Predictions Titans vs Titans

Lego My Lageman

I spent some time on a Titans forum because I havent had the chance to watch them this year. A couple of things that stuck out to me:

People seemed to be really concerned with pass protection.

Some wondering why they are telegraphing the pass so much by always lining up in the shotgun.

Jake Locker is still the inconsistant Jake Locker we know and love, but doing better with progression.

Shonn Greene will not be suit up for the game as well.

Kenny Britt may be traded this week to the Lions since Burleson broke his arm.

I love our chances in this game. Our Dline is going to eat! Both offenses arent world beaters but I think we were all really encourgaged but last weeks record setting performance. I think the Jets take a tough tough game that the final score doesnt indicate how close the game was.

Jets 31

Titans 16

This

Next year were going to have like 12 pick and cap room like crazy

Wish we took a 2014 1st for Revis instead of a 2013, drafted Richardson, and won the drown for the clown prize without having to drown, letting TB do it for us, now that would have been awesome, but I still miss Revis A LOT!

Anyway, I see a tough game here, Locker isn't as fast as Manuel, but he is just as dangerous to take off with it, the Jets need a spy on him every play they don't send the house, Locker will be much more dangerous picking out the hot route also,he seems to be developing into a QB who can anticipate an obvious blitz, and get it out, or get out of there, and pick up yards with his legs.  Chris Johnson is always one missed tackle from 6, and I think he gets a long one this week on us like last year, but not much else.  Game will come down to how many points, and how many turnovers our offense produces.

Titans 16

Jets 17

Folk is the hero late launching another 40+ yard winner late, but this time it's not from a miracle drive, it's a methodical clock killing drive that ends with a Geno kneel down calling TO with 3 seconds left to give Folk the late winner!

Wish we took a 2014 1st for Revis instead of a 2013, drafted Richardson, and won the drown for the clown prize without having to drown, letting TB do it for us, now that would have been awesome, but I still miss Revis A LOT!

Anyway, I see a tough game here, Locker isn't as fast as Manuel, but he is just as dangerous to take off with it, the Jets need a spy on him every play they don't send the house, Locker will be much more dangerous picking out the hot route also,he seems to be developing into a QB who can anticipate an obvious blitz, and get it out, or get out of there, and pick up yards with his legs.  Chris Johnson is always one missed tackle from 6, and I think he gets a long one this week on us like last year, but not much else.  Game will come down to how many points, and how many turnovers our offense produces.

Titans 16

Jets 17

Folk is the hero late launching another 40+ yard winner late, but this time it's not from a miracle drive, it's a methodical clock killing drive that ends with a Geno kneel down calling TO with 3 seconds left to give Folk the late winner!

You never know the Jets may see one of these top players as "the guy" and trade a boat load of picks.

I doubt it though. Not the way to build a team. I know it sounds funny, but we are going to need to draft another db still. Cro is getting older and his replacments arent up to par. The Dline is good for a year probably, but offense and sprinkles on the D next year. I know well be certainly getting a big ticket free agent hopefully Jimmy Graham.

You never know the Jets may see one of these top players as "the guy" and trade a boat load of picks.

I doubt it though. Not the way to build a team. I know it sounds funny, but we are going to need to draft another db still. Cro is getting older and his replacments arent up to par. The Dline is good for a year probably, but offense and sprinkles on the D next year. I know well be certainly getting a big ticket free agent hopefully Jimmy Graham.

Jimmy Graham is not going any where, the Franchise Tag number for a TE is 6 million, you definetly designate him at that price if your the Saints!

Not to mention that the kid who plays for Washington U might actually be better than Graham, he probably will get picked somewhere in the mid teens of the 1st round next year, could be slotted perfectly for where the Jets pick, luckily there is 3 WR's, and 1 TE possibly 2 if the kid from Oregon has a big combine that are all projected as actual top 20 prospects in a very good talented draft unlike this past year when it was nothing but defensive, OL prospects with the occasional offensive positon player taken, the Jets should def be able to get Geno a nice shiny new toy to play with no matter where they pick next year.

Not to mention that the kid who plays for Washington U might actually be better than Graham, he probably will get picked somewhere in the mid teens of the 1st round next year, could be slotted perfectly for where the Jets pick, luckily there is 3 WR's, and 1 TE possibly 2 if the kid from Oregon has a big combine that are all projected as actual top 20 prospects in a very good talented draft unlike this past year when it was nothing but defensive, OL prospects with the occasional offensive positon player taken, the Jets should def be able to get Geno a nice shiny new toy to play with no matter where they pick next year.

The though of the 2014 draft arouses me. I want to get Geno some weaponz. I hope the front office learned from the Sanchez disaster.

Jimmy Graham is not going any where, the Franchise Tag number for a TE is 6 million, you definetly designate him at that price if your the Saints!

