The All Revis Trade Discussion Threads are the Same Discussion Thread - MERGED NUMEROUS TIMES

jetfan718

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've gone through all 19 pages and didnt see the one actual reason why Revis should and will be traded. THINK ABOUT IT PEOPLE! Revis will be traded because the Jets do not have depth at any position on the football field.

Everyone's concentrating on how Revis got injured and how the jets dropped the ball on the contract so on and so forth. Everyone in the media is concentrating on the bad and have not talked about the good on how Antonio Cromartie just made this trade much easier given his probowl performance. Wilson is a bust based on how high he was picked but bottomline is that he is a good #3 and a slightly decent #2. Nonetheless, if trading Revis means that we can solidify our LB corp or get our OG situation corrected or even adding depth behind starters then this would be great.

We had a terrible year because we didnt have any depth on the football team. Players and draft picks for Revis is a no brainer. Revis is the greatest Jet I've ever seen play and that says alot because he's been beast for only 3 years, but those were great years. Trade him, and think about the betterment of the football team and the direction you're trying to go into. Not some legacy of one players individual achievement which will mean nothing when the team as a whole isnt progressing with its current "greatest jet".

I like Revis, but I love my Jets.

this isnt that complicated.you try to resign revis,multi year, top cb payment.he deserves it.period.if not,explore trade options.if the trade value is not there,keep him and hopefully get a 3rd comp pick.gm 101

I've gone through all 19 pages and didnt see the one actual reason why Revis should and will be traded. THINK ABOUT IT PEOPLE! Revis will be traded because the Jets do not have depth at any position on the football field.

Everyone's concentrating on how Revis got injured and how the jets dropped the ball on the contract so on and so forth. Everyone in the media is concentrating on the bad and have not talked about the good on how Antonio Cromartie just made this trade much easier given his probowl performance. Wilson is a bust based on how high he was picked but bottomline is that he is a good #3 and a slightly decent #2. Nonetheless, if trading Revis means that we can solidify our LB corp or get our OG situation corrected or even adding depth behind starters then this would be great.

We had a terrible year because we didnt have any depth on the football team. Players and draft picks for Revis is a no brainer. Revis is the greatest Jet I've ever seen play and that says alot because he's been beast for only 3 years, but those were great years. Trade him, and think about the betterment of the football team and the direction you're trying to go into. Not some legacy of one players individual achievement which will mean nothing when the team as a whole isnt progressing with its current "greatest jet".

Next time you go through all 19 pages of a thread, you might want to give reading some of the words on those pages a try.

this isnt that complicated.you try to resign revis,multi year, top cb payment.he deserves it.period.if not,explore trade options.if the trade value is not there,keep him and hopefully get a 3rd comp pick.gm 101

I agree. It really is not complicated. You need to maximize your compensation for him because once he hits the free agent market he is most likely gone. Either sign him or trade him by draft day. No reason to have him for one season on this roster that isnt winning anything.

I just don't agree getting rid of revis will better our team....it is going to put a whole in our back field. I mean c'mon already, what other team in the league has a corner who can shutdown every #1WR in the league? That takes away majority of teams main threat and most teams win nowadays bc of the pass so why lose someone who can't put a big dent in a teams game plan every week. He isi a guaranteed lock at his position...all these potential draft picks were getting for him are just hopes of future success

I just don't agree getting rid of revis will better our team....it is going to put a whole in our back field. I mean c'mon already, what other team in the league has a corner who can shutdown every #1WR in the league? That takes away majority of teams main threat and most teams win nowadays bc of the pass so why lose someone who can't put a big dent in a teams game plan every week. He isi a guaranteed lock at his position...all these potential draft picks were getting for him are just hopes of future success

I think everyone agrees that he is a dynamic player who any team would LOVE to have. The problem is that the Jets cannot prevent him from becoming a free agent thanks to the stupid deal they made with him. Jets are better off getting something that benefits the team over the long run then watching Revis play for one year and walk with nothing in hand. Coincidentally there are 2 or 3 teams that could be a Revis away from a super bowl. That should help the return we get for him.

