Jets Sign Obomanu (MERGED)

Sperm Edwards

The NY Jets announced some rosters move today, they have signed WR Ben Obomanu and released LB Scott Solomon.

Bringing back Obomanu is a sure sign that Jeremy Kerley will not play against the Patriots on Thursday night.  Kerley did not practice today with the Jets.

didn't see this posted

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/85184/practice-report-jets-re-sign-obomanu

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Unlike the Patriots, the Jets are practicing before Thursday's game. 

The new face at practice on Tuesday was newly signed wide receiver Ben Obomanu, who was previously cut when the Jets made their final moves to get the roster to 53. His arrival all but signals that wide receiver Jeremy Kerley (concussion) is not going to play against the Patriots on Thursday. He didn't go Monday or Tuesday after being hit in the head on Sunday. 

To make space for Obomanu, the Jets cut linebacker Scott Solomon

Quarterback Mark Sanchez (right shoulder) was at practice and was throwing left-handed once again, and hasn't departed the team yet to get the second opinion on his injured right shoulder. Sanchez will not play this Thursday against New England, the second straight game he will miss. 

Linebacker Quinton Coples (ankle) was not practicing but worked with the trainers off to the side, an encouraging sign in his rehab after fracturing his ankle in August. Coples hasn't played yet. 

The rest of the Jets who were on the injury report Monday all appeared to be doing work in some capacity, including center Nick Mangold (elbow), tight end Jeff Cumberland (chin), cornerbackDee Milliner (hip), running back Chris Ivory (thumb) and defensive lineman Sheldon Richardson(shoulder).

Obama?? Again?? gtfo.

Sanchez isn't the QB anymore and Geno has no love for Braylon, whose knees are completely shot.  Geno's actually had more time working with Obamanu, who can also help fill Kerley's ST role.  Barring them trusting one of their PS WRs to move up to the active roster, this was the right decision.  In the end, it's still only the #5 WR role, so I'm not sure what the big deal is.  Gates and Spadola are going to be getting the extra work more than whoever they signed, this is just insurance.

If he really is ambidextrous then the OC's he played under missed a great bet.

A right-handed thrower, rolling right, is nearly as accurate as being in the pocket.  Same thing for a left-handed thrower rolling left.

They could confuse the defense big time by designing plays where he seems to start rolling right, then switched up and starts rolling left, switching the ball to his left hand.  DB's would be caught flatfooted.

sanchez should have punked mehta and told him he was still in the running for starting vs pats*....left handed......the headlines would have been hilarious

Did you see Mehta's article the other day after the game? I'm pretty sure the title was some pieced together alliterations that ready like "Boneheaded Buc Ruins Revis Return to Stadium."  It was filled with all pictures of Revis, quotes about and from Revis and then a bunch of fluff degrading the Jets and there win.  It's almost comical at this point.

I've always been impressed by people who have the ability to use their opposite hand without looking completely retarded (like I do when I try to throw or do most anything else left-handed).

To be clear, this is Sanchez we're talking about here.  He looks completely retarded regardless of which hand he is throwing with.

Archived