JAWS MAFIA - Game Thread

DPR

When Jetscode does catch me as scum. He carries on about my scum tell and my propensity for narrative-led lynches.

It's possible I could be wrong about him. However, my case is sound he's not doing anything he normally does that tells me he's town, and I can usually tell in about 4-5 posts with him, and he's doing everything he normally does when he is scum and I am not. Which is hiding from me and trying to oust me early, and then when he pings me he OMGUS cases me with false-confidence of me being scum, but then his counter-case on me never hinges on the tells he knows about when I actually am scum.

He's full of sh*t.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lurking?

I just logged on today for the first time. I'm sitting here watching the putrid highlights from last nights game, and just came in here. Pathetic accusation.

Also, I'm not scum or third party. I am town.

So your stupid "way you have to engage me" comment is not only baseless, but also quite pathetic. Actually this post makes me about 99% confident in my read on you. When you are town and I wrongly case you, you get more cryptic and wait for me to come around.

When you are scum and I read you correct, you flail at using meta (like I've pointed out already) and try the insult route and it doesn't work. The last time you referenced it as political capital in the post-game or something like that, when you started flinging bullsh*t lies to save your neck. This resonates in a similar capacity.

Most likely scum but if you are not, your new style sucks and counter productive...the minimalist approach does not work for you...I will vote you early and often until you increase your value to town.

The game was definitely something last night.

Most likely scum but if you are not, your new style sucks and counter productive...the minimalist approach does not work for you...I will vote you early and often until you increase your value to town.

The game was definitely something last night.

What a crock of sh*t.

When Jetscode does catch me as scum. He carries on about my scum tell and my propensity for narrative-led lynches.

It's possible I could be wrong about him. However, my case is sound he's not doing anything he normally does that tells me he's town, and I can usually tell in about 4-5 posts with him, and he's doing everything he normally does when he is scum and I am not. Which is hiding from me and trying to oust me early, and then when he pings me he OMGUS cases me with false-confidence of me being scum, but then his counter-case on me never hinges on the tells he knows about when I actually am scum.

He's full of sh*t.

You are trying to hard to discredit my reads on you. Kind of irrelevant to this game, no? To stay in the past, is fool hardy.

Hiding...Yo dipsh*t...I started this engagement with a silent vote on you to get your reaction and lo and behold I got a reaction.

Now you are spinning and it will not end well for you.

He's full of sh*t.

OMG!! It's a freaking guessing game. Stop trying to influence people and let them go read the post in question. Stop trying to SELL your silly hypothetical view on things, it's not helpful. His post wreaked of a symp. Enough to kill him day 1.

You are trying to hard to discredit my reads on you. Kind of irrelevant to this game, no? To stay in the past, is fool hardy.

Hiding...Yo dipsh*t...I started this engagement with a silent vote on you to get your reaction and lo and behold I got a reaction.

Now you are spinning and it will not end well for you.

You brought up the past by discussing old ape vs. new ape. To which I illustrated your contradiction, which you haven't even tried to clarify. Instead now you are admonishing meta, or past reads, or anything out of the history of how we've played head-to-head reading each other. Transparent attempt to rule out the credibility of my tell reads.

You actually didn't start this engagement. You hopped on my train and didn't explain why. I asked why, and you avoided answer and moved your vote to Nolder instead. Funny you bring up spin, but are the first one guilty of doing it. Isn't that always the case with you though when you're scum... you do something, then accuse me of doing what you are doing. Then make me prove you did it and not me. Creating a circular debate about who did it first, which ultimately creates the spam necessary for you to sneak out of the situation.

100% lock you are scum at this point. The bold is the final tell I'd been waiting to see btw.

OMG!! It's a freaking guessing game. Stop trying to influence people and let them go read the post in question. Stop trying to SELL your silly hypothetical view on things, it's not helpful. His post wreaked of a symp. Enough to kill him day 1.

Bigtime. Mock outrage. ^^^^

I'm doing nothing but perpetuating the dialogue necessary to elicit his other tells, as I just pointed out.

I'm not selling sh*t. Interpretation is yours to own.

I've got 2 legit reads: JIF and Jetscode. I'm 100% sure about JC. I'm about 60% about JIF. This post from Crusher is a mild ping, worthy of an FOS.

He's full of sh*t.

The more I read this the easier it gets...

1. "When Jetscode does catch me as scum. He carries on about my scum tell and my propensity for narrative-led lynches."

