Calm down.

Jettington

Calm down Jets fans, calm down.

I don't understand why people are so pissed off. I expect most of you came into this year not thinking the team would win more than 3 games and yet it seems you expect the team to win every week and then blow your top when they perform badly.

Cincinnati is a better football team, they were favored to win and should win, that's the way I see it. If you fans who went into this season expecting disaster are mad and in falling sky mode from the fact that the Jets will lose a game they should lose then I don't know what to say.

Call me a homer, but I thought the Jets would be around  9-7 before the season started, and I'm not even mad right now because I still think they can get to that mark. No matter what the score, it's still only one loss, the second half of the season will really show us how far this team has come. And the reality is, if before the season I told many of you pessimists that the Jets would be 4-4 at the halfway mark you would have called me crazy and yet signed up for that record in a heartbeat.

I stopped watching the game, I'm not going to let it ruin my evening, Monday, or rest of the week, I suggest you all do the same. I'm a die hard Jets fan, but I refuse to let a loss turn me into a wreck Monday morning.

REMEMBER, this is year one of a rebuilding phase; rebuilding means there will be ugly ugly losses when there is a great disparity in talent between the teams, and that is what we are seeing today: one extremely talented team versus a talent deficient team, as we rebuild we will gain more talent and become more competitive.

In spite of being in YEAR ONE of a rebuilding phase we are likely going to still be competing for a playoff spot in December, take solace in that fellow Jets fans, and calm down.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well overall I agree, but I don't see why people should be calm right now.  They are 4 and 4 and there have been plenty of good things this year.  But this game was a total train wreck so people definitely have a right to be upset.

Geno has to bounce back though.  Against tough defenses they are being completely manhandled.  Luckily there are a lot of bad teams in the NFL.

Well overall I agree, but I don't see why people should be calm right now.  They are 4 and 4 and there have been plenty of good things this year.  But this game was a total train wreck so people definitely have a right to be upset.

Geno has to bounce back though.  Against tough defenses they are being completely manhandled.  Luckily there are a lot of bad teams in the NFL.

one of the most embarassing games the jets have played

It's not like I'm not upset, but I'm not steaming here. I just shake my head at the fan thought process where a fan can go into a game, expect to lose, and when the team does lose as they originally thought they still get pissed wanting so and so fired, so and so cut. I thought we'd lose this game, not like this obviously, but at the end of the day I don't really care that much about how we lose, a loss is a loss, ugly losses count just as much as "moral victories"

I went shopping.  I can tell when they aren't ready to go in 10 plays.  I have been looking at this as a rebuild from day 1, I'm not wringing my hands trying to find that 1 player that will put them over the top to make a playoff run because they have needs at every level except DL

bengals did them a favor today

I went shopping.  I can tell when they aren't ready to go in 10 plays.  I have been looking at this as a rebuild from day 1, I'm not wringing my hands trying to find that 1 player that will put them over the top to make a playoff run because they have needs at every level except DL

bengals did them a favor today

yeah silver lining......no way idzik will be under any impressions that we do not still need a major overhaul

The real problem was calling the Patriots game a promising win.

They're not very good.

It certainly was promising, doesn't mean that the future success it showed was going to come to fruition.  Patriots may not look very good to some and their wins aren't pretty, but they're still 6-2 with one of those losses coming to us. They're going to walk away with the division and that alone makes them a least a solid team.

It certainly was promising, doesn't mean that the future success it showed was going to come to fruition.  Patriots may not look very good to some and their wins aren't pretty, but they're still 6-2 with one of those losses coming to us. They're going to walk away with the division and that alone makes them a least a solid team.

With zero chance of winning the Super Bowl. Theyre the only team that will make the playoffs maybe other than KC with zero shot. 

Yes, but a FG on a questionable call in OT doesn't exactly make us the contender that some may have thought.

They're a frustrating team, and it's disappointing, but the reality is, we're a ways away from being a contender with the team we're currently fielding.

The real problem was calling the Patriots game a promising win.

They're not very good.

