Ryan will sacrifice yet another season

DonCorleone

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I put the same question to you. The Jets invested a high pick on Geno. He needs to take his lumps so the Jets can look to see if they need to draft another QB in next year's draft. Matt Simms is not better than Geno or else he'd have been playing since week one.

Then you must be new to football. Ryan and tannenbaum also moved up to draft sanchez. You have no idea how good Simms is and neither does Ryan. He obviously knows nothing about qbs. Hopefully we get a real coach next year...one who understands the most important position on the field. The knock on smith was the interception. That will follow him around as long as he plays

The you must be new to football. Ryan and tannenbaum also moved up to draft sanchez. You have no idea how good Simms is and neither does Ryan. He obviously knows nothing about qbs. Hopefully we get a real coach next year...one who understands the most important position on the field.

Under this logic, Ryan has no idea how good I am.  They should obviously call me up and have me play the 2nd half.

Then you must be new to football. Ryan and tannenbaum also moved up to draft sanchez. You have no idea how good Simms is and neither does Ryan. He obviously knows nothing about qbs. Hopefully we get a real coach next year...one who understands the most important position on the field. The knock on smith was the interception. That will follow him around as long as he plays

Smith was an Idzik pick. That much is obvious so Rex picking Sanchez has nothing to do with it.

Remind me again who picked Simms and also why didn't he get a shot with any other teams? All 32 teams passed on the kid multiple times at various levels of transactions.

Let Geno learn and hopefully grow this season and see what we have in 2014.

Smith was an Idzik pick. That much is obvious so Rex picking Sanchez has nothing to do with it.

Remind me again who picked Simms and also why didn't he get a shot with any other teams? All 32 teams passed on the kid multiple times at various levels of transactions.

Let Geno learn and hopefully grow this season and see what we have in 2014.

In other words, waste 2 more seasons.

Also, do you honestly think this team, no matter who the QB is, is a challenger for a playoff spot? I don't and the Jets are in a transition year both in the front office and at several positions. They'll have lots of picks and cap to go with next season and leaving Geno in for 2013 to see if they go ahead with him in 2014.

They should put in Simms, you simply CANNOT win let alone compete and a more or less equal level with turnovers this frequent, it's ridiculous. This is worse than Sanchez ever was.

on course for 40 turnovers this year. jets fans think anyone that is not sanchez is better. one decent game against bills second stringers and still turned the ball over twice. wake up..if they leave geno in there, he will self destruct as the season goes on. they should have never started him. he was not ready

For the sake of Geno Smith. Meanwhile the better qb is on the bench. We need a coach.

I've been saying that for two years now. Rex sucks and so does Geno. I don't hold the ints against him so much, but it is TOTALLY on him for the fumbles. Unacceptable, except to Rex who will tell us all about "How the young man competed and didn't give up. Obviously."

Oh boy here we go. Haha Now is exactly the time you DONT pull Geno! Now is when you find out what this kid is made of and if he is gonna learn. You put the ball in his hands and see what hes got and if he can understand the importance of taking care of the ball. Theres 12 games left. That gives his 12 games to prove that he gets it, that he can learn from mistakes, that he can become a leader. After 12 games you will know what you have but you cannot quit on this kid now. Not after the little promise he has shown. He makes tough throws, has great composure, a great arm, and heart. He makes bad decisions. Lets see if he can learn before we throw him away.

Oh boy here we go. Haha Now is exactly the time you DONT pull Geno! Now is when you find out what this kid is made of and if he is gonna learn. You put the ball in his hands and see what hes got and if he can understand the importance of taking care of the ball. Theres 12 games left. That gives his 12 games to prove that he gets it, that he can learn from mistakes, that he can become a leader. After 12 games you will know what you have but you cannot quit on this kid now. Not after the little promise he has shown. He makes tough throws, has great composure, a great arm, and heart. He makes bad decisions. Lets see if he can learn before we throw him away.

