Sanchez sucks.

Sperm Edwards

The problem is Sanchez has no heart. No fire. In his post game presser he said he doesn't listen to the boos, he was just playing and having fun out there. FUN? Are you kidding?

The best part of Jet games now is watching Ray Lucas lose his mind on the post game show.

This is stupid.

If he had no heart he would not have had all of the 4th quarter comebacks he has had.

He has plenty of problems, heart is not one of them.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is exactly the problem, the development never really happened.

He looks the same to me now as he did in year 1, and worse than year 2.

Year 2 he actually had some talent to throw to, and a far better line.

He has not developed at all, the offensive philosophy sucks ass, Rex did nothing to develop him, I honestly don't think he even would know how if he could be bothered.

He hit his ceiling at USC mon

Sees question... Do you believe Sanchez could have been good with a different staff, and if so, why?

Yes, because coaching and player development matter. I'm not a proponent of revising history. He was a good QB prospect, even with 16 starts. The number of starts, BTW, even as Lewin attests is mainly a judge of film. The more games the more film they have. Sanchez had a good arm out of college and was actually elusive in the pocket. He had good feet and a good NFL ready throwing motion. His biggest problem was understanding the difference between being College open and NFL open for a WR. An NFL QB has to anticipate separation.

With a competent offensive coaching staff, they could have schooled him on fundamentals, be on top of mechanical breakdowns (such as overstriding on throws which causes the ball to sail, according to Gannon) and adequate film sessions. Have you not noticed that now after every series Sanchez is looking at pictures with Sparano? Do you remember that under Schitty? I used to think that the cameras just missed it, but how is it we see that all the time with Sparano and never under Schitty.

So, yes, a competent offensive coaching staff may have made a difference. They couldve molded him as they wanted.

This is stupid.

If he had no heart he would not have had all of the 4th quarter comebacks he has had.

Please buy a clue. Did you see his post game presser? He is great at pointing fingers. He never points the thumb.

I guess I can understand it. $50MM, banging beautiful women, playing a kids game. Everyone in his world blowing sunshine up your ass 24/7. I can understand not being upset at losing. He is having fun... all the way to the bank.

He is bad on the field. He is worse off the field. Lackadaisical, laid back attitude. No fire. No leadership. No wonder the lockerroom imploded last year.

Veterans expect a man at the position. Sanchez is a boy.

Yes, I do.

Shocked...

To flip the question, what the F has Rex ever done to instill any confidence whatsoever that he has a clue on how to develop a QB??

He had no opinion on keeping Schott as the OC.

Stayed out of the offense.

Allowed him to play at least a year to early.

And then hired Sparano, who may have been worse than Schott.

Sanchez is done, no doubt, but if these idiots get another chance to ruin another young QB, it may be the straw that breaks my very forgiving Jets back.

He's done nothing to prove he can develop a QB. We've only seen him with one QB. The purpose of my question was to ask what we've seen of Sanchez to say that he could have been good, ever. I'm not sure there's ever been any evidence of that.

It's maddening to watch him pout like a four year old, then Ryan continue to baby him with the guarantee he will start again in two weeks before the stands are fully emptied from his last debacle. He is a classic spoiled brat at this point. Granted, he is missing some of our weapons, but even if he had them, he just doesn't play with the conviction of someone who can lose his job if he underperforms.

Gee I wonder why.

This thread isn't even fun anymore. Kinda like the first time you kick your Dad's ass in hoops on the driveway... You've been at it for so long, and when it happens, you just end up feeling bad about it.

Oh please.. you and the rest of the gals whined when it was stupid to whine. Acting like you had some amazing forsight is laughable.

Did he play horribly? Yes. Is he still the starting QB as of today? Yes.

Save the hi-fives for when he's off the team... like 2014.

This is stupid.

David Garrard

Dante Cullpepper

Jeff Garcia

Aaron Brooks

Carson Palmer

Marc Bulger

Mike Vick

Brad Johnson

Trent Dilfer

Mark Brunell

John Kitna

Jake Delhomme

Jake Plummer

Kerry Collins

All current or recent QBs with more 4th quarter comebacks. Perhaps an overrated statistic?

David Garrard

Dante Cullpepper

Jeff Garcia

Aaron Brooks

Carson Palmer

Marc Bulger

Mike Vick

Brad Johnson

Trent Dilfer

Mark Brunell

John Kitna

Jake Delhomme

Jake Plummer

Kerry Collins

All current or recent QBs with more 4th quarter comebacks. Perhaps an overrated statistic?

Perhaps you should do a number of starts adjustment?

Many of those guys have at least 2 times as many starts, if you are going to use stats, use them correct please.

Thx

Oh please.. you and the rest of the gals whined when it was stupid to whine. Acting like you had some amazing forsight is laughable.

