Official 2012-2013 New York Knicks Thread

RutgersJetFan

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Pacers always turn the ball over and they're a poor FT shooting team. So last night was no different. The Hill issue is big however.

If the Knicks don't get destroyed on boards and they make their open shots they'll win going away. The problem is they've only done that in 2 games.

Back to FTs, lost in all the misses was the disparity in attempts. It wasn't like the Knicks weren't driving. They refs simply weren't calling the fouls.

Whos thought Tyson Chandler would be a fringe player for the Hall of Fame?  For what?  Riding people's coattails?  He couldn't carry Derrick Coleman's jock.

Images of Derrick Coleman showing up injured for practice with a bag filled with his McDonalds lunch  as his Nets' teammates tried to practice. Please. Chandler is not that kind of stupid. In fact he seems like a pretty good guy. . WHat ever he said this week was borne of frustration, not being a jerk.

my feeling :

knicks win going away to force game 7, they actually get a bucket from kidd to boot

If Hill plays, it's down to the wire, his length really bothers Felton and any other ball-handler, if he doesn't play, we win by double digits.  I'm predicting no more than 6 minutes for bother Kidd and Amare, whereas Cope, unless he fouls is ass off the court, will get 20+.  It'd be nice to keep him, but rumors circulating that although he wants to stay with NY, as he's a jersey kid, he'd like to get paid after putting in his does overseas for 5 years.  His agent argued he's worth what Novak got plus a little and I honestly don't blame him.  He deserves more than the qualifying offer + 200k we can give him for being one year with the team or whatever the rule is.

Regardless, I would really like to see them win convincingly, as I don't think those young kids have the mental fortitude to come into The Garden and win a game 7 after being up 3-1.   

Images of Derrick Coleman showing up injured for practice with a bag filled with his McDonalds lunch  as his Nets' teammates tried to practice. Please. Chandler is not that kind of stupid. In fact he seems like a pretty good guy. . WHat ever he said this week was borne of frustration, not being a jerk.

I think Dom's point was that, douchebaggery aside, Coleman had more talent and skill in one of his chins than Tyson Chandler has in his entire body.

Whos thought Tyson Chandler would be a fringe player for the Hall of Fame? For what? Riding people's coattails? He couldn't carry Derrick Coleman's jock.

That would be GiantFanSMC but he obviously will ignore you because he ignores anything that proves how wrong he is

Anyway if hill plays and is effective I think Indy will pull it out if he doesn't play or is ineffective the Knicks will force a game 7

That would be GiantFanSMC but he obviously will ignore you because he ignores anything that proves how wrong he is

Anyway if hill plays and is effective I think Indy will pull it out if he doesn't play or is ineffective the Knicks will force a game 7

Ehh, I don't think it's as crazy as you make it seem, there is an outside shot of it, although I wouldn't bet on it.  Ignoring his injury history, which is pretty extensive, if he continues at his current level of play through the remainder of his contract and then can play 4 or 5 more years after at a decently high level, he has a good shot at 10k points and 10k rebounds, not sure anyone who has those numbers is not in the HOF.  

His resume:

All Star x 1

NBA Championship x 1

Gold Medal x 1

DPOY x 1

1st team defense x 1

2nd team defense x 2

FIBA Championship x 2

McDonald's All American x 1

Obviously not the best resume, or one I particularly feel is worthy of it, however, since he's won both an NBA championship and Olympic Gold Medal, if he's able to add a couple more 1st team defenses and all star games, to go with the 10k points and rebounds, it's certainly possible.  They've let others before him in that I probably had a bigger problem with, although push comes to shove I still don't feel Chandler is a HOFer.  

If anyone had any (delusional) thoughts about Chandler being a borderline HoF'er, they should refer to this series and Hibbert continually abusing him on the glass, with Tyson making zero adjustments 6 games in.  Get position and put a body on him for crissakes.

If anyone had any (delusional) thoughts about Chandler being a borderline HoF'er, they should refer to this series and Hibbert continually abusing him on the glass, with Tyson making zero adjustments 6 games in.  Get position and put a body on him for crissakes.

Not so sure anyone was arguing that he was a HOF caliber player, but moreso of his chances of making it.  I certainly don't think he's a HOF-caliber player, not in the slightest, but I recognize the HOF is pretty weak and if he racked up 10k and 10k there's an outside shot.  

I had the same feelings though, he's getting absolutely beaten like a rented mule by Hibbert.  The thing is though, there's not many people who watch him play that felt he was a great low-post, on ball defender.  He won that DPOY for his help defense and the idea that he was single-handedly responsible for the knicks defensive turnaround and not Woodson.

Ehh, I don't think it's as crazy as you make it seem, there is an outside shot of it, although I wouldn't bet on it.  Ignoring his injury history, which is pretty extensive, if he continues at his current level of play through the remainder of his contract and then can play 4 or 5 more years after at a decently high level, he has a good shot at 10k points and 10k rebounds, not sure anyone who has those numbers is not in the HOF.  

His resume:

All Star x 1

NBA Championship x 1

Gold Medal x 1

DPOY x 1

1st team defense x 1

2nd team defense x 2

FIBA Championship x 2

McDonald's All American x 1

Obviously not the best resume, or one I particularly feel is worthy of it, however, since he's won both an NBA championship and Olympic Gold Medal, if he's able to add a couple more 1st team defenses and all star games, to go with the 10k points and rebounds, it's certainly possible.  They've let others before him in that I probably had a bigger problem with, although push comes to shove I still don't feel Chandler is a HOFer.  

There's a bunch of guys that didn't make the Hall with 10k/10k - Buck Williams, Kevin Willis, Paul Silas, Oakley, Laimbeer, Otis Thorpe, etc.  Another guy who did it that didn't make the Hall with a resume way better than Chandler is Jack Sikma.

The guy made one All-Star team - something he probably doesn't earn if Dwight Howard was still in his conference.  No way does he belong in the company of the top-100 players in NBA history/

LOL, youre obsessed.

And, no, I never said Tyson as is is a HOFer. Get a clue.

LOL, youre obsessed.

And, no, I never said Tyson as is is a HOFer. Get a clue.

Whatever giants fan u shouldn't even be on a jets board....

Melo finally getting some help from shump and cope this is the Knicks game Indy looks tight

Whatever giants fan u shouldn't even be on a jets board....

Melo finally getting some help from shump and cope this is the Knicks game Indy looks tight

The board is open for all fans. Stop hating.

Archived