Official 2012-2013 New York Knicks Thread

RutgersJetFan

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Woodson ain't going to use him anyway send him in there to give Hibbert a hard foul

they beat up hibbert everyday in practice to make him tough on offense and to avoid foul trouble on defense.  he's well coached

Is it just me or does Melo look bloated?

No, it's just you.  You're too hate-filled to realize that he wears a flack jacket under his jersey to protect his ribs.  He's been wearing that for years.

If you can't score you can't win. That's what it came down to.  Pacers only scored 82 points and shot 35%.  The rebounding killed the Knicks.  They have to get close in the rebounding numbers in order for the other aspects of the game to fall into their favor.

When a JAG like Roy Hibbert is destroying your supposed franchise DPOY center, you're in deep deep sh*t. I can't see any way the Knicks win this series.

It's very troubling when an opposing player completely dominates a position matchup.  If Tyson continues to get bitched in this series I'll agree with you.

Pretty much how I expected this series to go.  Pacers play solid half court D, the Knicks stand around and watch in the half court set.  Pretty much a recipe for disaster for the Knicks.  They needed to shoot lights out to win this series, which clearly isnt happening and now its taking its toll.  Melo and Smith are absolutely useless players when they're not hitting.  They are not the type of players who impact any other part of the game to compensate for their lack of scoring.  Granted Melo was the only one providing any scoring, he was still absolutely awful.  

Very disappointed in Tyson Chandler.  While I dont think Hibbert is a JAG, like someone said, I think he's a pretty solid old school type center, but he shouldnt be giving Chandler this much trouble.  

Woodson's is really blowing this series if you ask me.  His substitutions and line-ups he's throwing out there are maddening.  Starting 3 guards made zero sense, IMO.  He finally had Martin and Chandler on the court, it made the game ugly and close and then he never went back to it again, meanwhile they are getting destroyed on the boards.  

I'll be surprised if this goes 6 games. 

IDK what's up with Tyson. He's either hurt, or he's not happy with the team(Melo, JR in particular.) He rips them pretty badly in the paper this morning.

Implied that they don't have the "great, great, great player" that can impose his will upon the offense at the expense of passing the ball. Ow.

“Honestly, we’re doing it to ourselves,” Chandler said on Sunday. “I

watched the tape myself and there are open looks. We have to be willing

passers. You have to sacrifice yourself sometimes for the betterment of

the team and for the betterment of your teammates. So when you drive in

the paint and you draw, you kick it. I think we need to do a better job

of allowing the game to dictate who takes the shots and not the

individuals.”

“I’m not saying anyone is doing it maliciously," Chandler said on

Sunday. “I think it is more so you get into a situation where you want

to take over the game or you want to make a big shot where you (should)

stick to the game plan. A good team wins basketball games. Unless you’re

a great, great, great, great individual … and we only have a few of

those come through.”

Chandler shouldn't be calling anyone out. He's getting owned by a mediocre player. 

Tyson does need to get his head out of his ass on defense I agree....but he didnt say anything wrong though either regarding the ball movement.

However Hibbert has been beasting since the ASG.

The most troubling aspect about Tyson's comments is that he has taken zero responsibility for Hibbert abusing him.

Also note that Melo has outrebounded Tyson thus far in this series.

The most troubling aspect about Tyson's comments is that he has taken zero responsibility for Hibbert abusing him.

Also note that Melo has outrebounded Tyson thus far in this series.

From what I read into this whole story is that he's pissed about how the offense is being run and doesnt feel like being a defender and  garbage man on offense for what he deems crappy possessions

From what I read into this whole story is that he's pissed about how the offense is being run and doesnt feel like being a defender and garbage man on offense for what he deems crappy possessions

But Tyson has always been a garbage man. It's not like he has any real offensive game. He has no post moves or jump shot. He can only score at the rim.

We'll see how it goes. He has to defend better, rebound better, and finish at the rim.

But Tyson has always been a garbage man. It's not like he has any real offensive game. He has no post moves or jump shot. He can only score at the rim.

We'll see how it goes. He has to defend better, rebound better, and finish at the rim.

