Sign in to follow this  
Freemanm

Who is left to build around?

Rate this topic

To be fair, Hilliard was an RB that they moved to FB and he supposedly could catch. He had a few blatant drops, but fits the kind of mold as Baker. I like Baker, but I think his injury was very severe and he was a borderline prospect to begin with. I'm not into burning a draft pick on a FB, but a guy in the 5th or later that is a serious special teamer isn't a problem in my book. Much prefer a FB that can catch. Conner didn't seem to excel in that department, but Sanchez never looked good throwing to any backs.

To play a FB that rarely catches the ball is to signal to the opposing defense when you're running. Like when Schotty would line up Conner out wide, and then....oh wait! he's motioning in to block!! Nobody was surprised. Might as well get a defensive lineman like Pouha to come blast a hole on 4th and 1 to serve that purpose...and not take up an entire roster spot.

Now, if we could find a bigger bodied back who could serve multiple purposes like:

Anthony Dixon, who can pass block, lead block, or run the ball on his own merit (short yardage).

Marcell Reece, who is a dual threat, and actually started at RB when his team got banged up.

James Casey, who is listed on paper as TE/FB/HB (at least in my fantasy league).

No more pure FBs unless they are Mike Alstott good.

i cant believe its been months and your still saying the "cant read" stuff

but your saying we should focus on getting better players around the qb because finding a elite qb is hard. Im assuming because your aj ets fan you want the jets to win so you think getting good players around a meh qb will make us win.

you build around a QB. Mediocre qbs are only good for losing games and getting good draft picks to hopefully find a good qb

Were you dropped on your head as a baby?

Might as well get a defensive lineman like Pouha to come blast a hole on 4th and 1 to serve that purpose...and not take up an entire roster spot.

Pouha the 30+ year old DT who's blown out his knee should come in and lead block on offense? This isn't a rookie Haloti Ngata or college aged Jesse Williams here.

Why not , the jets went D the last 3 first round picks , it time to work on the other side of the ball

Because an OL at 9 is not ideal, especially since it would be a guard and the NC State QB is not good, especially in the 2nd.