The All Revis Trade Discussion Threads are the Same Discussion Thread - MERGED NUMEROUS TIMES

jetfan718

Brandt on Revis: He'll never be happy

January, 25, 2013

Jan 25

2:19

PM ET

By Rich Cimini | ESPNNewYork.com

ESPN business analyst Andrew Brandt, a former Packers executive, offered his take on the Darrelle Revis situation. Speaking with Ross Tucker on an ESPN podcast, Brandt painted a grim picture, suggesting the Jets are tired of Revis' money grabs and want to send him packing.

"I don't think this kid is ever going to be happy, financially," Brandt said. "I think he and his representation have made it clear to the Jets and probably anyone else who asks, it's not enough to be the highest-paid cornerback in the NFL today or even NFL history. They're into this whole 'premier player' negotiations, which has worked for two players.

"It worked for Chris Johnson -- although Adrian Peterson went past that -- and it worked for Larry Fitzgerald, where you're not compared to the market. This is their argument: Forget what cornerbacks make; he wants to be paid like the best players.

"I just sense this is never going to stop with Revis. Forget the fact that he's hurt all year; this is going to be an issue and I sense the Jets have known this for a while and they might as well try to get some value before he turns free agent a year from now. I sense this is going to be a recurring issue, into the year, and that's why they want to move it. They just want to get this off the team."

Brandt, who said he knows John Idzik very well, weighed in on the Jets' decision to hire him as general manager. He acknowledged that he recognizes Idzik as more of a cap guy than a talent evaluator, but Brandt was in favor of the move.

"Two things sort of suggest that maybe this is the right move for the Jets," he said. "He does have some scouting background in his background, highly recommended by John Schneider, who is the well-respected general manager of the Seahawks. Number two, let's be frank about this: They're in a mess, cap and contract wise. If you're going to hire a leader of that organization, you'd better have experience handling that kind of stuff."

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

do you watch the jets or just watch them on sportscenter? We had a legit squad in 09 and 10 on both sides of the ball....a legit squad that was good enough to help our loser qb get us to the AFC championship game. Since then all we did is let go of talent bc they weren't contract friendly....and that has got us where now? Exactly...it got us to the point where we gonna let go of revis now and suck for the next 5 years and hope kyle wilson steps up which he wont

Legit squads or garbage team? Please make up your mind. You can't say the Jets have been garbage for years after they clearly were not in very recent memory.

Also, losing a CB won't make the Jets suck for the next 5 years. Not having a legit QB and cap hell will make the Jets sucks forthe next 2 years. If they suck after that it will because of terrible drafting.

I'd open a dialog with Revis' agent right now. If Mevi$ is willing to take an 8-10 mil multi year gig with the Jets no way in hell would I trade him. If his agent starts in the 14 mil+ area I'd start those trade talks fast. There is little doubt he is great and makes this team better, but you can't pay a CB elite QB money ever. Hell they aren't even worth an elite pass rusher in today's game either.

I'd open a dialog with Revis' agent right now.

believe it or not, this is a dialogue. Opening the trade market for Revis, he will get a sense of his market value, from teams other than the Jets. There is a possible but unlikely scenario where he doesn't like what he hears.

Legit squads or garbage team? Please make up your mind. You can't say the Jets have been garbage for years after they clearly were not in very recent memory.

Also, losing a CB won't make the Jets suck for the next 5 years. Not having a legit QB and cap hell will make the Jets sucks forthe next 2 years. If they suck after that it will because of terrible drafting.

ok buddy start hanging on to my every word....we all know the majority of the time the jets have been a garbage - to - mediocre - to a fluke AFC title game......but mostly garbage.

ok buddy start hanging on to my every word....we all know the majority of the time the jets have been a garbage - to - mediocre - to a fluke AFC title game......but mostly garbage.

I'm not hanging on your every word. I'm just pointing out that you are contradicting yourself. You might want to improve on that.

One AFC title game is a fluke... sure, maybe. Two in a row is not.

and u keep missing my point BRO! Im not sayn revis will make us great....I'm sayn the Jets dont give you much to look forward to over the past 30 years so its nice to have a potential HOF on your team for more than 4 years before we trade him off for a bunch of potentials which has never once got us to a superbowl yet!

He also was coming off a 10+ sack season, not an ACL tear. Some of us didn't like that deal from the start. We were killed for it.

Didn't Abraham say he did not want to play for the JETS before he was even traded.

And when the trade happened this was his reaction: "This might be the easiest transition of my life," he said. "It's not like I have to be the main guy. I'm just filling one of the pieces to the puzzle."

Also he was hurt for most of next season. And the Falcons have still not gone to the SB with him on the team. Heck how many playoff games did they win.

My point being given the clouds surrounding Abraham the JETS still got a 1st round pick and they should be able to get a lot more for Revis.

and u keep missing my point BRO! Im not sayn revis will make us great....I'm sayn the Jets dont give you much to look forward to over the past 30 years so its nice to have a potential HOF on your team for more than 4 years before we trade him off for a bunch of potentials which has never once got us to a superbowl yet!

So you'd rather have a once in a lifetime Cornerback on some not terrible but not great teams, rather than 3 or 4 guys who could make this a better team as a whole who could potentially make and win in the playoffs?

Revis has never gotten this team to the Super Bowl either, so you've struck out again.

I'm not hanging on your every word. I'm just pointing out that you are contradicting yourself. You might want to improve on that.

