no matter how much they suck will tell you how awesome they are. Batman. I've chosen not to go that route this game.

Yeah, it really doesn't. Ape is a strong believer in "integrity of the game" stuff like that. Asking to be killed off, partly because of RL reasons, wouldn't sit well with any of us if it turned out he was scum/SK.

Can;t wait for the ape telling us it was him expanding his ever growing game play to include emo outbursts and deception. Just wait till the next games dead thread when he starts commenting how the play should have been to threat quitting and fake an aneurysm. Something to look forward to.

I don't consider owning up to horrible play, and trying to logically take one for the town, being emo.

Some people, no matter how much they suck will tell you how awesome they are. Batman. I've chosen not to go that route this game.

I prefer to be awesome and tell be people how much I suck. Wait what..?

Archived