The Ape talks about how I caught him in the past but now I'm not using that method so he must be town and I'm scum. Laughable.

2. "It's possible I could be wrong about him."

Qualifies his statement because he knows I will flip town.

3. "However, my case is sound he's not doing anything he normally does that tells me he's town, and I can usually tell in about 4-5 posts with him, and he's doing everything he normally does when he is scum and I am not."

Is the Ape the only player on this site who shows any versatility in his game play? So I have not conformed to his expectations. Wow! Really?

4. "Which is hiding from me and trying to oust me early, and then when he pings me he OMGUS cases me with false-confidence of me being scum, but then his counter-case on me never hinges on the tells he knows about when I actually am scum."

Hiding from you. Yo Disphit. Best commentary yet. Again, I could have easily just followed the Ape and avoided all of this especially with the weekend followed by a deadline. Instead I chose to rattle your cage with a vote without reasoning. Why? Because I didn't like the other case but especially because wanted to gauge you reaction or shall I say over reaction.

So there you have it town. I anxiously await your judgment.

You brought up the past by discussing old ape vs. new ape. To which I illustrated your contradiction, which you haven't even tried to clarify. Instead now you are admonishing meta, or past reads, or anything out of the history of how we've played head-to-head reading each other. Transparent attempt to rule out the credibility of my tell reads.

You actually didn't start this engagement. You hopped on my train and didn't explain why. I asked why, and you avoided answer and moved your vote to Nolder instead. Funny you bring up spin, but are the first one guilty of doing it. Isn't that always the case with you though when you're scum... you do something, then accuse me of doing what you are doing. Then make me prove you did it and not me. Creating a circular debate about who did it first, which ultimately creates the spam necessary for you to sneak out of the situation.

100% lock you are scum at this point. The bold is the final tell I'd been waiting to see btw.

I'm beginning to think CTM is right.

Unvote, Vote Ape

Bigtime. Mock outrage. ^^^^

I'm doing nothing but perpetuating the dialogue necessary to elicit his other tells, as I just pointed out.

I'm not selling sh*t. Interpretation is yours to own.

I've got 2 legit reads: JIF and Jetscode. I'm 100% sure about JC. I'm about 60% about JIF. This post from Crusher is a mild ping, worthy of an FOS.

No you got two legit GUESSES. Thats all they are GUESSES. No matter how you try to sell your technique or new style or whatever they are ****ing GUESSES. So make your GUESS, support your GUESS than shut the **** up and observe the game. I love your style cause it makes the game more exciting but at the time you go from GUESSING to convincing yourselg your GUESS is right and no matter what the person you accuse says you find away to make it seem like your GUESS is right. Thats all. No mock outrage at all. Just facts.

I'm beginning to think CTM is right.

Unvote, Vote Ape

See thats the thing with Ape. I honestly have a big fat arrogant ape of a town read on him. Yet if someone threw a harpoon thru his head I would struggle to care.

Your post wreaked symp. Whay make it? Or just ****ing around? I read it five times and every time it just screams "HERE I AM. YES IM TALKING TO YOU".

See thats the thing with Ape. I honestly have a big fat arrogant ape of a town read on him. Yet if someone threw a harpoon thru his head I would struggle to care.

Your post wreaked symp. Whay make it? Or just ****ing around? I read it five times and every time it just screams "HERE I AM. YES IM TALKING TO YOU".

Dumb on my part. I really don't take early Day 1 serious and was trying to be funny. Didn't even realize I was symp hinting...never been a symp and really it never entered my mind. Once it was done...no real way to combat it...can argue it till I'm blue in the face...but realize people already have an idea in their mind...at that point just figured the best town play was to force the action because I didn't like the trains on Wombat or JiF.

The more I read this the easier it gets...

1. "When Jetscode does catch me as scum. He carries on about my scum tell and my propensity for narrative-led lynches."

The Ape talks about how I caught him in the past but now I'm not using that method so he must be town and I'm scum. Laughable.

2. "It's possible I could be wrong about him."

Qualifies his statement because he knows I will flip town.

3. "However, my case is sound he's not doing anything he normally does that tells me he's town, and I can usually tell in about 4-5 posts with him, and he's doing everything he normally does when he is scum and I am not."

Is the Ape the only player on this site who shows any versatility in his game play? So I have not conformed to his expectations. Wow! Really?