I think everyone agrees that he is a dynamic player who any team would LOVE to have. The problem is that the Jets cannot prevent him from becoming a free agent thanks to the stupid deal they made with him. Jets are better off getting something that benefits the team over the long run then watching Revis play for one year and walk with nothing in hand. Coincidentally there are 2 or 3 teams that could be a Revis away from a super bowl. That should help the return we get for him.

I see your point and it makes sense, I'm just more bitter to the fact the this circus of a front office the jets have even have us in the position of having to trade revis away.

Revis is asking for what, like 16 million a year? Obviously that's a ton of money. But let's say they can get it down to 15 million. Let's also say Cromartie would fetch a day 2 selection, and Revis would get a first round pick and a day 2 seleciton. Then we're looking at one of 3 scenarios:

1) Keep both corners, who eat up a little over 25 million in cap room between the two of them.

2) Trade Revis for a first round pick and a day 2 pick.

3) Trade Cromartie for a day 2 pick.

So it's basically best corner in the league and another legit #1 corner vs. legit #1 corner, first round pick, second day pick, and approximately 12 million in additional cap room after paying the picks vs. best corner in the league, second day pick, and probably a little under 10 million in additional cap room after paying the pick.

I know I don't like scenario 1. That cap room can net one really high level player or more likely at least two really solid starters if spent appropriately.

Revis is asking for what, like 16 million a year? Obviously that's a ton of money. But let's say they can get it down to 15 million. Let's also say Cromartie would fetch a day 2 selection, and Revis would get a first round pick and a day 2 seleciton. Then we're looking at one of 3 scenarios:

1) Keep both corners, who eat up a little over 25 million in cap room between the two of them.

So it's basically best corner in the league and another legit #1 corner vs. legit #1 corner, first round pick, second day pick, and approximately 12 million in additional cap room after paying the picks vs. best corner in the league, second day pick, and probably a little under 10 million in additional cap room after paying the pick.

I know I don't like scenario 1. That cap room can net one really high level player or more likely at least two really solid starters if spent appropriately.

Scenario 3

Is Revis worth being one of the top 5 paid players in the NFL? No.

The 49ers do not have a CB who can shut down every #1 WR in the league. The Baltimore Ravens do not have a #1 CB who can shut down every #1 WR in the league.

See what I did there? We need an offense and depth, and right about now with our cap situation this team is going to have to make some hard decisions and Revis isnt the type to take a paycut. I dont blame him, what im saying is let someone else pay him and let the Jets build this football team before all of the talent from the other young stars that we have that isnt Revis goes to waste.

I don't think david harris is worth 12 million, and Revis is 100 times better than Harris. But that doesn't mean he's worth 16 Million per year.

I mean Peyton Manning is at 18 Million per year. Hate Mannings playoff mark, but at least the guy has taken his team to the playoffs in almost every single year he plays. He's been a guy whose teams have won 12-13 games or more most of his career.

With Revis the Jets have been 4-12, 9-7, 9-7, 11-5, 8-8.... then got injured in a 6-10 season. Not exactly anything special even as great as he is.

Think about this when it comes to the payroll.

If They Pay Revis $15.5 Million, Cromartie $12 Million, and already pay David Harris 12 million, that's about $40 Million per year for 3 players. 3 players who have never won a division, never been to a super bowl, haven't been to the playoffs in 2 years, and have averaged about 8 wins per year.. Sometimes you have to look at what players you have and who you don't have and what you've done. Spending around 40 million bucks on 3 players who averaged about 8 wins per season over the past 5 seasons isn't close to being worth it.

The 49ers do not have a CB who can shut down every #1 WR in the league. The Baltimore Ravens do not have a #1 CB who can shut don every #1 WR in the league.

See what I did there? We need an offense, and right about now with our cap situation this team is going to have to make some hard decision and Revis isnt the type to take a paycut. I dont blame him, what im saying is let someone else pay him and let the Jets build this football team before all of the talent from the other young stars that we have that isnt Revis goes to waste.

