Is McElroy the latest Jets snitch?

shhwagah

What has happened so far: 

Dan Leberfeld of Jets Confidential (@jetswhispers) posted a link to a story where he wonders why Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News and others were interviewing Greg McElroy when it was already reported that he was “out” of the quarterback competition. The story also included a picture of Mehta alone interviewing McElroy in the Jets locker room. The very obvious insinuation was that those talking to McElroy were looking for information from a disgruntled employee.

Meanwhile, at roughly the same time, Mike Freeman of CBS Sports (@realfreemancbs) released a small blurb within a story which said, “This from a Jets player, who asked not to be identified: “Everyone on the team likes Mark personally but there’s a general feeling among some of the players that maybe it’s time to give someone else a chance.” The player went on to say that he estimates that 80-90 percent of the team feels the same way he does.”

I'm not buying into it 100%, but you have to wonder how much the Jets top brass is paying attention to this, if at all. Maybe this is also tied to the reassigning of Mehta? Damn, I really wish there were more reporters to report on reporter issues. That's the real circus. 

Hasn't he made comments and "snitched" since we first got him? I don't see this as any news. The dude has big mouth, I wish he put more energy in surpassing our under achieving starting qb.

What was so surprising or earth shattering about what the anonymous player said? Quite frankly, Idzik could very well have been the one who said it. Sanchez' days as a starting QB are over. Period. He might get one or two starts at the beginning of the season because there's really no one else, but expect to see the Geno Smith era begin sooner rather than later.

I don't care who said that. The fact is, is that the great Sanchez experiment is over. Also, I think Rex Ryan's days as a head coach are over. The fact that he's still here this year is probably just a formality. Another 6-10 finish (let's face it, we'll be lucky to get that this year) and the fans will turn against him, and therefore, Woody will too.

By the way, if Geno Smith shows some promise and the Jets D is good after spending so many #1 picks for DL and CB (let's not forget about Kyle Wilson), and the Jets end up at 6-10, I'd be happy. At least the ship will be heading in the right direction.  

Snitches are only a team problem if they're lying.

I'm sure every team has their share of problems but you don't see other players talking to the press about it.

By the way, if Geno Smith shows some promise and the Jets D is good after spending so many #1 picks for DL and CB (let's not forget about Kyle Wilson), and the Jets end up at 6-10, I'd be happy. At least the ship will be heading in the right direction.  

If Geno Smith shows promise and the defense is good, the Jets could easily finish better than 6-10.

He does it because Rex didn't give him a fair shake. Jets need every young player to see the field so we fans can determine for them what happens, and McElroy was basically thrown in with no chance.

He got to play, if he was a winner he wouldn't have got sacked and all our weapons would look like the pro bowlers they can be. All you need is a QB and you taught me the rest falls into place.

He got to play, if he was a winner he wouldn't have got sacked and all our weapons would look like the pro bowlers they can be. All you need is a QB and you taught me the rest falls into place.

You bring up a good point. McElroy failed because he had no Weaponz and therefore was not weaponized to success. They needed to attach a rocket launcher to that knife to make it work. It's just Science.

He does it because Rex didn't give him a fair shake. Jets need every young player to see the field so we fans can determine for them what happens, and McElroy was basically thrown in with no chance.

McElroy was given the same shot as Sanchez was given last year against a not so great team. He's just not very good.

You bring up a good point. McElroy failed because he had no Weaponz and therefore was not weaponized to success. They needed to attach a rocket launcher to that knife to make it work. It's just Science.

QB is the only weapon. You can fill the rest of the offense with 10 street urchins for all I care. A winner is going to win

McElroy is everything they say he is as a QB: smart, decent accuracy, but no arm strength for ball velocity and down field shots. He's a good back up who got a taste of winning a game last season vs the Cards, and thinks he needs the full time gig now.

He's got Tebow Syndrome: a marginal amount of success when things happen to fall in place perfectly for that success to be achieved, therefore believing one is better than they actually are.

McElroy was given the same shot as Sanchez was given last year against a not so great team. He's just not very good.

Except he wasn't really given the same shot as Sanchez.  For all we know he was concussed with that first sack.  Sanchez has had worse outings and was still handed the ball game after game, season after season.  McElroy was given one start and may very well never see the field again.

I agree he just is not very good, though.

is McElroy below Simms on the depth chart? 

McElroy got one rep in with the 2nd team I believe. Simms got a few in with the 3rd team. By all indications they will rotate reps.

What has happened so far: 

Dan Leberfeld of Jets Confidential (@jetswhispers) posted a link to a story where he wonders why Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News and others were interviewing Greg McElroy when it was already reported that he was “out” of the quarterback competition. The story also included a picture of Mehta alone interviewing McElroy in the Jets locker room. The very obvious insinuation was that those talking to McElroy were looking for information from a disgruntled employee.