Pac's 2014 strategy: "Yeah, well he's got $40 mil in the bank! Whatta YOU got?"

LOL. We call this move, "Pulling a Klacko"...

What's that, you ask? When you jump off the bandwagon and then claim that the moment you did was the only appropriate moment to do so.

As for foresight, no, I don't claim foresight, well, only sometimes to be a dick, but I'm not seeing much different than I've seen before. A bad QB. He just doesn't have a great team to bail him out anymore.

Yes, because coaching and player development matter. I'm not a proponent of revising history. He was a good QB prospect, even with 16 starts. The number of starts, BTW, even as Lewin attests is mainly a judge of film. The more games the more film they have. Sanchez had a good arm out of college and was actually elusive in the pocket. He had good feet and a good NFL ready throwing motion. His biggest problem was understanding the difference between being College open and NFL open for a WR. An NFL QB has to anticipate separation.

With a competent offensive coaching staff, they could have schooled him on fundamentals, be on top of mechanical breakdowns (such as overstriding on throws which causes the ball to sail, according to Gannon) and adequate film sessions. Have you not noticed that now after every series Sanchez is looking at pictures with Sparano? Do you remember that under Schitty? I used to think that the cameras just missed it, but how is it we see that all the time with Sparano and never under Schitty.

So, yes, a competent offensive coaching staff may have made a difference. They couldve molded him as they wanted.

I think he was a decent prospect, in a bad year. His own coach publicly said he should stay. If you want to make the argument that it was a selfish move, why do we never see it in other situations?

I don't see how you mold accuracy and vision. I'm not sure these are things that can be coached.

OK, again, please adjust them by games started, thanks.

Don't have the time, or the interest, feel free to do so if you like. The point wasn't to create a perfect hierarchy, but to demonstrate that that is not necessarily a strong stat to hang your hat on. 4th quarter comebacks has a lot to do with losing for most of the game and having a defense that can keep you close, something Sanchez certainly has demonstrated a proclivity for.

Just because you got caught up in your own emotions in year one and year two doesn't mean there was a reason to. Statistically, he was about the same QB then as he is now.

LOL. We call this move, "Pulling a Klacko"...

What's that, you ask? When you jump off the bandwagon and then claim that the moment you did was the only appropriate moment to do so.

As for foresight, no, I don't claim foresight, well, only sometimes to be a dick, but I'm not seeing much different than I've seen before. A bad QB. He just doesn't have a great team to bail him out anymore.

I'll kindly ask you never associate me with Klacko again. That's first...

Secondly who is saying I'm jumping off the wagon? I'm acknowledging he played like a pile of dog sh-t and his chances are running out. That said I still think he has the tools to be successful. Couple more sh-tshows like yesterdays and you'll get that gratification you've been seeking since 2010.

I'll kindly ask you never associate me with Klacko again. That's first...

Secondly who is saying I'm jumping off the wagon? I'm acknowledging he played like a pile of dog sh-t and his chances are running out. That said I still think he has the tools to be successful. Couple more sh-tshows like yesterdays and you'll get that gratification you've been seeking since 2010.

Why? You're just like him.

Don't have the time, or the interest, feel free to do so if you like. The point wasn't to create a perfect hierarchy, but to demonstrate that that is not necessarily a strong stat to hang your hat on. 4th quarter comebacks has a lot to do with losing for most of the game and having a defense that can keep you close, something Sanchez certainly has demonstrated a proclivity for.

Just because you got caught up in your own emotions in year one and year two doesn't mean there was a reason to. Statistically, he was about the same QB then as he is now.

LOL, you were the one who brought up a very flawed argument, and when I called you on it, you backed off.

I have zero emotions for Sanchez, I think he is done.

My emotions are for the Jets, and if we let this same clown crew try to develop another QB, we will be in the same position a few years from now, take it to the bank.

LOL, you were the one who brought up a very flawed argument, and when I called you on it, you backed off.

I have zero emotions for Sanchez, I think he is done.

My emotions are for the Jets, and if we let this same clown crew try to develop another QB, we will be in the same position a few years from now, take it to the bank.

You had emotions on Sanchez. That's the point.

And in my original post, I said, "perhaps an overvalued stat". That's not making a flawed argument, it's bringing up a point.

You had emotions on Sanchez. That's the point.

And in my original post, I said, "perhaps an overvalued stat". That's not making a flawed argument, it's bringing up a point.

I have zero emotions on Sanchez, I gain nothing from him being successful or unsuccessful. My emotions are unfortunately tied to the Jets, that has not been fun for the last 30+ years, not Sanchez.

It was a bad attempt to dispute my assertion that his 4th quarter comebacks show heart.

Just accept your defeat and move on.

N of one. Failure.

OK, you win, let's let Rex get another QB.