If the jets had some of the players on defense like the 9ers and ravens do, I'd probably wouldn't miss revis that much...but when you got Ed reed and Patrick Willis it's a different story....were not comparing apples to apples here

If the jets had some of the players on defense like the 9ers and ravens do, I'd probably wouldn't miss revis that much...but when you got Ed reed and Patrick Willis it's a different story....were not comparing apples to apples here

Willis makes about $8-9 Million per year with Base + bonus. If Revis wanted $8-9 Million per year base + bonus against the cap, the jets would be dumb not to go for that. But Revis has always wanted to be paid the highest. And it's almost a guarantee he'll want 15-16 Million per year. So is Revis worth Two Patrick Willis's ? Not even close.

Willis makes about $8-9 Million per year with Base + bonus. If Revis wanted $8-9 Million per year base + bonus against the cap, the jets would be dumb not to go for that. But Revis has always wanted to be paid the highest. And it's almost a guarantee he'll want 15-16 Million per year. So is Revis worth Two Patrick Willis's ? Not even close.

I didn't compare Revis to Willis, you did. All I clearly said was if there was other defensive stars like a Reed or Willis on my team maybe I wouldn't miss a Revis as much

I didnt understand this statement above, however, I do understand this. Revis is the best CB in the league, and he's better than half the CB's in the league even without an ACL lol. I totally get this.

What I dont think many Jet fans get is that the Jets do not have the pieces in place like the 9ers and Ravens do across the board because they conducted business wrong, primarily with issuing monster deals, not hitting in the draft, trying to compensate for busts through free agency while giving away draft picks in order to complete trades that didnt turn out well while having coaches and general managers take an extended vacation last offseason. What did the Jets pick up during the offseason last year? I can tell you what the lost. Plaxico Burress, which contributed to the jets being the 2nd best redzone scoring team in league behind megatron and Detriot. I thought that we couldnt to any worse than Schotty and we managed to do so by signing Sparano at our OC when his Miami offense was in the 20's in total offense in the league when he got fired. We signed a back up to Sanchez then a week later traded him off to then pay Denver a couple million and a draft pick to sign Tim Tebow. Not to mention that we had absolutely no depth at any key position on both sides of the ball. Holmes anyone? Keller anyone? Sanchez anyone? OG's anyone? LB's Anyone? We have bigger problems than Darrelle Revis and his "greatness" brother.

Thats the scenario. I understand it and the Jets need room to get going. In order to do that they must do a few things, some of which will be hard decisions. This is less about fruit comparisons and more about the reality for the Jets.

I didn't compare Revis to Willis, you did. All I clearly said was if there was other defensive stars like a Reed or Willis on my team maybe I wouldn't miss a Revis as much

Laron Landry? Trading Revis will give us an opportunity to actually keep Landry while STILL having a legit #1 CB on our team in Antonio Cromartie. I'd rather have a probowler Landry right now than Reed, especially if that means that I still have a probowl #1 CB and I have an opportunity to free up cap and invest in depth and an offense.

Revis isnt bigger than the team. He isnt that important. Let Revis get his money somewhere else if that means we have a shot of putting together some players from what looks like a very good offensive coordinator that we just picked up.

I didnt understand this statement above, however, I do understand this. Revis is the best CB in the league, and he's better than half the CB's in the league even without an ACL lol. I totally get this.

What I dont think many Jet fans get is that the Jets do not have the pieces in place like the 9ers and Ravens do across the board because they conducted business wrong, primarily with issuing monster deals, not hitting in the draft, trying to compensate for busts through free agency while giving away draft picks in order to complete trades that didnt turn out well while having coaches and general managers take an extended vacation last offseason. What did the Jets pick up during the offseason last year? I can tell you what the lost. Plaxico Burress, which contributed to the jets being the 2nd best redzone scoring team in league behind megatron and Detriot. I thought that we couldnt to any worse than Schotty and we managed to do so by signing Sparano at our OC when his Miami offense was in the 20's in total offense in the league when he got fired. We signed a back up to Sanchez then a week later traded him off to then pay Denver a couple million and a draft pick to sign Tim Tebow. Not to mention that we had absolutely no depth at any key position on both sides of the ball. Holmes anyone? Keller anyone? Sanchez anyone? OG's anyone? LB's Anyone? We have bigger problems than Darrelle Revis and his "greatness" brother.