The Pats were a play away from beating the Bengals at Cinci.  The Jets came out flat and before you know it the game got out of hand.  A young rebuilding team trying to play consistent on a regular basis. 

The Pats were a play away from beating the Bengals at Cinci.  The Jets came out flat and before you know it the game got out of hand.  A young rebuilding team trying to play consistent on a regular basis. 

Ah yes, the "they came out flat" excuse.

Have the Jets ever been beaten?  Or, do they either win, or come out flat and lose the game on their own?

Yes, but a FG on a questionable call in OT doesn't exactly make us the contender that some may have thought.

They're a frustrating team, and it's disappointing, but the reality is, we're a ways away from being a contender with the team we're currently fielding.

Definitely frustrating. I never thought we were contenders, but I think we can remain competitive in most every game and my viewpoint hasn't changed at all after today's brutal loss.  What amuses me is that the people who are the most irate and animated seem to be the ones who say we suck all week and expect us to lose, yet are then shocked and throw a temper tantrum when we do. 

I have nor had any aspirations of a Giants' like super bowl run this year, but I would like to see us play meaningful games in the winter and I think we're fully capable of doing that. Add onto that the hopeful maturation of a QB we can build around for the future and I'm enjoying the season. I think if others took that mindset, they'd be able to enjoy the games a bit more this year. 

Ah yes, the "they came out flat" excuse.

Have the Jets ever been beaten?  Or, do they either win, or come out flat and lose the game on their own?

I don't think in any way the Jets came out flat, today was just a day where the better, more talented football team won.  Everyone on here wants to look at how awful we are, which are play surely was indicative of, but no one seems to want to give credit to the Bengals who might actually be the best team in the AFC. They have a QB who's as hot as anyone not named manning, the best receiver in the AFC and a handful of other guys on offense that create big mismatches....and that's not even their best side of the ball. They have a top 10 defense and if given a lead they are extremely tough to beat. Sometimes you have to tip your hat to the other team and try to regroup the following week. Unfortunately for us, our next game is against what could be an even tougher matchup.

I don't think in any way the Jets came out flat, today was just a day where the better, more talented football team won.  Everyone on here wants to look at how awful we are, which are play surely was indicative of, but no one seems to want to give credit to the Bengals who might actually be the best team in the AFC. They have a QB who's as hot as anyone not named manning, the best receiver in the AFC and a handful of other guys on offense that create big mismatches....and that's not even their best side of the ball. They have a top 10 defense and if given a lead they are extremely tough to beat. Sometimes you have to tip your hat to the other team and try to regroup the following week. Unfortunately for us, our next game is against what could be an even tougher matchup.

I agree about the Bengals.  But, the Jets are still awful.

It's tough to sit through a rebuild, even if it's what you wanted and incredibly necessary.

I agree about the Bengals.  But, the Jets are still awful.

It's tough to sit through a rebuild, even if it's what you wanted and incredibly necessary.

It certainly is. But I can think of worse ways to sit through a rebuild than be playing .500 ball with a promising QB at the helm. It'd be a whole hell of a lot worse if we were 4-4 with Sanchez steering the ship and Geno sitting on the sideline, not taking any meaningful snaps until Mark's eventual 2nd half implosion. Imagine that sh*t. We'd get half a dozen games of Geno and go into the off-season with no feelings on him at all. At least now we'll get a full 16 game season to evaluate.

It certainly is. But I can think of worse ways to sit through a rebuild than be playing .500 ball with a promising QB at the helm. It'd be a whole hell of a lot worse if we were 4-4 with Sanchez steering the ship and Geno sitting on the sideline, not taking any meaningful snaps until Mark's eventual 2nd half implosion. Imagine that sh*t. We'd get half a dozen games of Geno and go into the off-season with no feelings on him at all. At least now we'll get a full 16 game season to evaluate.

All true.  Still, this was the earliest I've ever turned off a game.

All true.  Still, this was the earliest I've ever turned off a game.

