The All Revis Trade Discussion Threads are the Same Discussion Thread - MERGED NUMEROUS TIMES

jetfan718

Willis makes about $8-9 Million per year with Base + bonus. If Revis wanted $8-9 Million per year base + bonus against the cap, the jets would be dumb not to go for that. But Revis has always wanted to be paid the highest. And it's almost a guarantee he'll want 15-16 Million per year. So is Revis worth Two Patrick Willis's ? Not even close.

oh good back to football. Yeah David Harris is the most overpaid player in football after Sanchez.

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a pass happy league a probowl CB in his prime with a good contract is worth a 2nd.

I think CB is really highly valued right now. There are four or more teams that would be playing this Sunday if they had either Cro or Revis (Broncos, Atlanta, Green Bay, Houston and you could even say the Saints would be vastly improved with either one, Pats - but they are in our division). If you are one player away, and your teams window is short, then you overpay for the one player you need. I have to think its a great environment for the Jets to get a lot for either one of these guys. You are not getting a guy like either one of these two in free agency or in the draft.

Lets assume you could get a first for Cro and for Revis you could get a first this year and a first next year. That would potentially bring the Jets 3 ones this year and two next year. That could seriously load this team up with talent. Especially if you trade one of those ones this year for a one next year (stronger draft class next year). Also it frees up a ton of money for any free agent fillers you might need. Rex has been good at making CB's play above their ability (see Fabian Washington and others in Balt or even Kyle Wilson this year)

Lets assume you could get a first for Cro and for Revis you could get a first this year and a first next year. That would potentially bring the Jets 3 ones this year and two next year. That could seriously load this team up with talent. Especially if you trade one of those ones this year for a one next year (stronger draft class next year). Also it frees up a ton of money for any free agent fillers you might need. Rex has been good at making CB's play above their ability (see Fabian Washington and others in Balt or even Kyle Wilson this year)

If they trade back in the draft and get more picks and future picks it could turn the team around in a few years. Hopefully the new GM (to lazy to look at the proper spelling) well do it right. This could make our break the team.

I didnt understand this statement above, however, I do understand this. Revis is the best CB in the league, and he's better than half the CB's in the league even without an ACL lol. I totally get this.

The elephant in the room here is that Revis is actually kind of overrated, even if he is the best corner in the league. Half the forum thinks Revis is the greatest ever and will return an embarrassment of riches in trade and the other half thinks Revis is the greatest ever and shouldn't be traded at all. It seems to have totally escaped everyone that we're talking about a player whose performance has declined for three years running. In 2009 he had one of the best seasons anybody has ever had, but in 2010 he had the hamstring coming off the holdout and started giving up touchdowns, 2011 started out great (3.9 Y/A; 68% success rate over the first half of the season) but dropped off down the stretch (7.8 Y/A; 56% success rate over the second half), and last year he got hurt again. At this point my guess is that Idzik gets an offer he can't refuse, but nobody is happy about what such an offer actually entails.

If they trade back in the draft and get more picks and future picks it could turn the team around in a few years. Hopefully the new GM (to lazy to look at the proper spelling) well do it right. This could make our break the team.

I agree 100%. I was just assuming what the Jets could get for Revis and/or Cro. If after free agency three of those teams that need a CB still dont have one, then the price could go up from there. Also maybe a team with a higher pick like the Saints or Bucs get involved. Trading those two could turn out to be a combined Herschel Walker type of a situation where the Jets get a whole lot of good picks. But again, then we just need to draft right. Hopefully we can do that. (fingers crossed) lol

haha sorry i just dont want to get into a huge debate about it but i think the past couple super bowls are evidence enough that defense still wins championships.. amongst other things

Even if you believe that, how do you not see that we already have defense? Without Revis, they were the number 2 pass defense in the NFL. You wouldn't trade moving that to #1 for even a capable offense?

I think those guesses as to what the Jets could get are high, but even if you could get that much, you'd want to spend at least one of those #1's on a new CB, and hope he'd be close to Cromartie.

Trading one of them is good business, but I think trading both is a little reckless.

The elephant in the room here is that Revis is actually kind of overrated, even if he is the best corner in the league. Half the forum thinks Revis is the greatest ever and will return an embarrassment of riches in trade and the other half thinks Revis is the greatest ever and shouldn't be traded at all. It seems to have totally escaped everyone that we're talking about a player whose performance has declined for three years running. In 2009 he had one of the best seasons anybody has ever had, but in 2010 he had the hamstring coming off the holdout and started giving up touchdowns, 2011 started out great (3.9 Y/A; 68% success rate over the first half of the season) but dropped off down the stretch (7.8 Y/A; 56% success rate over the second half), and last year he got hurt again. At this point my guess is that Idzik gets an offer he can't refuse, but nobody is happy about what such an offer actually entails.

I was going to look up the PFF and FO stuff, as I remember the significant decline last year, which was masked by how insanely well Cro closed out the season, but was too lazy. Thanks for looking it up. At this point, as much as I love Revis, if you get an offer of two first rounders, I think you have to take it. He's most likely not going to get back to that 2009 level and paying him as if that's his base-level of performance, which 16 mill per would be, is just foolish. If you get two firsts, I say you jump on it, considering the amount of cap room would allow the team flexibility to possibly get an OG and RT in free agency, allowing us to go straight BPA in the draft.

who the hell wants a shot of putting together some players in exchange for an absolute dominant player? thats all it is, is a shot......you said yourself just above "Jets do not have the pieces in place like the 9ers and Ravens do across the board because they conducted business wrong, primarily with issuing monster deals, not hitting in the draft"...so do you think this new GM is gonna change our history of screwing up? Now were gonna start hitting in the draft? Or we gonna end up with another Terminator? I can see us looking on paper what we let Revis go for in 3 or 4 years from now and kicking ourselves!

