JAWS MAFIA - Game Thread

DPR

Yeah, **** it.

I'm done here. Any respect I had built up for my play in recent months will diminish with this D1 fail. Even if I end up being right about JIF or you. I get nothing out of this anymore, damned if I do, damned if I don't. It's a waste of my time.

Out of respect for DPR I'll finish out things through the next day, I'm asking you guys to lynch me straight up though. So I don't have to quit.

Use the investigative roles productively.

Not time to quit, just time to go tard again. Things were so good back then. Why'd you ever leave me? Come home Ape. Come home.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, **** it.

I'm done here. Any respect I had built up for my play in recent months will diminish with this D1 fail. Even if I end up being right about JIF or you. I get nothing out of this anymore, damned if I do, damned if I don't. It's a waste of my time.

Out of respect for DPR I'll finish out things through the next day, I'm asking you guys to lynch me straight up though. So I don't have to quit.

I just read this all the way thru and it sounds like it was written for a high school production of "I was a Teenage Ape" The scene right after they lose the State Football Title because the authorities found out the grotesquely hairy kid really is an Ape and not just another Italian American Adolescent.

Oh dude stop. Your shtick is awesome. If you need a break to concentrate on your marriage then do what you got to.

Frankly. I need the break.

Marriage plans are 24/7 because of how soon it is. When I do take a break from it, I'm either in the hospital or coming out of sedation (the past 2 days have been a fog, for instance), and on the road for work. All of those things are far more important than this, and require my attention and energy.

I'm exhausted, and to be honest I've got a million great things going on in my life... and coming here to be called stupid over and over is a bit taxing, even for the thickest skinned mofo in mafia.

Just need a break. Maybe I'll mod again, if someone can do vote counts. Love hanging out during day with you guys, but playing is too much. For all the right-on cases I've made the past couple games, and I've been on a pretty good hot streak... nothing will be remembered but me being wrong just now on JC. Sucks.

Build all that goodwill, for lack of a better term, and then right in the trash it goes.

Yeah, **** it.

emo?

I just read this all the way thru and it sounds like it was written for a high school production of "I was a Teenage Ape" The scene right after they lose the State Football Title because the authorities found out the grotesquely hairy kid really is an Ape and not just another Italian American Adolescent.

That's great.

I've got some questions for the DCL I'd like to ask, via PM, is that cool?

Frankly. I need the break.

Marriage plans are 24/7 because of how soon it is. When I do take a break from it, I'm either in the hospital or coming out of sedation (the past 2 days have been a fog, for instance), and on the road for work. All of those things are far more important than this, and require my attention and energy.

I'm exhausted, and to be honest I've got a million great things going on in my life... and coming here to be called stupid over and over is a bit taxing, even for the thickest skinned mofo in mafia.

Just need a break. Maybe I'll mod again, if someone can do vote counts. Love hanging out during day with you guys, but playing is too much. For all the right-on cases I've made the past couple games, and I've been on a pretty good hot streak... nothing will be remembered but me being wrong just now on JC. Sucks.

Build all that goodwill, for lack of a better term, and then right in the trash it goes.

So quitting while on bottom? I don't believe that, if anything you'll be even more inclined to play hoping to end on a high note.

But seriously, you made a mistake, your ape balls will get busted cause of the ridiculous boasting you do, but the reality is that you've done this before, and every single one of us has as well. I can't think of a single player who hasn't been heavily involved in outing a power role. I once lead a train against smash, he claimed cop, and I pushed to lynch him anyway I was so sure he was fake claiming, Of course he wasn't and to this day I have a tough time reading smash.

But more importantly, nothing that happens in these games is as impressive or catastrophic as you seem to think. We make good plays, we make bad plays, we make good jokes , we make bad jokes... it's just a game.. I'm as competitive a the next guy, but wanting so badly to be good at mafia seems like a silly goal..

So quitting while on bottom? I don't believe that, if anything you'll be even more inclined to play hoping to end on a high note.

But seriously, you made a mistake, your ape balls will get busted cause of the ridiculous boasting you do, but the reality is that you've done this before, and every single one of us has as well. I can't think of a single player who hasn't been heavily involved in outing a power role. I once lead a train against smash, he claimed cop, and I pushed to lynch him anyway I was so sure he was fake claiming, Of course he wasn't and to this day I have a tough time reading smash.

But more importantly, nothing that happens in these games is as impressive or catastrophic as you seem to think. We make good plays, we make bad plays, we make good jokes , we make bad jokes... it's just a game.. I'm as competitive a the next guy, but wanting so badly to be good at mafia seems like a silly goal..

Agreed. I'm a fierce competitor though. I'm not "going out" either, I'm just going on break. I like playing, but it's a time suck when I don't have much time. In between posts I've been designing our invitations for instance.

There's not a whole lot of good I can do this game from here on... so, rather than fight with everyone and make a bigger mess, I'm suggesting town not waste investigative roles on me tonight, thus jeopardizing themselves, and just lynch me tomorrow. It's a good plan.