Last year's Pats' game on Thanksgiving; a handful of us decided we weren't going to let them ruin or favorite day, so we brought turkey sandwiches and a sixer to the movies and saw the new Bond.  Best 2 hours of a Jets' game all year.

Bingo.

I can even deal with all the interceptions, since I know it's a rebuilding (read: throwaway) season.  I think what makes it tougher is that piece number 1 of that rebuild looks like every bit of a Gholston-level pick so far.  So not only is he here and not only will he be given 3 years of opportunity even if he shows he's unworthy of a roster spot, but we still need that same hole to fill.  

Our most recent picks inside the top 10:

2013: Milliner

2009: Sanchez

2008: Gholston

2006: Ferguson

2003: Robertson

Yuck.  I mean, how can we be 1 of 5 with top-10 picks.  And for the record, that "1" wasn't even such masterful drafting.  The only way of truly screwing up the pick in 2006 would have been taking Leinart (who, incidentally, the team still tried trading up to get instead of staying pat and taking Mangold, so they clearly had a top 10 grade on him also and if Tennessee had taken Brick instead of Young there's every possibility we would have taken Leinart at #4).

Calm down Jets fans, calm down.

I don't understand why people are so pissed off. I expect most of you came into this year not thinking the team would win more than 3 games and yet it seems you expect the team to win every week and then blow your top when they perform badly.

Cincinnati is a better football team, they were favored to win and should win, that's the way I see it. If you fans who went into this season expecting disaster are mad and in falling sky mode from the fact that the Jets will lose a game they should lose then I don't know what to say.

Call me a homer, but I thought the Jets would be around  9-7 before the season started, and I'm not even mad right now because I still think they can get to that mark. No matter what the score, it's still only one loss, the second half of the season will really show us how far this team has come. And the reality is, if before the season I told many of you pessimists that the Jets would be 4-4 at the halfway mark you would have called me crazy and yet signed up for that record in a heartbeat.

I stopped watching the game, I'm not going to let it ruin my evening, Monday, or rest of the week, I suggest you all do the same. I'm a die hard Jets fan, but I refuse to let a loss turn me into a wreck Monday morning.

REMEMBER, this is year one of a rebuilding phase; rebuilding means there will be ugly ugly losses when there is a great disparity in talent between the teams, and that is what we are seeing today: one extremely talented team versus a talent deficient team, as we rebuild we will gain more talent and become more competitive.

In spite of being in YEAR ONE of a rebuilding phase we are likely going to still be competing for a playoff spot in December, take solace in that fellow Jets fans, and calm down.

I understand all the aspects of "rebuilding" but the Jets did not even show up and THAT is on Rex Ryan. They had a sh*tty practice on Friday with sloppy play galore and they brought that attitude to a play against a team with a lot to prove. That is a recipe for disaster and that is exactly what happened. Rex doesn't seem able to keep his team on a level course. Now next week they will perform MUCH better although I doubt they can beat New Orleans. I expect Geno to have good days and bad, but the bad should be diminishing somewhat. I am still on my Fire Rex soapbox and I don't expect to come off it until it happens.

Still nice to know that we were able to outplay the Pats in a rebuild year, no?  I mean, whatever we say about the Pats, they're still 6-2.  Only 2 teams have beaten them, us and these very Bengals that looked great.  The Saints couldn't even beat them when they had them on the ropes.

Yeah, this 40-pt drubbing to the Bengals sort of cancels out that win in a way, but at least in this rebuild year, there are a few flashes of brilliance going on.  A rebuild year with no light at the end of the tunnel would be a lot less sufferable.

Still nice to know that we were able to outplay the Pats in a rebuild year, no?  I mean, whatever we say about the Pats, they're still 6-2.  Only 2 teams have beaten them, us and these very Bengals that looked great.  The Saints couldn't even beat them when they had them on the ropes.

Yeah, this 40-pt drubbing to the Bengals sort of cancels out that win in a way, but at least in this rebuild year, there are a few flashes of brilliance going on.  A rebuild year with no light at the end of the tunnel would be a lot less sufferable.

You had me until "flashes of brilliance".  Take it easy with that.

Archived