Let's let Cavenaugh coach him.

Let's have Sparano as the OC.

I think your right, I think it will work well, I have a lot of confidence in them.

It's probably Rex's offensive genius, you know, where he ignores the offense for 3+ years.

I think he was a decent prospect, in a bad year. His own coach publicly said he should stay. If you want to make the argument that it was a selfish move, why do we never see it in other situations?

I don't see how you mold accuracy and vision. I'm not sure these are things that can be coached.

Yes, it was selfish by Carrol because he wanted to win a national title before the NCAA hammered the program for infractions. That's why Carrol went with a freshman QB the next year because he didn't have an adequate replacement for Sanchez. It's never selfish for a college player to go pro because they are the one providing the "free" labor while HCs, ADs, and schools get right off their talent.

Sanchez was accurate in college and, again, Sanchez' accuracy issue is mechanical that he either refuses or is unable to correct. Vision can be coached as well and we've seen drills on it.

OK, you win, let's let Rex get another QB.

Let's let Cavenaugh coach him.

Let's have Sparano as the OC.

I think your right, I think it will work well, I have a lot of confidence in them.

It's probably Rex's offensive genius, you know, where he ignores the offense for 3+ years.

This guy had Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes, Dustin Keller and the top or near the top rushing offense in football and still was near the bottom of the league. Oh yeah, it was Schottenheimer's fault. The fact that he seems to fumble on every third sack is of course due to lack of weapons. The fact that he is horribly inaccurate or at best, streaky is not his fault either. He stares down receivers and has no pocket awareness at all has nothing to do with him. He still looks like a rookie or worse than many rookies and that of course is not his fault. It's Schottenh- I mean Spar- Cavanaugh's fault. It's a wonder you haven't found a way to blame Mike Westhoff yet.

This guy had Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes, Dustin Keller and the top or near the top rushing offense in football and still was near the bottom of the league. Oh yeah, it was Schottenheimer's fault. The fact that he seems to fumble on every third sack is of course due to lack of weapons. The fact that he is horribly inaccurate or at best, streaky is not his fault either. He stares down receivers and has no pocket awareness at all has nothing to do with him. He still looks like a rookie or worse than many rookies and that of course is not his fault. It's Schottenh- I mean Spar- Cavanaugh's fault. It's a wonder you haven't found a way to blame Mike Westhoff yet.

Obviously no one on the Jets - Rex, Schottenheimer, Cavanaugh, Sparano, Brunell - no one has told him to stop staring down his receivers. No one has told him to keep the ball closer to his body instead of holding it out with one hand when under pressure. No one has told him to move anyplace other than directly towards the logjam after 3+ seconds in the pocket. Sanchez on his own had to bring in a veteran baseball player and world series manager from the Yanks to teach himself had to slide because the narrow-minded coaches wouldn't lift a finger to do anything productive. All these coaches, they've all clearly told him to just stand there and assume protection will be there until he's found an open receiver and released it. That's why he does this. It's others' faults, not Sanchez's. Ridiculous for anyone to think otherwise.

But yeah, he physically had "the tools" to succeed. So did every 1st round bust QB ever drafted (with the exception of Tebow, I suppose). The difference with most of them is their coaches benched them when they sucked. Didn't Akili Smith have the "tools" to succeed? lol

Obviously no one on the Jets - Rex, Schottenheimer, Cavanaugh, Sparano, Brunell - no one has told him to stop staring down his receivers. No one has told him to keep the ball closer to his body instead of holding it out with one hand when under pressure. No one has told him to move anyplace other than directly towards the logjam after 3+ seconds in the pocket. Sanchez on his own had to bring in a veteran baseball player and world series manager from the Yanks to teach himself had to slide because the narrow-minded coaches wouldn't lift a finger to do anything productive. All these coaches, they've all clearly told him to just stand there and assume protection will be there until he's found an open receiver and released it. That's why he does this. It's others' faults, not Sanchez's. Ridiculous for anyone to think otherwise.

But yeah, he physically had "the tools" to succeed. So did every 1st round bust QB ever drafted (with the exception of Tebow, I suppose). The difference with most of them is their coaches benched them when they sucked. Didn't Akili Smith have the "tools" to succeed? lol

I don't see these coaches having major successes with many players, so I seriously question their ability to coach up.

I don't see these coaches having major successes with many players, so I seriously question their ability to coach up.

Brees has gushed over both Schottenheimer and Brunell. Take that for what it's worth, as he seems a pretty gracious guy. But he could have given noncommittal, or less enthusiastic, answers if he felt otherwise.

All the same, this was in response to the suggestion that other coaches would have made Sanchez into a good QB. I seriously doubt anyone could have. He is so terrible.

And no I don't think the Jets have assembled any great thinktank of offensive geniuses.

Archived