*The Weak Doc is able to protect anyone during the night, just as a regular Doc does. However, if they protect scum, they die. Migsi self-protected on N1

Do we get to know the targets of all power roles that die?

Agreed. I'm a fierce competitor though. I'm not "going out" either, I'm just going on break. I like playing, but it's a time suck when I don't have much time. In between posts I've been designing our invitations for instance.

There's not a whole lot of good I can do this game from here on... so, rather than fight with everyone and make a bigger mess, I'm suggesting town not waste investigative roles on me tonight, thus jeopardizing themselves, and just lynch me tomorrow. It's a good plan.

mafia will miss you ape

especially scum teams!

Scene clearly says "gusnot"

Here is my proposition. Don't have any waste investigative abilities on me tonight. Let them scum hunt, and lynch me tomorrow.

No scheme. Nothing up my sleeve. I'll even self-vote and won't say a peep after. No defense whatsoever, you have my word. Basically, I want out of the game. I'm pissed about what just happened frankly and need to re-evaluate how I'm spending my time on this. Basically, one big wrong like this erases all the right times, and I've got myself where my energy and input is largely ignored. Might be time for a long break.

Anyway, I'm roleless, I'm town, not scum, not shark, not SK, not 3rd party. I just had a bad D1 and understand the situation it has created, all wifom which will have the town-vs-town once again.

This is the most pro-town thing I can think of at this point. Just don't waste town night actions on me. If scum has a watcher, they'll likely be able to see the cop view me or anything else.

Emo bullsh*t!

Town read = gone

If you were really town you'd shrug it off and continue scum hunting

My votes on you tomorrow but I suggest anyone with a harpoon just save us all the trouble

In case I die EP's play the last couple hours is highly suspect... I'll be voting him to start the day.

Ape who gives a sam hill fu-k if you made a bad play on JC. If he didn't get run up today he would have gotten run up another day. For better or worse run em' up and reveal has been the style we've played for quite awhile now. Is what it is.

If you want to quit because you have too much crap going on that's one thing, but if you're quitting because of a lack of respect I'm going to punch you in the throat. I've been the hottest player in the game for months and no one wants to admit it. They may know it, but don't want to say it. I accept that and just continue my stellar play. It's my way of saying FU to the detractors.

Emo bullsh*t!

Town read = gone

If you were really town you'd shrug it off and continue scum hunting

My votes on you tomorrow but I suggest anyone with a harpoon just save us all the trouble

Presumptuous ass.

In case I die EP's play the last couple hours is highly suspect... I'll be voting him to start the day.

Ape who gives a sam hill fu-k if you made a bad play on JC. If he didn't get run up today he would have gotten run up another day. For better or worse run em' up and reveal has been the style we've played for quite awhile now. Is what it is.

If you want to quit because you have too much crap going on that's one thing, but if you're quitting because of a lack of respect I'm going to punch you in the throat. I've been the hottest player in the game for months and no one wants to admit it. They may know it, but don't want to say it. I accept that and just continue my stellar play. It's my way of saying FU to the detractors.

I admit it, for what it's worth. I give credit where it's due.

I still think my suggestion for tomorrow is a good one. Don't want townies wasting views on me, I'll be dead if not tomorrow, by D3. Seems obvious.

Ape, I understand needing out because you have too much going on in your life. But I agree that it's silly to feel bad over one bad call. How many times have you made bad calls?

I'm not going to bring up what set me off until end game. It is outside the spirit of the game.

Let's see what night brings and revisit my suggestion tomorrow if I continue to be a huge wifom and distraction.

Crusher's right, you know, this is just a guessing game. We all enjoy having you around, Ape. I think a break might be a nice idea, though. It's a very mentally invested game and i remember getting to a point where I would get upset and stressed out by it where it stopped being enjoyable. I came back to play though because i enjoy everyone's company here and it beats bitching about how god awful the jets offense is going to be this year.

Damn. Sorry guys...this one falls on me. I wasn't here to be awesome and save you from an awful decision.

Good damn weekend though...one of my best friends got married Saturday, birthday today...good times.

Ape, don't quit. I would be full of sadness. Not as much sadness as awesomeness, but still...it's the thought that counts.

Lily -- <3. That's all.

Christine -- Sorry I left you out of my list last time. Seeing as you're the 2nd Carolina girl to play here, and by far the best, I need to do a better job. Glad you've replaced 80.

Hess -- let's **** **** up bro. You down?

Damn. Sorry guys...this one falls on me. I wasn't here to be awesome and save you from an awful decision.

Good damn weekend though...one of my best friends got married Saturday, birthday today...good times.

Ape, don't quit. I would be full of sadness. Not as much sadness as awesomeness, but still...it's the thought that counts.

Lily -- <3. That's all.

Christine -- Sorry I left you out of my list last time. Seeing as you're the 2nd Carolina girl to play here, and by far the best, I need to do a better job. Glad you've replaced 80.

Hess -- let's **** **** up bro. You down?

So down!!! *whips out knives from ankle straps, grabs a snorkle and some fins, jumps in water, goes hunting for a big fish*

Archived