Doesn't preclude the possibility of a trade, however.  Jimmy's going to want to get paid, and while he's Brees' favorite weapon, they may have paid Brees too much to be able to afford the luxury of a top TE.

Doesn't preclude the possibility of a trade, however.  Jimmy's going to want to get paid, and while he's Brees' favorite weapon, they may have paid Brees too much to be able to afford the luxury of a top TE.

I honestly think the Jets are out of the trading draft picks for players game, so I wouldn't even think about it, I could be wrong, but I just don't see it with Idzik, the plan seems to be to get as many draft picks as possible, draft 15 kids, make sure the 1st 2 are starters, and hope you nail a diamond in the rough with the other 13, and cut bait with the rest, and if you some how hit on 5, or 6 kids, then you just set yourself up for life as a GM based on 1 draft, that seems to be the plan anyway.

I spent some time on a Titans forum because I havent had the chance to watch them this year. A couple of things that stuck out to me:

People seemed to be really concerned with pass protection.

Some wondering why they are telegraphing the pass so much by always lining up in the shotgun.

Jake Locker is still the inconsistant Jake Locker we know and love, but doing better with progression.

Shonn Greene will not be suit up for the game as well.

Kenny Britt may be traded this week to the Lions since Burleson broke his arm.

I love our chances in this game. Our Dline is going to eat! Both offenses arent world beaters but I think we were all really encourgaged but last weeks record setting performance. I think the Jets take a tough tough game that the final score doesnt indicate how close the game was.

Jets 31

Titans 16

I wonder why they are concerned about pass protection.  Locker has only been sacked 5 times in 3 weeks.  Smith was sacked 9 times in 2 games.  None this week though

If they can't hammer out an agreement, they're definitely going to slap the tag on him, but he has a legitimate case to be tagged as a receiver, so as 80 mentioned, it's possible he could be too pricey for the saints.  However, being Brees' favorite target and the most dominant TE in the game with Gronk out, I don't see how they let him leave. 

Sefarian-Jenkins out of UW is an absolute stud; one of the best inline blockers and catchers in the nation at his position.  Between him, Marqise Lee and Sammy Watkins, the Jets should be in prime place to nab a real difference maker on that side of the ball.

WE DID 2 D. PLAYERS THIS DRAFT THE REST WAS ALL O. I SEE THAT MAYBE GOING THE OTHER WAY NEXT DRAFT

If they can't hammer out an agreement, they're definitely going to slap the tag on him, but he has a legitimate case to be tagged as a receiver, so as 80 mentioned, it's possible he could be too pricey for the saints.  However, being Brees' favorite target and the most dominant TE in the game with Gronk out, I don't see how they let him leave. 

Sefarian-Jenkins out of UW is an absolute stud; one of the best inline blockers and catchers in the nation at his position.  Between him, Marqise Lee and Sammy Watkins, the Jets should be in prime place to nab a real difference maker on that side of the ball.

Yup, and you might be able to throw TE Colt Lyreta from Oregon in that group if he shines at the combine, he is more of the Hernandez type, and Sefarian-Jenkins is in the Gronk mold.

I wonder why they are concerned about pass protection.  Locker has only been sacked 5 times in 3 weeks.  Smith was sacked 9 times in 2 games.  None this week though

Not having watched their games I can't speak on the offensive line, but if they are worried about pass protection and locker hasn't been sacked that much, it's probably because he's a freak athlete, which is often overlooked due to him being white. As most rookies do, he held onto the ball too long his first year or two in the league and if he's mature in that aspect, combined with his athleticism, that could be a good reason for the low sack numbers.  HOwever, if they are indeed worried about the protection, that could be a field-day for our boys.  

the thing that Rex does do very well is make QBs look worse. He has even done it occasionally with Brady and Manning. I feel confident when he goes up against a guy like Locker. Geno is a rook and anything can happen, but I like the Jets chances. They shut Spiller down and he has been a heartache for them--a smaller really fast guy. I think they will do well against CJ.

If we can do exactly what we did against Buff defensively (minus the penalties) we win easy.

27 Jets

13 Titans

My fear is that if we dont start forcing turnovers (we're -6), its gonna bite us in the ass against the better teams on our sched.

It sounded they weren't holding blocks well so their was a need in passing situations to line up in shotgun.  Maybe that's why the numbers aren't as high but I don't know, I haven't watched the Titans this year yet. 

It sounded they weren't holding blocks well so their was a need in passing situations to line up in shotgun.  Maybe that's why the numbers aren't as high but I don't know, I haven't watched the Titans this year yet. 

Me either.

I think they are kind of like the Jets.  Overachieving, smash mouth type of game.  I'd spy locker with either Harris or Davis, and turn Coples Richardson, Snacks, and Mo loose on him.  Some of our fat guys are pretty fast.  If their going to lose, make Locker beat ya.

Archived