4. "Which is hiding from me and trying to oust me early, and then when he pings me he OMGUS cases me with false-confidence of me being scum, but then his counter-case on me never hinges on the tells he knows about when I actually am scum."

Hiding from you. Yo Disphit. Best commentary yet. Again, I could have easily just followed the Ape and avoided all of this especially with the weekend followed by a deadline. Instead I chose to rattle your cage with a vote without reasoning. Why? Because I didn't like the other case but especially because wanted to gauge you reaction or shall I say over reaction.

So there you have it town. I anxiously await your judgment.

Spinning = you.

You are re-telling the story of what you did so far this game did and why. I've cased you on tells I know you have as scum. No narrative from me, which is the top tell you've caught me on in the past when I am scum.

Regarding the red, in a past game I was town and dropped my scum tells (that you told me about) in the game thread to test YOU specifically. You ignored those scum tells. I cased you on the premise of you being scum because you weren't looking for my scum tells. I was 100% right on. In your defense that game, you did EXACTLY what you are doing now. You aren't referencing my tells, you are OMGUS'ing, spinning and putting it to the town to "choose".

100% sure of this. LOL

No you got two legit GUESSES. Thats all they are GUESSES. No matter how you try to sell your technique or new style or whatever they are ****ing GUESSES. So make your GUESS, support your GUESS than shut the **** up and observe the game. I love your style cause it makes the game more exciting but at the time you go from GUESSING to convincing yourselg your GUESS is right and no matter what the person you accuse says you find away to make it seem like your GUESS is right. Thats all. No mock outrage at all. Just facts.

What is this ****ing sh*t? You want to derail my case on Jetscode by debating guess vs. cases?

It is mock outrage, and it is an attempt to distract me at a time when I'm playing a cool-headed, precise style of game. You want to kick up my temper and get me arguing. Not biting.

Alright, I'm out. You guys can read and react. I don't like what Crusher's doing trying to suck me into a situation where I'm debating semantics and burying my case under spammy argumentative sh*t.

I'll be back later to catch up on the flailing.

Current Vote Count:

Christine ( 1 ) - Vic

Phoenix ( 1 ) - Leelou

JiF ( 4 ) - Phoenix, Wombat, Smash, Ishy

Wombat ( 5 ) - JiF, BG, SMC, Tina, Shinori

Ape ( 3 ) - CTM, Lily, JC

Lily ( 1 ) - Verb

Migsi ( 1 ) - AVM

Pac ( 2 ) - Christine, 80

Smash ( 1 ) - Migsi

JC ( 6 ) - Ape, JVoR, Hess, Crush, Nolder, Sharrow

With 26 players, it takes 14 to lynch

@ Quints:

Smash - vest

JiF - vest

CTM - Vest

Vic - harpoon

BG - harpoon

Leelou - Vest

Crush - Vest

JVoR - vest

Pac - vest

80 - harpoon

Verb - vest

Hess - vest

Ape - harpoon

SMC - vest

Migsi - vest

Tina - vest

Sharrow - vest

JC - harpoon

AVM - vest

Shinori - vest

Christine - can't decide

Current Vote Count:

Christine ( 1 ) - Vic

Phoenix ( 1 ) - Leelou

JiF ( 4 ) - Phoenix, Wombat, Smash, Ishy

Wombat ( 4 ) - JiF, BG, Tina, Shinori

Ape ( 3 ) - CTM, Lily, JC

Lily ( 1 ) - Verb

Migsi ( 1 ) - AVM

Pac ( 2 ) - Christine, 80

Smash ( 1 ) - Migsi

JC ( 7 ) - Ape, JVoR, Hess, Crush, Nolder, Sharrow, SMC

@ Quints:

Smash - vest

JiF - vest

CTM - Vest

Vic - harpoon

BG - harpoon

Leelou - Vest

Crush - Vest

JVoR - vest

Pac - vest

80 - harpoon

Verb - vest

Hess - vest

Ape - harpoon

SMC - vest

Migsi - vest

Tina - vest

Sharrow - vest

JC - harpoon

AVM - vest

Shinori - vest

Christine - can't decide

my head hurts..

Any chance Vic has been silenced? Did he post once the day started?

Anyway project speed lynch was an abject failure last night so not sure where I want to vote. JiF and Wombat have both been spazzy but I'm not sure that means they're scum.

Actually I'll Vote JiF. He needs to get brought back down to reality a bit. Too many people hiding to get reads. Probably no time but I'd like to get a train on Migisi and Vic going. If they're not going to be a part of the solution they're part of the problem.