No more waiting. No more making excuses. We tried that and got Sanchez. Numerous rookie QBs these past few years have proven that NFL experience isn't necessary to succeed in the NFL. It's time to win. I don't care about Geno's confidence. I don't care about a media frenzy that would come with putting Simms in. When your QB gives the opposing team 28 points off of turnovers, you bench him.

No more waiting. No more making excuses. We tried that and got Sanchez. Numerous rookie QBs these past few years have proven that NFL experience isn't necessary to succeed in the NFL. It's time to win. I don't care about Geno's confidence. I don't care about a media frenzy that would come with putting Simms in. When your QB gives the opposing team 28 points off of turnovers, you bench him.

You cant let Sanchez's mistakes reflect on geno man! They are not the same player. Sanchez was making these mistakes in year 4, Geno is making them in year 1 and being asked to do a hell of a lot more. If the mistakes continue in game 12-14 I am on board with maybe thinking about going another direction.

I know its hard to do because of what we put up with for 4 years but it is not fair to blame Geno for Marks mistakes and over react in year 1 because of it.

You don't bench Geno anytime soon.  He is the guy.  He might be a 2nd round pick, but he's Idziks guy for QB.  If they wind up 3-13 and Geno sucks up the joint, maybe they pick another kid next year.   The problem I see is this team will probably wind up 6-10 or something.  And if Geno is really that bad,  they become a team who probably isn't in position to pick one of the top QBs in the draft.   So you go with Geno again or hope somebody else winds up being that 2nd or 3rd round find.   And this is the Jets situation most years it seems.  

They need to improve the team regardless of QB.  The offense stinks.  They OL stinks. The running game stinks. The WRs stink.  The specials teams is nothing to write home about.   So you have a defense is good at times, but at times they seem to give up plays to QBs who actually seem to know how to play.  For me it's up to Idzik to improve this team.  I'm also not buying the "they freed up cap space for free agents" theory because you need a lot of draft picks or cheap free agent signings and then maybe sign 1-2 really good guys to put you over the top.  How many teams sign 5 big free agents?  Many free agents who are at the top of their game go to winners.  Not everybody is like Revis.  Guys who just jump for top dollar, are usually the guys who wind up closer to being free agent busts than making a bad team great.   So if they can't build a winner through the draft,  I'm not buying that they will sign 5+ free agents who turn them from a 6-10 team into a 12-4 team.   

Sanchez threw 5 picks in one game his rookie year, lets not pretend we're in uncharted territory here.

Sanchez threw 5 picks in one game his rookie year, lets not pretend we're in uncharted territory here.

and they are letting geno do way more than they let Sanchez.  With this kind of freedom Sanchez would have set a per game INT total in the double digits.

I really dont see the reason why we didn't let Simms play the 4th.  

You don't let Simms play the 4th, because they organization has zero intent of ever starting him and by doing so, you don't see how Geno reacts to getting smacked in the mouth and you open yourself up for the constant questions of what happens.  You don't think there'd be an endless circus surrounding the team if Simms went 5-7 with 80 yards in garbage time while they play prevent or something? The bottom line is that with an early lead, gregg williams and that defense absolutely threw the sink at Geno and causes some serious issues, they do that to veteran QBs.  Geno had a terrible day, I'll be the first to admit it, but more importantly will be how he bounces back in the ATL and how he responds from there.  If he continues with this amount of turnovers, which results in Jets' losses for another half dozen games without signs of improvement, then you can think about turning to Simms.  You don't turn to Simms until you're ready to write Geno off.

Actually it is worse, much worse.

Please. Smith looked like sh*t but Sanchez has had worse games than this.  The idea that this is MUCH worse than Sanchez's worst is even more ludicrous.

When the Jets defense holds the other team to 13 points in regulation, and our RBs rush for 320 yards, and we still lose because Smith throws 5 picks in an otherwise sure-thing win, then get back to me.

And if Smith has a game like that, with a Sanchize-esque, should-be-impossible, 8.3 passer rating while misfiring on 2/3 of his pass attempts, they should cut him on the spot and leave him on the stadium.

Archived