T0mShane Agenda Thread

T0mShane

The offense wasnt  conservative at all today. They didnt have much of a choice, but our oline is soft as hell- so the running game was pretty much deaded.

I agree, I thought they actually were looking downfield too much.  screens and draws and blitz beaters against that bills D were they way to go

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, I thought they actually were looking downfield too much.  screens and draws and blitz beaters against that bills D were they way to go

Yeah if anything the offense looked unprepared. Havent seen a Bills defense ever be that aggressive before.

So the line is weak and milliner is a liability. Yet everybody flicked boogers at me when I wanted an Olineman. Warmack and Fluker were still on the board and we draft a cb in the first rd. again. Then a DL in the first rd. again. And this had Rex written all over it, Idzik or no Idzik.

Idzik wanted Tevon Austin, but the Rams screwed us with Buffalo, personally I'd never take a Corner that high, they just don't impact the game enough. He's a bad pick, the good news the rest of the draft was great.

Idzik wanted Tevon Austin, but the Rams screwed us with Buffalo, personally I'd never take a Corner that high, they just don't impact the game enough. He's a bad pick, the good news the rest of the draft was great.

Great? Who did we get in the 2nd?

I'm loving this media rush to say "It had nothing to do with Dave and Buster's!!!" When the team comes out and gets bitch-slapped from the opening gun by an inferior opponent, it's safe to say that you didn't take that opponent seriously enough because you were too busy reading press clippings after the Saints win. And going to the arcade/bar the night before with the coach kiiiiiiiiinda points to where the lack of urgency came from.

So the line is weak and milliner is a liability. Yet everybody flicked boogers at me when I wanted an Olineman. Warmack and Fluker were still on the board and we draft a cb in the first rd. again. Then a DL in the first rd. again. And this had Rex written all over it, Idzik or no Idzik.

How does Chance Warmack even begin to help this team? Have you seen the Titans play?

I'm loving this media rush to say "It had nothing to do with Dave and Buster's!!!" When the team comes out and gets bitch-slapped from the opening gun by an inferior opponent, it's safe to say that you didn't take that opponent seriously enough because you were too busy reading press clippings after the Saints win. And going to the arcade/bar the night before with the coach kiiiiiiiiinda points to where the lack of urgency came from.

Tbh, I'm starting to come around on the whole fire Rex thing. The reasons start with the Dave and Busters thing combined with appearing to be too loyal to a QB and CB that do not deserve it. 

Despite all the pissing and moaning the jets are still in the #6 playoff spot, so I am wondering where all of the good coaches are hiding.  Are they on the the teams behind the Jets in the playoff hunt?  If it's all about bad coaching, apparently there are a whole bunch of bad coaches in the league.   

Rex is a great motivator and great defensive mind. His ideas and designs of defensive scheming, yesterday through Pettine, made mincemeat out of a mediocre at best Jets OL and a skittish rookie QB.

A way to optimize the Rex thing would be to:

1. Give more decision power to an offensive coordinator within the organization be it M2 or another strong personality that knows how to run an O.

2. Bring in a Dick Curl type to manage the game/clock so we don't have any more abominations like handing off 3 times instead of taking a knee against the Saints.

Rex has a lot of attributes, but they need to be supplemented or his deficiencies can hurt. 

Seriously though when a team seems to play with no passion- and the other team is bringing it- the result is what you got from Jets _buffalo . Combined with poor performance by the QB again. So blame has to go to REX for not having his guys ready to play

They did not get bitch slapped from the opening. Up until the missed FG I thought they were in control, going into the wind.  The Bills didn't score in the 1st quarter, they only started rolling when the O started going backwards.  The Jets 3 through 7 drives (that is 5 drives they went -11 yards and took 13 plays. That'll break your back, but it wasn't from the starting gun. It was basically the entire 2nd quarter. 

They did not get bitch slapped from the opening. Up until the missed FG I thought they were in control, going into the wind.  The Bills didn't score in the 1st quarter, they only started rolling when the O started going backwards.  The Jets 3 through 7 drives (that is 5 drives they went -11 yards and took 13 plays. That'll break your back, but it wasn't from the starting gun. It was basically the entire 2nd quarter. 

The Bills started when they had 1st and 15, after they had the punt return marched back 10 yards. That is the drive they scored the field goal on. From their on out, it was a bitch slap.

The Bills started when they had 1st and 15, after they had the punt return marched back 10 yards. That is the drive they scored the field goal on. From their on out, it was a bitch slap.

Not sure of your point.  They didn't score until the 2nd quarter and it was their 3rd drive and after the Jets the 3rd "drive". That is not coming out flat or from the outset. 

Not sure of your point.  They didn't score until the 2nd quarter and it was their 3rd drive and after the Jets the 3rd "drive". That is not coming out flat or from the outset. 

Just pointing out when Buffalo took over.

The Jets defense actually had them in a decent spot-1st and 15. Right after the lt for block in the back on the kick.

Rex decided on video games instead of game preparation.

That's because Rex is a dumbass. Period. "We are pretty good, we don't need no stinking meetings to beat Buffalo. Shoot, let's go get a F-ing snack at that D&B place instead. Good for team bonding because I hear guys are starting to call Ducasse ugly and that could lead to 'bullying.'"

Yes.  I'm sure that the team had no meetings in the 2 weeks that they had prior to the Bills game. I am sure that the Jets did not have any game plan installed whatsoever.  They played Madden all weekend and stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.

If I am a coach on a perceived hot seat, I do not take my team out the night before a game. You do that only, again only, when you know you are going to win the game. And in today's NFL, there are no such games.

It just looks stupid, regardless any real implications it had related to meetings or preparations.

It just looks very stupid.

If I am a coach on a perceived hot seat, I do not take my team out the night before a game. You do that only, again only, when you know you are going to win the game. And in today's NFL, there are no such games.

It just looks stupid, regardless any real implications it had related to meetings or preparations.

From an optics perspective it does look bad but we both know it had nothing to do with the outcome of that game. 

I agree completely that it looks stupid.  The idea that the team wasn't prepared because they didn't have any meetings is even stupider in my opinion, but I doubt this kind of thing is so unusual during the bye week.  This is more of a perception than reality thing IMO.  I know that you and Shane have an issue with the perception of Rex and I agree that it can be a problem, but it isn't why Geno has no idea where the safety is going.

From an optics perspective it does look bad but we both know it had nothing to do with the outcome of that game. 

Nope, but when I own a football team, and my coach does that, and we proceed to lose, I question priorities. Especially when I am an owner who does not know much about the sport and am incredibly sensitive to public and fan perception.

Nope, but when I own a football team, and my coach does that, and we proceed to lose, I question priorities. Especially when I am an owner who does not know much about the sport and am incredibly sensitive to public and fan perception.

Shouldn't the fact that their offense has been an embarrassment for 3 years serve to piss you off way more than one outing if you owned a team?

The Jets continue to be a very "fragile" franchise and one huge mistake seems to send this team off the deep end with the inability to recover and here's where it occurred yesterday:

The score was 3-0 Buffalo, and the JETS had just forced Buffalo at the JETS 38, to punt on 4th and 6, but LEGER DOUZABLE has an incredible mind meltdown and causes a neutral zone infraction, so now it is 4th and 1, and lo and behold, Buffalo says lets go for it, gets the first and then burns Millner to make it 10-0. After that, the Jets folded, but if DOUZABLE doesnt do that, it may have been a different game, but the Jets being so fragile, just cant recover from incredibly stupid mistakes, and to me thats on Rex.

Archived