the most surprising Jets players so far

DRJETS

No doubt it have to be Damon Harrison.  He is becoming a force to be reckon at the interior.  amazingly, this guy was signed as an undrafted free agent last year.   The other unsung hero who is rising with this team is Darrin Wall another undrafted free agent out of Notre Dame.  He will probably start against the Bills.

Show me that please because I havent seen anyone stating that Vlad just needed some time. And if you did I probably just took it as the obvious joke  :winking0001:

No dude. It's a blatant lie. I've been killing Vlad for years. But don't tell anybody. I think I can pull this off.

Vlad is the man!

I told you guys!

Faith and patience, baby!

Eat crow bitches! Eat it!

Proooooo booooowl!

Amirite, Bitonti?! You know it! Me and you, baby! We saw what they all missed. Vlad. The. Man.

Next up, Kyle Wilson and Stephen Hill.

Demario Davis was a second round as was David Harris and it was expected out him especially with his speed.  Damon went undrafted coming from a very small school. 

Davis was not a second round pick.  He was pick #77.  Harris was pick #47.

They were not similar prospects.  Harris was a borderline low first-round prospect who unexpectedly fell some.  Davis, on the other hand, was expected to go in either round 3 or 4 and went in round 3.  

At #77, Davis was considered an intriguing prospect (due to measurables)

At #47, Harris was considered a flat-out steal.

Given some of the flack Davis has received from Jets fans for not being instant-awesome the moment he stepped onto the field, I guess he qualifies as one of the most surprising Jets players so far.

I'd throw Harris in there as a surprising player as well.  He was awful last year & nothing special the year before that.  Got heavy & slow after getting paid.  He's looked better (but still not as good as when he first stole Vilma's job).

Snacks has looked incredible.  As a second year undrafted FA, there's no way  he isn't the biggest surprise.  Nice to see that Vlad should be at least solid for the near future, with plenty of room to get better.

Demario Davis was a second round as was David Harris and it was expected out him especially with his speed.  Damon went undrafted coming from a very small school. 

He was a third round pick, and considered a reach at that spot.  That pick is looking real good right now. 

He was a third round pick, and considered a reach at that spot.  That pick is looking real good right now. 

A lot of people had him going in the 4th, but a lot had him in the 3rd as well (at least among online "experts" who are not NFL GMs charged with the responsibility of making picks).  So he wasn't that much of a reach in the middle of round 3.  Another 15+ picks earlier then he would have been.  But if he was truly known to be a mid-4th level pick or later I do think trader Mike would have at least moved down 5-8 slots to get himself some more pick-pawns to trade at a later date.

And yes Davis looks damn good.  Weren't people already closing the book on him last year? Ridiculous.

A lot of people had him going in the 4th, but a lot had him in the 3rd as well (at least among online "experts" who are not NFL GMs charged with the responsibility of making picks). So he wasn't that much of a reach in the middle of round 3. Another 15+ picks earlier then he would have been. But if he was truly known to be a mid-4th level pick or later I do think trader Mike would have at least moved down 5-8 slots to get himself some more pick-pawns to trade at a later date.

And yes Davis looks damn good. Weren't people already closing the book on him last year? Ridiculous.

TRUE CONFESSION: I said he "sucked."

Archived