Yeah, I think this GM has a chance of changing that history. What would be the point of hiring him if they thought that he'd continue down the road of the Tannedoom years?

Furthermore, what would be the point of keeping everything the way it is as if the team is prepared to make a run when its obvious they're not? Like I said, (and please read) the Jets are going to have to make some hard decisions moving forward if they want to retool this team.

Of course I want Revis to stay, but that isnt the point. We got locked into this Sanchez deal and cant get out of it and we need to find ways to free up cash for guys that can play different positions. The best spot that we have to change is our secondary because we have enough talent there to do so. Seems like you just like Revis and want him to stay. Thats understandable, but it'll be a stupid move to not make the changes where you can in order to satisfy other holes when we already know that we have 2 #1 CB's on this team a solid Safety core and depth is our problem. You trade him.

Was it so unclear that I was busting your balls? I mean come on, you actually went out of your way to let everyone know you were going to be blessing us all with something the rest of us were apparently too stupid to come up with on our own, and then proceeded to make the same exact point that countless people had been making, not only throughout this thread, but in numerous other threads in which this debate has been ongoing for weeks now.

I've been tucking my balls in as of late so yeah that was a bit unclear lol. I wasnt on numerous other threads because I havent been on here that much. I am however glad that I was able to put this sitation to rest for you guys! lol

Yeah, I think this GM has a chance of changing that history. What would be the point of hiring him if they thought that he'd continue down the road of the Tannedoom years?

Furthermore, what would be the point of keeping everything the way it is as if the team is prepared to make a run when its obvious they're not? Like I said, (and please read) the Jets are going to have to make some hard decisions moving forward if they want to retool this team.

Of course I want Revis to stay, but that isnt the point. We got locked into this Sanchez deal and cant get out of it and we need to find ways to free up cash for guys that can play different positions. The best spot that we have to change is our secondary because we have enough talent there to do so. Seems like you just like Revis and want him to stay. Thats understandable, but it'll be a stupid move to not make the changes where you can in order to satisfy other holes when we already know that we have 2 #1 CB's on this team a solid Safety core and depth is our problem. You trade him.

I just don't see us getting anything more than a 1st and 3rd for Revis and I can't comfortably say that the Jets will use those picks correctly. History shows the Jets won't. Why risk a future hall of famer for that? Just makes no sense to me. The priority for Idzik should be negotiating w Revis to find ways so he can be here for the long term rather than finding ways to ditch him.

I just don't see us getting anything more than a 1st and 3rd for Revis and I can't comfortably say that the Jets will use those picks correctly. History shows the Jets won't. Why risk a future hall of famer for that? Just makes no sense to me. The priority for Idzik should be negotiating w Revis to find ways so he can be here for the long term rather than finding ways to ditch him.

He should do both. Negotiate with Revis on an extension. But if Revis' demands aren't reasonable, get maximum value back for him in a trade. Worst case scenario, IMHO, is Revis playing out his deal this year and walking. Idzik needs to wrap this up one way of another before the draft.

He should do both. Negotiate with Revis on an extension. But if Revis' demands aren't reasonable, get maximum value back for him in a trade. Worst case scenario, IMHO, is Revis playing out his deal this year and walking. Idzik needs to wrap this up one way of another before the draft.

Yes, I agree. That would sting a lot more if he was to walk out and we were left with nothing next year. Guess its a huge gamble no matter which way it goes from here.

My contact, who shall remain nameless, says that if the Jets trade Revis they will expect to be very well compensated by the other team. Otherwise they will probably not trade Revis. Said no way jose will they let him go for cheap.

jesus man, how many namelesss contacts do you have?

jesus man, how many namelesss contacts do you have?

It's the same nameless person. He's privy to some information.

He said that it would be like insane if the Jets did not even listen to trade offers on Revis, and that alot of teams will be interested. One of the teams that may be interested is the Steelers, but also everyone else that is relevant.

the team that would take Revis supposedly would be close to a super bowl. Let's say it's denver. And let's say Denver gives us their first. this year that pick is at 27. next year if they actually win the SB it would be lower. Trading Revis for a late 1 ... yay.

or let's imagine the Eagles want Revis. They pick at 4. Ya know who the Eagles were gonna take there? Dee Milliner. Trading Revis for a crack at a much worse corner. What is the upside?

It's the same nameless person. He's privy to some information.

He said that it would be like insane if the Jets did not even listen to trade offers on Revis, and that alot of teams will be interested. One of the teams that may be interested is the Steelers, but also everyone else that is relevant.

I kinda feel like I'm getting the same info you are....Except I get all of my notes from this place.

the team that would take Revis supposedly would be close to a super bowl. Let's say it's denver. And let's say Denver gives us their first. this year that pick is at 27. next year if they actually win the SB it would be lower. Trading Revis for a late 1 ... yay.

or let's imagine the Eagles want Revis. They pick at 4. Ya know who the Eagles were gonna take there? Dee Milliner. Trading Revis for a crack at a much worse corner. What is the upside?

I hadn't considered Philly as a trading partner because they have a stacked secondary (on paper at least), Plus they need OL help in the worst way.

1. Trade Revis for 2013 1st, 2013 3rd, 2014 2nd.

2. Identify quarterback prospect from 2013 or 2014 draft.

3. Use additional picks to get that quarterback.

My contact, who shall remain nameless, says that if the Jets trade Revis they will expect to be very well compensated by the other team. Otherwise they will probably not trade Revis. Said no way jose will they let him go for cheap.

Sweet! I feel much better now. Thanks Manish!

Archived