Meanwhile, at roughly the same time, Mike Freeman of CBS Sports (@realfreemancbs) released a small blurb within a story which said, “This from a Jets player, who asked not to be identified: “Everyone on the team likes Mark personally but there’s a general feeling among some of the players that maybe it’s time to give someone else a chance.” The player went on to say that he estimates that 80-90 percent of the team feels the same way he does.”

I'm not buying into it 100%, but you have to wonder how much the Jets top brass is paying attention to this, if at all. Maybe this is also tied to the reassigning of Mehta? Damn, I really wish there were more reporters to report on reporter issues. That's the real circus. 

Thanks for signing up here!

Except he wasn't really given the same shot as Sanchez.  For all we know he was concussed with that first sack.  Sanchez has had worse outings and was still handed the ball game after game, season after season.  McElroy was given one start and may very well never see the field again.

I agree he just is not very good, though.

McElroy got the living sh*t beat out of him that game.  He was seeing triple and hearing birdies.  It was seriously the only moment when I thought to myself,  "hey, maybe Sanchez is actually awesome, but the rest of the team sucks".  But then I punched myself in the dick.  And reality came back to me.

McElroy got the living sh*t beat out of him that game.  He was seeing triple and hearing birdies.  It was seriously the only moment when I thought to myself,  "hey, maybe Sanchez is actually awesome, but the rest of the team sucks".  But then I punched myself in the dick.  And reality came back to me.

A line should form for people to take turns punching you in the dick, lest reality escaping you in this manner again.

I'm sure every team has their share of problems but you don't see other players talking to the press about it.

The Giants have one of the chattier locker rooms in the league, from Tiki to Shockey, to Antrell Rolle, to Osi. They bitch constantly, but it's met with a collective shrug.

One last chance for Mehta to stir the sh*t before he left? Leberfeld sort of pisses me off too, wasn't he the one who was picking fights with Bart Scott?

Can't there be someone normal covering this team?

There is a point about who's listening to this chatter though. If Rex really lost the locker room, which some of us assume, someone might want to slip this under the door to his office...at least if it's true.

QB is the only weapon. You can fill the rest of the offense with 10 street urchins for all I care. A winner is going to win

Bullsh*t. The guy throwing the ball is only as good those Weaponizing him. There's totally not rules that dramatically favor the QB position in the NFL right now and greatly benefit the guys catching his passes. Without superstars like Brandon Jacobs, David Tyree, Mario Manningham, Reche Caldwell, Kevin Faulk, David Givens, David Patten, Christian Fauria, Daniel Graham, Ben Watson, and so on and on the Giants and Patriots would never be where they are/were. 

That's what Ryan would have you think. The truth is totally unknowable until we the fans really *see it,* bro! Those 12 sacks only proved that the OL is to blame. 

Bullsh*t. The guy throwing the ball is only as good those Weaponizing him. There's totally not rules that dramatically favor the QB position in the NFL right now and greatly benefit the guys catching his passes. Without superstars like Brandon Jacobs, David Tyree, Mario Manningham, Reche Caldwell, Kevin Faulk, David Givens, David Patten, Christian Fauria, Daniel Graham, Ben Watson, and so on and on the Giants and Patriots would never be where they are/were. 

Isreal wants a reason to bomb Iran? Photoshop some pictures of this kid with Ahmadinejad because Geno Smith is a WMD.

A line should form for people to take turns punching you in the dick, lest reality escaping you in this manner again.

Mmm yea. What, uh...y'know like...what would they be wearing? The people in that line, I mean. That dirty, naughty line. Because it would awful to be, y'know, punched by these people. Like, down there. Please type your response slowly. And with an accent of some kind.

Mmm yea. What, uh...y'know like...what would they be wearing? The people in that line, I mean. That dirty, naughty line. Because it would awful to be, y'know, punched by these people. Like, down there. Please type your response slowly. And with an accent of some kind.

Picture Crusher in a gimp suit

The Giants have one of the chattier locker rooms in the league, from Tiki to Shockey, to Antrell Rolle, to Osi. They bitch constantly, but it's met with a collective shrug.

I think the difference is those guys all do it in a public forum while the Jets all do it behind closed doors except for Rex who says the team is the greatest of all time. Plus for the later guys the Giants did end up winning. Tiki is probably the guy who caught the most crap when was active because he went after Strahan publicly for contract issues but plenty agree with Tiki on that. I still found it funny when Francesa had Shockey on his show and the guy would sleep thru the spots and not show up. It showed how unprofessional he was but was comical because Mike and the Dog would try to make excuses at first until it was clear he was either hungover in an interview or just was never going to call in. 

Archived