One AFC title game is a fluke... sure, maybe. Two in a row is not.

your worst then my wife....stop being such a girl and checking my every word....you might want to improve on how not to act like a woman....wait you are a woman...duh, my bad

Didn't Abraham say he did not want to play for the JETS before he was even traded.

And when the trade happened this was his reaction: "This might be the easiest transition of my life," he said. "It's not like I have to be the main guy. I'm just filling one of the pieces to the puzzle."

Also he was hurt for most of next season. And the Falcons have still not gone to the SB with him on the team. Heck how many playoff games did they win.

My point being given the clouds surrounding Abraham the JETS still got a 1st round pick and they should be able to get a lot more for Revis.

What he did the following season doesn't have much to do with what the Jets got in the trade. Plenty of people say they won't play for a team again and then show up. I think Osi did it in 2011 or 12, but that could influence his value.

So you'd rather have a once in a lifetime Cornerback on some not terrible but not great teams, rather than 3 or 4 guys who could make this a better team as a whole who could potentially make and win in the playoffs?

Revis has never gotten this team to the Super Bowl either, so you've struck out again.

IF you could guarantee me these guys would actually turn out to be good I'd be open to it...but you cant nor can the Jets therefore its a dumb idea

What he did the following season doesn't have much to do with what the Jets got in the trade. Plenty of people say they won't play for a team again and then show up. I think Osi did it in 2011 or 12, but that could influence his value.

True. But given all the other things going on with Abraham it was good riddance.

"so you've struck out again." ----- i bet you here that all the time in the bedroom, huh buddy...so often you like to use that phrase yourself when talking to other men.

your worst then my wife....stop being such a girl and checking my every word....you might want to improve on how not to act like a woman....wait you are a woman...duh, my bad

First. LOL. Second, isn't a message board for the exchange fo ideas and opinions on something? Well you changed your opinion in a matter of two posts. When I ask you what you really mean, you call me a woman. Well played.

IF you could guarantee me these guys would actually turn out to be good I'd be open to it...but you cant nor can the Jets therefore its a dumb idea

No, I can't make any assurances based on something that hasn't happened. I have witnessed the results of the last 4 or 5 seasons with Revis. Just "because you say so" doesn't make trading Revis a dumb idea. It only makes it a dumb idea if they don't get value, which neither of us know. Can you assure me that if the Jets keep Revis that the Jets will win a Super Bowl or that the chances are even better with him than without him?

"so you've struck out again." ----- i bet you here that all the time in the bedroom, huh buddy...so often you like to use that phrase yourself when talking to other men.

Ah. Back to the insults. An always classy way to join a message board. If you want to stay on topic, I'm all for it. Otherwise find someone else to insult.

First. LOL. Second, isn't a message board for the exchange fo ideas and opinions on something? Well you changed your opinion in a matter of two posts. When I ask you what you really mean, you call me a woman. Well played.

No, I can't make any assurances based on something that hasn't happened. I have witnessed the results of the last 4 or 5 seasons with Revis. Just "because you say so" doesn't make trading Revis a dumb idea. It only makes it a dumb idea if they don't get value, which neither of us know. Can you assure me that if the Jets keep Revis that the Jets will win a Super Bowl or that the chances are even better with him than without him?

Ah. Back to the insults. An always classy way to join a message board. If you want to stay on topic, I'm all for it. Otherwise find someone else to insult.

Im insulting you? Im sorry dear..... Dude get real.... your picking everything apart LIKE A WOMAN DOES...call it insult or call it the truth.....usually when someone says there being insulted its bc they dont like hearing the truth....it is what it is

Im insulting you? Im sorry dear..... Dude get real.... your picking everything apart LIKE A WOMAN DOES...call it insult or call it the truth.....usually when someone says there being insulted its bc they dont like hearing the truth....it is what it is

I don't know where you come from, but around here some of us like women.

and I'm here to tell ya Ive been reading this message board for a loooonnng time, but nothing as prompted me to join in to voice my opinion like this Revis trade rumor has.....so Im aware who knows what there talking about in here, who doesn't who trolls, and who the women are, Carl

oh, and I know who T0m is too

So, what you're saying is that Revis shouldn't be traded because I am a woman? Got it. I never looked at it that way.

and I'm here to tell ya Ive been reading this message board for a loooonnng time, but nothing as prompted me to join in to voice my opinion like this Revis trade rumor has.....so Im aware who knows what there talking about in here, who doesn't who trolls, and who the women are, Carl

oh, and I know who T0m is too

So, what you're saying is that Revis shouldn't be traded because I am a woman? Got it. I never looked at it that way.

lol....its all in fun Carl...don't take everything to heart......at the end of the day I just wana see my Jets win like you do....just tired of the dumb front office moves that usually result in crap

lol....its all in fun Carl...don't take everything to heart......at the end of the day I just wana see my Jets win like you do....just tired of the dumb front office moves that usually result in crap

Ah c'mon, what kind of attitude is that to take.

Just when you were on a role

I have no problem with having a difference of opinion and I agree about the front office. I hope the new guy is better than Tanny. We'll see.

Any chance you want to hold hands and frolick?

I have no problem with having a difference of opinion and I agree about the front office. I hope the new guy is better than Tanny. We'll see.

Any chance you want to hold hands and frolick?

yea will see...either way I cant help but turn the friggen game on every week so Woody wins regardless.......

Any chance you want to hold hands and frolick?---yes, i thought you would never ask!

Archived