I am still waiting for chandler to make a real move.  how many practices has this guy been to and he can't pull off a sikma pivot or a drop step in a real game ?  it's bizarre.  he is agile and hostile, but has no skillz

maybe melo can teach him the dream shake.  I worshipped the dream when I was playing.  wore number 34 for him.  I bet if chandler even tried it he'd fall down, lol

LOL, Larz, exactly.

We all know Tyson is not an offensive weapon. He could score no points this season and the Knicks could win if he did his job and shut Hibbert down.

Instead, Hibbert is handing Tyson his ass. Does Tyson say he needs to play better? No, hr blames teammates. The media and fans should be calling him out on it.

This is Tyson's 15th playoff game coming up as a Knick. Can anyone name a single standout performance by him?

I agree with you...and he's more motivated to be the garbage guy/crazy defender when there's quality sets. Tyson doesnt want the ball on offense, he never has, he just wants better sets. We've all played ball here at some point..there's nothing more frustrating that running up and down the court when there's low iq shots going up with little passing.

I am still waiting for chandler to make a real move.  how many practices has this guy been to and he can't pull off a sikma pivot or a drop step in a real game ?  it's bizarre.  he is agile and hostile, but has no skillz

maybe melo can teach him the dream shake.  I worshipped the dream when I was playing.  wore number 34 for him.  I bet if chandler even tried it he'd fall down, lol

LOL, Larz, exactly.

We all know Tyson is not an offensive weapon. He could score no points this season and the Knicks could win if he did his job and shut Hibbert down.

Instead, Hibbert is handing Tyson his ass. Does Tyson say he needs to play better? No, hr blames teammates. The media and fans should be calling him out on it.

This is Tyson's 15th playoff game coming up as a Knick. Can anyone name a single standout performance by him?

It's hard to fathom; the guy is very nimble for his size, has good hands and has shot over 70% from the line his last four or five years in the league, it doesn't make any sense why he hasn't even tried to work on his game.  If he could have developed even a 10 foot jumper, that would open things up on the floor tenfold. It's pretty infuriating actually.  

I don't see why these guys don't do it, if for no other reason than to extend their career and make more money. The dream is one of the few players I can think who seemd to get better with age and was productive at a late age because he developed his game. 

Shump is playing; no structural damage which is fine, but still don't like seeing a kid playing with swelling in his surgically repaired knee.  Also, first time we've gone big in while: Felton, Shump, Melo, Martin, Chandler.

Video of Shump warming up and throwing it down off two feet: dude makes it look so effortless.  (have to click on the link, once again these Vine videos dont embedd for whatever reason)

https://vines.s3.amazonaws.com/v/videos/522EA365-0196-4282-B1BD-40EA927D62CD-5419-000007008E49B76D_1.1.mp4?versionId=DIl6tYUuNxQMm4_uZmWDUaZUOVjR69va

Martin ans Chandler eh?

Look for Melo to eclipse the 50 shot mark tonight.

I dont know how I feel about this....the best the Knicks have looked this postseason has been with Prigioni on the floor and Woody seems to be phasing him out.

JR Smith is practically burning money. Cannot recall any athlete with free agency pending taking a torch to his future like this.

SImply though if Melo can start shooting well this 2nd half they could pull it out.

JR Smith is practically burning money. Cannot recall any athlete with free agency pending taking a torch to his future like this.

SImply though if Melo can start shooting well this 2nd half they could pull it out.

JR was never leaving anyways...Knicks have his early Bird rights and an under the table deal with him. There's a reason his bro travels with the team and his Dad is employed by MSG.

Watching this Knicks roster makes me feel a little better about the future of the Nets.

The roster is workable if the organization as a whole looks itself in the mirror and allows a real coach handle this team and not a babysitter that enables guys who need to get up their "shots"

Woodson is a good guy and a Im sure a great assistant...but him vs Vogel is a monstrous mismatch

JR was never leaving anyways...Knicks have his early Bird rights and an under the table deal with him. There's a reason his bro travels with the team and his Dad is employed by MSG.

May be. But is Jim Dolan going to be in a big rush to write him a big check off this?

The roster is workable if the organization as a whole looks itself in the mirror and allows a real coach handle this team and not a babysitter that enables guys who need to get up their "shots"

Woodson is a good guy and a Im sure a great assistant...but him vs Vogel is a monstrous mismatch

Doc Rivers also made him look like an overmatched CYO coach.

Archived