Premature offense/QB complaints by the usual subjects (merged)

Matt39

I said it after the Bucs game and got reamed for it.  Though I don't see it as arm strength, but accuracy.  And holding the ball wayyyyyyyy too long.  He waits for a receiver to get open, sit, then throws it.  No YAC at all. 

You don't see it as arm strength bc it's not. Matt's stoned. 

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty sure this was Geno's second game. On the road. In the rain.

The rush to be the first to declare the guy sucks is impressive, though.

Right. Because the guys considered the smartest and the bestest on the board werent saying the same things about Mark before he threw an NFL pass

take off the beer goggles

lets just forget the 3 int game for a second

and POS receiver corps

his passes were behind, he left wide open touchdown on field, he holds the ball too long, and he basically is average.  say hello to a long season because we just got beat by the patriots and they suck too.

It was decent I said. I didnt say it was great. He got impatient at the end. There are a million things you could rip him for - but he is a rookie second round pick who prolly shouldnt even be out there right now.

People like you are the reason why everybody hate Jets fans.  You're probably playing with yourself over the excitement that you now get to justify your incessant whining about Geno all offseason.  Can't wait to rush off and create this celebratory thread after that sh*t-show of a game, right?  Well good for you.  This board is in for 10 times of being even more unreadable than usual thanks to folks like you.

If it was possible to give you more rep for this, I would.  Some of the people on this site are just unbearable.  Second game of the kid's rookie year and we have the usual retards whining already.  Un-*******-believable.  Just stupid, stupid people find their way to this site.

Matt, I'm indifferent on Geno still. He shows flashes - but so did Browning Nagle. I would still rather see Matt Simms out there right now. I know the coaches see these guys everyday - but does anyone trust any of these coaches? lol

I'm indifferent too. Our receivers are bad, bad, bad. As bad as it gets. Hill should have never been drafted. Gates blows. Why Braylon isnt here boggles the mind. But Geno left a ton of plays on the field.

wow horrible game. Under threw throw after throw. 2 I know would have been 6! time to pull the plug on the geno experiment. lets start SIMMS! dam I miss Sanchez! Pennington is still a FA right? how bout we bring him back? anyone is better than Geno! gosh!

i'm just joking.

It was decent I said. I didnt say it was great. He got impatient at the end. There are a million things you could rip him for - but he is a rookie second round pick who prolly shouldnt even be out there right now.

ur right - there is a reason he was dropping like a rock on draft day... he is destined to be a back up quarterback with a stupid smerk on his face.

If it was possible to give you more rep for this, I would.  Some of the people on this site are just unbearable.  Second game of the kid's rookie year and we have the usual retards whining already.  Un-*******-believable.  Just stupid, stupid people find their way to this site.

Theres the ignore button or other Jets websites. Free country bud.

I don't see it with geno.. even mayocks highlight play was a late throw

in his defense the game is clearly too quick for him right now and he shouldn't be out there... thank idzik and his groupie T0mShane for the lack of a veteran to start

Leaving wide open touchdowns on the field on simple seam/go routes is the most concerning....his passes die in the air. This was happening prior to the rain.

The deep balls you're speaking of are about "touch" and "timing". When people speak of arm strength it's usually about the amount of zip on throws outside the numbers (usually stop routes) or on deep dig routes over the middle. Not fades or go routes down the seam...which you keep referring to. 

I'm indifferent too. Our receivers are bad, bad, bad. As bad as it gets. Hill should have never been drafted. Gates blows. Why Braylon isnt here boggles the mind. But Geno left a ton of plays on the field.

He sure did. I don't know why Braylon isnt here either. We just need someone who can catch nice safe throws in traffic. I'm not sold on Geno's abilities yet - but like I said earlier, there is no way he should be out there right now. He blew two timeouts, he doesnt have the NFL speed or timing down and he missed wide open guys. 

Geno's arm, like we saw in the preseason..its not good. There's absolutely nothing on his deep throws. No juice, nothing...they die.

The WR's are atrocious. Weapinz dont matter derp derp derp....but, sh*t man...turn on a Packers, Bears, Niners game...and those dudes zip it. Geno's arm looked CHad like on anything over 20 yards.

You're in midseason NBA form

Seriously, a rookie after two regular season games is a bust? My god, just admit you hate the Jets already and you like to see the team lose.

Don't waste your time or energy responding to these clowns.  They are clueless.  To claim that Geno has no arm and that he is terrible just shows how stupid and clueless about football they are.

He's got a good arm, Matt. What you're seeing out there is a QB who doesn't trust his receivers. Without exaggeration, Geno had a better receiving corps in college than he does now.

Maycock made a big deal about Hill being open in the end zone. But how can you trust him?

They need to at a minimum bring back Edwards. Spadola can't catch, so tough titties on the Cinderella story.

The deep balls you're speaking of are about "touch" and "timing". When people speak of arm strength it's usually about the amount of zip on throws outside the numbers (usually stop routes) or on deep dig routes over the middle. Not fades or go routes down the seam...which you keep referring to.

throws it late .. recognizes the opportunity too late... and under throws ... bad

Arm strength is relevant on all of those throws. If you cant hit a receiver 25 yards + in stride its an issue.

I don't see it with geno.. even mayocks highlight play was a late throw

in his defense the game is clearly too quick for him right now and he shouldn't be out there... thank idzik and his groupie T0mShane for the lack of a veteran to start

Yes. His throws were late, he's holding the ball too long and he's still too indecisive. His arm strength, however, is fine. 

Yes.  Lets verbally fellate our QB who has done nothing so far.

Now, Im not a throw the baby out with the bath water guy like some jackwagons here, but the people who think Geno has played well are just as delusional.

throws it late .. recognizes the opportunity too late... and under throws ... bad

Yep, that I can agree on. Which is pretty normal for a rookie in week 2 on a short week in the rain at Foxboro, in Primetime, with the worst group of Receivers in the NFL. 

He also had some major money throws. 

Archived