Thats the scenario. I understand it and the Jets need room to get going. In order to do that they must do a few things, some of which will be hard decisions. This is less about fruit comparisons and more about the reality for the Jets.

Exactly, so why are you even comparing us to the 9ers and Ravens for, brother!

Laron Landry? Trading Revis will give us an opportunity to actually keep Landry while STILL having a legit #1 CB on our team in Antonio Cromartie. I'd rather have a probowler Landry right now than Reed, especially if that means that I still have a probowl #1 CB and I have an opportunity to free up cap and invest in depth and an offense.

Revis isnt bigger than the team. He isnt that important. Let Revis get his money somewhere else if that means we have a shot of putting together some players from what looks like a very good offensive coordinator that we just picked up.

who the hell wants a shot of putting together some players in exchange for an absolute dominant player? thats all it is, is a shot......you said yourself just above "Jets do not have the pieces in place like the 9ers and Ravens do across the board because they conducted business wrong, primarily with issuing monster deals, not hitting in the draft"...so do you think this new GM is gonna change our history of screwing up? Now were gonna start hitting in the draft? Or we gonna end up with another Terminator? I can see us looking on paper what we let Revis go for in 3 or 4 years from now and kicking ourselves!

I did, and I felt like there was obviously something to add...so I did. Does this bother you?

Was it so unclear that I was busting your balls? I mean come on, you actually went out of your way to let everyone know you were going to be blessing us all with something the rest of us were apparently too stupid to come up with on our own, and then proceeded to make the same exact point that countless people had been making, not only throughout this thread, but in numerous other threads in which this debate has been ongoing for weeks now.

http://www.cbssports...ble-revis-trade

One NFL general manager called the trade interest in Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis “one of the biggest potential trade markets for a player ever.” He likened the growing interest in Revis to when Reggie White was leaving Philadelphia as a free agent or the Peyton Manning sweepstakes last year. That, basically, says it all about what's happening with Revis.

The possibility of a Revis trade, first reported by CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora, is no longer just a possibility, according to a variety of sources. The Jets are strongly leaning toward the trade and teams are considering giving up significant capital to get him.

"There's a Revis gold rush forming,” said a general manager.

The teams highly interested in Revis are looking at teams like the Seahawks and the two Super Bowl participants and how despite this being an offense-driven league now, defenses still can dramatically and quickly change a team's fortune.

Several team sources are claiming the Jets want a first- and second-round pick for Revis, which is astronomical payment considering Revis -- while one of the best players in all of football -- is coming off knee surgery and will want a hefty contract.

The Jets won't get a one and two (no way), but teams think the Jets can get a nice gaggle of picks and a player.

Sources say one of the teams highly interested is the New England Patriots, but not even the Jets, who have made some screwy decisions over the years, would trade Revis to the division-rival Patriots and, in the process, hand them a Super Bowl.

Other teams highly interested, I'm told, are Denver, San Francisco, Buffalo (not happening -- division rival), and even Seattle, which already has some of the best defensive backs in the game. One team also constantly mentioned by league sources is Green Bay, though the Packers, possessors of one of the best front offices in all of sports, usually don't give up high-round picks.

So the race to get Revis is on.

Who will win?

maybe we'll get lucky and get one team to act irrationally and give us a lot more than we could have ever expected

The one team that jumps out is the Broncos. Champ Bailey probably cost them a Super Bowl berth. But really they already have a huge cap number on Manning. But he has a very limited window. They might load us up on draft picks and worry abotut 2013 instead of the future.

The one team that jumps out is the Broncos. Champ Bailey probably cost them a Super Bowl berth. But really they already have a huge cap number on Manning. But he has a very limited window. They might load us up on draft picks and worry abotut 2013 instead of the future.

broncos have revis and the ravens never have a chance to win that game

Archived