49ers vs Rams

DRJETS

I just saw a game note about the Rams. They have not scored in the first quarter, in over 9 games. Something never change with Schotty.

I saw the same stat while watching the game and thought the same exact thing. I'd like to see St. Louis win tonight though it would be great to see San Fran sitting at 1-3.

Niners are going into 2011 Jets mode this season, it happens. It's hard to make deep playoff runs and sustain then when there's key uncertainty on your team, in this case mainly Kaepernick. People just assumed he'd be as good as he was in a small sample size, but things won't prove that easy this year. I wouldn't be surprised if they missed the playoffs; I see Seattle winning the division and the Niners battling with ATL/NO or CHI/GB for one of two WC spots. The question is, when will the Harbaugh on the hot seat talk start? I have a feeling he will be treated better than Rex was in similar circumstances.

Niners are going into 2011 Jets mode this season, it happens. It's hard to make deep playoff runs and sustain then when there's key uncertainty on your team, in this case mainly Kaepernick. People just assumed he'd be as good as he was in a small sample size, but things won't prove that easy this year. I wouldn't be surprised if they missed the playoffs; I see Seattle winning the division and the Niners battling with ATL/NO or CHI/GB for one of two WC spots. The question is, when will the Harbaugh on the hot seat talk start? I have a feeling he will be treated better than Rex was in similar circumstances.

Not sure why, he's just as big of a boob as Rex...but also just down right strange.  Could you imagine how awkward it would to have to spend a significant amount of time with that dude?  He's beyond weird and just as big of a buffoon as Rex, if not worse.

But that team is too loaded to not make the playoffs and they play a cake walk schedule.  Rams and Cards twice.  Jags and Titans.  Bucs and Panthers. Redskins.  Thats 10 wins right there.  

How they don't scheme to get the ball into Austin's hands is beyond me.  You have the most electric player on the field and you've relegated him to running 5 yard outs and run-offs. F*cking schotty.

Haha.  That FG snapped a scoreless 1st quarter streak of like 9 games for the Rams.  Actually, it was all the way back when the Jets beat them last year. 

Ugh, remember those days?

How they don't scheme to get the ball into Austin's hands is beyond me. You have the most electric player on the field and you've relegated him to running 5 yard outs and run-offs. F*cking schotty.

I was reading this week that Austin is being wasted in St Louis, and there's grumbling that the offense is too rigid. Schottenheimer.

Mayock is really, really terrible.

1) He doesn't know when to stop talking. Sometimes, saying nothing is better than saying something.

2) I'm beyond tired of hearing the phrase "If he stays healthy". I mean - seriously, enough Mayock.

3) His lisp is annoying. Sorry, mean, boo hoo, don't care. Annoying.

4) He's not as smart as he thinks he is.

5) Everyone is the greatest player at their position.

6) His constant need to analyze, over-analyze and critique every single play is annoying.

I just saw a game note about the Rams.  They have not scored in the first quarter, in over 9 games.  Something never change with Schotty.   

I would add that their offense looked very promising in week 1 of a new season, and has looked completely pathetic since. Indeed, some things absolutely never change.

I was reading this week that Austin is being wasted in St Louis, and there's grumbling that the offense is too rigid. Schottenheimer.

I've only watched about 6 quarters of Rams football, including this game, and the only time I've seen them scheme to get him the ball was perhaps one bubble screen and maybe a hand-off here or there.  Then I turn the channel and watch what Green Bay does to get Randall Cobb the ball or watch Brady get mini-welker some touches; you'd think you'd want to get the ball in his hands instead of throwing to f*cking austin pettis or chris givens or whoever the hell they've got.  I get he can't take the pounding like some of the other slot guys, but it's reminding me a lot of Desean Jackson's last two years in philly where all he did was run fly patterns all game long.  His scheme may not work for a full season, but give Chip Kelly Austin and I guarantee he's already tripled his yardage compared to what st louis is doing for him.  I hate seeing talented players wasted.

Its possible for two people to both suck at their jobs. Individually. 

Very true, but when you get glimpses of what Austin can do with the ball in his hands it's frustrating to see them do nothing, outside the once a game screen to get him the ball.  Half his targets came on broken plays today. I haven't seen him go in motion or out of the backfield so as to get him matched up with a linebacker; there's so many creative ways to get that kid the ball, just like Kelly is doing with Jackson, and St. Louis is seemingly okay with him just being a decoy the majority of the time.

How they don't scheme to get the ball into Austin's hands is beyond me.  You have the most electric player on the field and you've relegated him to running 5 yard outs and run-offs. F*cking schotty.

I remember when they picked him I knew Schotty would misuse him.  He's totally clueless.

Not sure why, he's just as big of a boob as Rex...but also just down right strange.  Could you imagine how awkward it would to have to spend a significant amount of time with that dude?  He's beyond weird and just as big of a buffoon as Rex, if not worse.

But that team is too loaded to not make the playoffs and they play a cake walk schedule.  Rams and Cards twice.  Jags and Titans.  Bucs and Panthers. Redskins.  Thats 10 wins right there.  

Don't get this statement as he was the QB coach when Rich Gannon won an MVP award,  he turned around a USD college football program, he made Stanford a winner and relevant,  and he took over a 49ers squad that nobody gave a crap since Steve Young was QB.     And while the guy is a bit hard nosed, he's been a very successful head coach wherever he's gone and he's not known to create some circus like Rex.       Rex is one hell of a defensive coach, but other than that, he's clueless and likes to create chaos wherever he goes.   His father was similar.   That act is ok when you win.  When you don't win, people find it annoying.

Don't get this statement as he was the QB coach when Rich Gannon won an MVP award,  he turned around a USD college football program, he made Stanford a winner and relevant,  and he took over a 49ers squad that nobody gave a crap since Steve Young was QB.     And while the guy is a bit hard nosed, he's been a very successful head coach wherever he's gone and he's not known to create some circus like Rex.       Rex is one hell of a defensive coach, but other than that, he's clueless and likes to create chaos wherever he goes.   His father was similar.   That act is ok when you win.  When you don't win, people find it annoying.

You dont get how he's a buffoon?  Starts a fight at mid field with another HC, his completely stupid denial of the Manning pursuit, his constant complaining like a moron to the media about the rules and protecting his QB, this constant attack on a player for another team that any coach in the league would take in a heartbeat, his feud with his star RB, his best player is in rehab - the guy is a total boob and he's just outright strange.

You dont get how he's a buffoon?  Starts a fight at mid field with another HC, his completely stupid denial of the Manning pursuit, his constant complaining like a moron to the media about the rules and protecting his QB, this constant attack on a player for another team that any coach in the league would take in a heartbeat, his feud with his star RB, his best player is in rehab - the guy is a total boob and he's just outright strange.

Yet because he has Colin Kaepernick he's a genius while Rex (who actually has a Super Bowl ring) is a buffoon and moron.  Makes perfect sense.  I give Jim credit for doing more with Alex Smith than his predecessors (then again he's doing pretty well so far with the Chiefs) but beyond that he's completely overrated.

His brother John is way better and far more level-headed.

Yeah - this.

Love how the whole broadcast crew essentially agreed that the Shotty offense was pitiful  - like the Jets offense used to be with him. I used to think Fisher was a sharp football guy ... I can see making the mistake of hiring him but bringing him back for a second year hints at a brains or balls problem.

Archived