Current Vote Count:

Christine ( 1 ) - Vic

Hess ( 1 ) - JVoR

Phoenix ( 1 ) - Leelou

JiF ( 6 ) - Phoenix, Wombat, Smash, Hess, Nolder, Pac

Wombat ( 7 ) - Crush, JiF, BG, SMC, 80, Tina, Shinori

Ape ( 2 ) - CTM, Lily

Lily ( 1 ) - Verb

Migsi ( 1 ) - AVM

Smash ( 1 ) - Migisi

Pac ( 1 ) - Christine

Nol (1) - JC

JC (1) - Ape

Scummy.

unvote vote Pac

@ Quint gimme that harpoon and this man dies.

Vote JiF.

Competing trains ftw.

This is why I revealed. I saw votes coming my way with only a few people coming off me to go to JC and 80 coming off wwbgay for Pac. With the JC swing being a late attempt with slow weekend play and a deadline at 10am Monday, I decided to reveal. Everyone was basically saying it was me or JC and most that left my train for JC's said they'd come back. From my perspective, it looked like it was coming down to Me and JC or wwwbgay. Figured I'd reveal to help people make their decisions. Its the way I decided to play, gfy if you dont like it.

Really not liking Crusher's "guess" thing. That being said, Ape is getting a bit too worked up. JVoR brought up a good point against Jetscode. Not sure if the Ape's meta is accurate or not because I haven't really payed much attention to the Ape/Jetscode dynamic. Also caught something from Jetscode that I think could be a scumtell. Don't wanna reveal it right now though because it could be something else.

unvote

Vote: Jetscode

The guy is a maniac. 100% sure on day 1?

And do you see how he keeps pushing the timing of my reveal? Its completely irrelevant to anything but he's trying to create hysteria around it. Such a scumbag this guy. He could very well be scum this game.

The level of tension climbed as the day wore on, with arguments breaking out on nearly every corner...

"Brody says it was a shark that killed that girl!"

"Bah. Larry and the rest of town council said she drowned and crabs got her. Evidently, some a$$hole got sh*tfaced on cheap liquor and coffee creamer. Sometime around 10 o'clock, he jumped out and tried to "house" the young lady, scaring her badly, and driving her into the water to escape him, where she drowned."

"So it was a normal Saturday night then?"

"Yep."

But some people weren't to sure, and they decided to keep poking around.

One resident wasn't so amused, and to get away from all of the arguing, she decided that she wanted to take a swim.

Current Vote Count:

Christine ( 1 ) - Vic

Phoenix ( 1 ) - Leelou

JiF ( 3 ) - Phoenix, Smash, Ishy

Wombat ( 3 ) - BG, Tina, Shinori

Ape ( 5 ) - CTM, Lily, JC, 80, JiF

Lily ( 1 ) - Verb

Migsi ( 1 ) - AVM

Pac ( 1 ) - Christine

Smash ( 1 ) - Migsi

JC ( 8 ) - Ape, JVoR, Hess, Crush, Nolder, Sharrow, SMC, Wombat

She was well into the estuary when the first vibrations hit the shark. He changed course immediately, looking for a little snack.

Nobody saw him as he cruised under the bridge and swam in the girl's wake.

Unable to keep his growing hunger under control, he struck, swallowing half of her body in one bite.

MIGSI, TOWN WEAK DOC, HAS BEEN EATEN.

With 25 players, it takes 13 to lynch.

was just about to give my take on this mess but want to see what's happening here with DPR...

I had been voting JiF (which wasn't counted for some reason) but I'll Unvote for now.

There is no game dynamic that is altering the vote count - did you vote for JiF during your shenanigans the other night, because I admittedly skipped a good portion of that.

Weak Doc? Perhaps someone who had odds on a successful protection?

Think the shark has to be a SK, no? a team of sharks doesn't make sense. with this many people perhaps the shark is a SK with serious protection, scum team could be 4 people headed by the mayor, and perhaps other 3rd parties? just thinking out loud.

Ape is claiming to be playing with a cool head but I don't notice the difference btw this incarnation and every other one that's played.

I'm inclined to vote him but I want to hear where his 100% certainty on JC is coming from. I've read his reasoning but throwing around 100 percent makes it seem like there's something else going on.

And a pre-emptive gfy for any silly rolefishing accusations against me. HE'S the one throwing 100 percent around.

Archived