Goodson OUT for season.

Integrity28

I said yesterday during the game, "Goodson was worth the wait".  He was so impressive, really just seemed like a much better football player than Joe McKnight.  Tough break.  Man this guy is having a rough year.  Hopefully he can stay focused and come back stronger.

Who knows.  He had a couple of nice plays, but other than that, he was a non factor.  If he had a Reggie Bush like game with over 150 yards receiving and rushing, I'd consider it a huge loss.  But at this point, the guy has barely played in his entire NFL career, so it sucks for him as a person, but for the Jets,  who knows as he wasn't much of a factor in any of their games so far and he wasn't a factor for the Panthers or Raiders before that.  So it's more along the lines of dream wishing over wow we just lost a 150+ yards Rushing/Receiving kind of player.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am because if they had listened to me and drafted Lacy, kept their 4th rounder, and drafted a QB i 4th we would not be in this situation.  I would also have taken a WR with one of those picks.

Granted we would be beating up sanchez on this board right now but we would be in better shape to go after one of the better QB in 2014 and provide a little help with Lacy, OL, and WR from 2013 and another WR in 2014

What situation? Goodson was our #3 RB... you mean to tell me that things became dire for us when we lost Goodson for the season, a guy who has had maybe 10 total touches in 2 games?

Your plan would have been to what? Draft Lacy in the 2nd? Keep the 4th we spent on Ivory and use it on a QB?

In this scenario, we'd have Powell, Lacy and an hurt Goodson (still the same "situation"), and our QB would probably be Tyler Wilson, since he's the QB who was taken with the 4th we traded away for Ivory.

Meaning we'd have a equally averaging running game - and no QB at all. 

Good plan. Definitely smart.

Green sucks he couldn't make the pass happy Green Bay Packers he gives us nothing.

actually, in a rebuilding year, taking players from dynamic offenses can lead to hidden gems.  what makes me lol is teams taking jets scraps like spadola

green just got here after 2nd cuts, give him 20 touches and I bet your a fan

What situation? Goodson was our #3 RB... you mean to tell me that things became dire for us when we lost Goodson for the season, a guy who has had maybe 10 total touches in 2 games?

Your plan would have been to what? Draft Lacy in the 2nd? Keep the 4th we spent on Ivory and use it on a QB?

In this scenario, we'd have Powell, Lacy and an hurt Goodson (still the same "situation"), and our QB would probably be Tyler Wilson, since he's the QB who was taken with the 4th we traded away for Ivory.

Meaning we'd have a equally averaging running game - and no QB at all. 

Good plan. Definitely smart.

Yes that is exactly what I am saying but maybe you are right and we are better off with a QB that could not hit the side of a barn from10ft and a running back that is made of glass instead of ivory and an 10 million dollar QB on IR because "he should have protected himself"  yeah good fckg plan you got their 

Yes that is exactly what I am saying but maybe you are right and we are better off with a QB that could not hit the side of a barn from10ft and a running back that is made of glass instead of ivory and an 10 million dollar QB on IR because "he should have protected himself"  yeah good fckg plan you got their 

So, to be clear... we'd be better off with Lacy and Tyler Wilson. Lacy is proving to be a pretty much average RB, we have 2 of those already. Goodson would still be ours and hurt... best of all we'd be getting rid of Geno, who at least carries some potential, for Tyler Wilson who couldn't even make the Raiders over Matt Flynn (cut) and some kid named McGloin who was undrafted.

As for the bold, I don't have a plan. Not sure I, or you, know what you're talking about there. You proposed a plan of pure jackassery, but noobdy else did.

So, to be clear... we'd be better off with Lacy and Tyler Wilson. Lacy is proving to be a pretty much average RB, we have 2 of those already. Goodson would still be ours and hurt... best of all we'd be getting rid of Geno, who at least carries some potential, for Tyler Wilson who couldn't even make the Raiders over Matt Flynn (cut) and some kid named McGloin who was undrafted.

As for the bold, I don't have a plan. Not sure I, or you, know what you're talking about there. You proposed a plan of pure jackassery, but noobdy else did.

yeah clear enuff - or should I provide pictures\drawings or what else you need

to be crystal clear I said WR too in 2013 and 2014

isnt this site full of pontificators - basically 90% of the topics.....

or do you just aimlessly disagree\agree with the given topic de jour

Oh, my bad dude. Adding a couple WRs in 2013 and 2014 would totally make it so Tyler Wilson would be awesome for us, instead of selling insurance.

I think you've exhibited enough obnoxiousness to warrant being told you are a moron.

I think the point is crystal clear; the fact that pretty much everyone in this thread disagrees with him proves that he's a geenieus and everyone else is mooreons and ideeuts.  Makes perfect sense.

I have this aunt who makes these same types of definitive, incoherent statements. I always ask her if she has any extra pills she could spare.  

I think the point is crystal clear; the fact that pretty much everyone in this thread disagrees with him proves that he's a geenieus and everyone else is mooreons and ideeuts.  Makes perfect sense.

what are u the resident gay rah rah club - never played football but pretty good at madden fairy club or the fantasy football Im the gimp never had a girl club.

maybe a little all of the above club

whatevs - go jets

Your DraftAce profile is going to reflect that you're a high-maintenance, temperamental personality that struggles in a team setting.

yes

what are u the resident gay rah rah club - never played football but pretty good at madden fairy club or the fantasy football Im the gimp never had a girl club.

maybe a little all of the above club

whatevs - go jets

What? I was agreeing with you, wasn't I?

Seriously though, it says something that you've convinced yourself that everyone else on the entire board is always the problem, never the fact that you seem incapable of carrying on a real debate or conversation, instead throwing a hissy fit when anyone disagrees with you.  Keep in mind, that only serves to prove those who mock you to be justified and ultimately correct.

You're not exactly helping matters with failed attempts to mock people by sarcastically referring to them as geniuses, while being unable to even spell the word correctly.  Do you really wonder why so many in this thread so quickly turned against you?  Just think for a moment how absurdly you were reacting to those who simply countered your position earlier in this thread, and yet others are supposed to see no issue with your ranting nonsense?  The truth is, how you're getting treated is nothing compared to the way you're acting out towards everyone else around here, so you only have yourself to blame.

What stinks here is the Jets were deciding between Goodson and bringing back Woodhead.

The kid was averaging something like 9 yards a touch, I think he was unquestionably the superior talent to Woodhead, just a really tough loss. This team needs a Justin Blackmon/Dez type in the absolute worst way; someone who can body up dbacks and impose their will on the defense. Have we ever had anyone like that in the last two decades? 

The kid was averaging something like 9 yards a touch, I think he was unquestionably the superior talent to Woodhead, just a really tough loss. This team needs a Justin Blackmon/Dez type in the absolute worst way; someone who can body up dbacks and impose their will on the defense. Have we ever had anyone like that in the last two decades? 

Keyshawn was the closest thing.

Goodson was the better player, just didnt work out(at least this year). Woodhead can play though...

Looking back at the draft, how the team didnt go WR was outright puzzling. This kid that's stepped in for the Chargers, Allen, looks solid. Kenny Stills out in NO too. Both mid round picks in rounds we went oline. 

Archived