Winters to start over Ducasse

joewilly12

So I've just got to ask, are you entirely aware that you're only really making arguments against figments of your own imagination?  The things you're talking about don't even have any relevancy to each other.  This is a thread about the failure of the Jets starting LG, and how he is subsequently being benched for it.  It has absolutely nothing to do with Geno Smith.  Furthermore, you are actually the only person trying to make a connection between the two of them.

Everyone else is making the rather succinct point (in direct response to you) that Geno has been miserable, but his failures in absolutely no way excuse Vlad for his 3 and 1/2 years of failures.  Yet you continue to go on about Geno, acting as if you're somehow proving a point when you're the only person making that inexplicable and irrelevant connection.

who are you the relevancy police? we are talking about the Jets. and the problem with the Jets ain't vlad. 

It's infantile.

He was dead wrong about Ducasse, who marginally won the job over an injured 3rd round rookie and a guy who is out of the league.  After week 2, bit came here to gloat about it with incessant I-told-you-so's after Ducasse's one mostly-good game.  Everyone here was supposed to tell him how right he was all along.  

Now it seems all it was was one good game (minus getting beat badly on a passing play on like our own 5).  He's getting replaced by a rookie.  And all bitonti can say about it is to pretend this thread about Ducasse has nothing to do with Ducasse by deflecting and take shots at a different player at a different position.

The rest of us don't give a crap other than we're all pissed off the team drafted this waste of roster space in round 2 and then kept him around for 4 years.

Vlad is still the backup at every position except center. When not if Colon gets injured he'll be right back in the lineup. 

believe it or not Sperm I've made enough good calls to disagree with that assessment. But you guys don't start threads about that. 

And why would we? It's JetNation.com, not ProspectsBitontiDidNotGetCompletelyWrongWeShouldAllHarpOnHowAwesomeTheyAreYearAfterYearNation.com.

Meanwhile this wasn't a thread about Geno Smith either.  It had 100% nothing to do with Smith.  But you are so insecure you have to troll every thread where Ducasse's name is mentioned, and make up straw man arguments about others to make yourself feel better.  Is it just a defense mechanism? 

the problem with the Jets ain't vlad. 

Really? So his inability to keep the pass rush off a QB in his 4th NFL game wasn't a problem? You should switch to picking out the potential new talent in NASCAR. Might find a more agreeable audience. 

I don't disagree that VD had to sit, but aside from wondering whether Winters will be a step up (guess we're about to find out!), I kind of see this as Rex HAVING to sit him.  He had to do something, and he still has yet to show he's willing to hold his Qb to a reasonable standard of accountability.

TO BE CLEAR I do not mean to say the Jets should sit Smith.  He deserves at least one more start.  What I am saying is the pressure Rex is feeling about Smith made this move inevitable.

Also to be clear, does that mean I expect Winters to play worse than VD?  No, not that either.  I;m just talking bout the politics and optics.

In fact I kind of expect if he's healthy that Winters will be an upgrade.  Maybe not in run blocking, but in penalties and pass blocking.  I certainly hope so, since those were not what one would call the strong points of VD's game.

who are you the relevancy police? we are talking about the Jets. and the problem with the Jets ain't vlad. 

No, we're talking about the change being made at the LG position, which features Winters and Ducasse, the two guys named in the thread title.  That's the whole reason why there are threads, to have different areas to talk about different topics regarding the Jets.  Even if we choose to dismiss that, it still doesn't do much to explain why you're formulating an argument against a point only being brought up by you.  That one is still a head-scratcher to me.

it's the reverse jinx. if players I support stink like Drob, Gholston and now Vlad, then for the good of the team I should bash Geno as much as possible. You're welcome. 

did you miss the game? The video highlights are available on NFL.com.  Warning don't eat lunch while you are watching however.

start making threads now, it'll be fun

No, we're talking about the change being made at the LG position, which features Winters and Ducasse, the two guys named in the thread title.  That's the whole reason why there are threads, to have different areas to talk about different topics regarding the Jets.  Even if we choose to dismiss that, it still doesn't do much to explain why you're formulating an argument against a point only being brought up by you.  That one is still a head-scratcher to me.

Sigh i confuse myself sometimes. Maybe I should just sit a couple plays out. 

One of the surprises from training camp was the play of offensive lineman Vladimir Ducasse.  He was selected by the Jets in the 2nd round of the 2010 NFL draft and he was very inconsistent in his first two seasons.  He moved around from tackle to guard and struggled, especially with the mental aspects of the game.  This training camp he was impressive though and won the starting left guard position.  The Jets ended up releasing Stephen Peterman who was thought to be the leading candidate for that job.

The Jets have been plagued by penalties so far this season, and one of the main culprits has been Ducasse.  It looks like his time as a starter has come to an end.

The 6’4″ 320lb Winters played his college football at Kent State.  Here is some additional information on Brian Winters from draft day.  Winters was a tackle in college but was projected to be a guard in the NFL.

Hey if the pass protection improves and Geno still stinks I can't wait to find out who the Geno-lovers blame. probably society. it can't be Geno's fault because he's learning with every fumble and interception. Learn-terceptions. 

great point.   Most well run organizations make franchise decisions 4 games into a rookie QB's career.   

Archived