A Game Telling of Rex Ryan

CobraVerde

The positives of this season IMO have all come under question after this game. What's up with Wall and Allen? They were outplaying millner and Landry at the beginning of the season and now are mia. I fear he is seriously traumatized by the media onslaught of another QB controversy and is ignoring Genos mistakes hoping his defense will save him (again) only to be let down by the weakest part of his defense...

[geno throws pick]

ENJOY YOUR QB CONTROVERSY NOW REX. Should've benched the kid and now you're gonna get railed even more...

The positives of this season IMO have all come under question after this game. What's up with Wall and Allen? They were outplaying millner and Landry at the beginning of the season and now are mia. I fear he is seriously traumatized by the media onslaught of another QB controversy and is ignoring Genos mistakes hoping his defense will save him (again) only to be let down by the weakest part of his defense...

[geno throws pick]

ENJOY YOUR QB CONTROVERSY NOW REX. Should've benched the kid and now you're gonna get railed even more...

We are cursed with a dc playing hc. Ryan needs to be fired....We the fans are at fault for the continued support of this product. How t f does one keep Sanchez and Geno in when they need to improve 100 percent to be horrible.

Rex needs to be fired outright, period. Geno smith now has FOUR CONSECUTIVE GAMES WITH UNDER TEN COMPLETIONS and he isn't benched? WTF is the HCs job if it isn't to win football games. Putrid. I'm done with this guy.

Rex SUCKS!!! Plain and simple. He cannot develop players because he TOLERATES their mistakes with NO repercussions. He is a players coach TO A FAULT. He does NOT have that bad guy in him you HAVE TO HAVE to keep players on their toes. HE LOVES his guys even when they totally screw up. Jets WILL NEVER WIN A SB WITH REX RYAN AS HC.

Rex needs to be fired, Geno needs to be benched, Milliner needs to be benched, and Cro should be close to being benched.

The problem  - at least one of the MANY problems - Rex has is that he tolerates and even rewards mistakes and failure. Geno should have been benched to start the second half. Hell, Marty didn't have faith in him to throw the ball but seven times through three quarters. That SCREAMS for a change, but Rex LOVES his underachievers.

There is no QB controversy. Jets fans cry for Bratt McSimmsenger to play every year. I get that Geno sucks right now, but those guys suck worse.

OTOH, Simms is probably the most talented of that bunch so...something something...he probably sucks. 

We are cursed with a dc playing hc. Ryan needs to be fired....We the fans are at fault for the continued support of this product. How t f does one keep Sanchez and Geno in when they need to improve 100 percent to be horrible.

Dont worry, Izzy will blow this mother up and put in his own guy.

Its a QB rich draft too.

Dont worry, Izzy will blow this mother up and put in his own guy.

Its a QB rich draft too.

Yeah, the Jets need yet ANOTHER rookie QB to develop. A.J. McCarron looks like the best one to me. Bridgewater, Manziel and the Oregon QB all looked terrible at one point or another. The college game is so much different than the pro game, so you have to find one that has run a pro style offense and McCarron fits the bill. LSU's QB doesn't look bad either. Guys I would want are WR's Beckham (LSU) or Matthews (Vandy).

Yeah, the Jets need yet ANOTHER rookie QB to develop. A.J. McCarron looks like the best one to

me. Bridgewater, Manziel and the Oregon QB all looked terrible at one point or another. The college game is so much different than the pro game, so you have to find one that has run a pro style offense and McCarron fits the bill. LSU's QB doesn't look bad either. Guys I would want are WR's Beckham (LSU) or Matthews (Vandy).

Please no more Alabama players

This season is already over at 5-6. Rex Ryan will probably be gone after this season. I give Geno Smith a pass because he is a rookie. The Jets probably most likely will lose to Miami next Sunday & then the season will definitely be over which would be a good thing because watching the Jets this season is horrific & horrendous so far. I have had enough of this team for a decade now this organization has not shown me anything since I started watching this team. 0 division titles only 4 playoff appearences that sucks.

There is no QB controversy. Jets fans cry for Bratt McSimmsenger to play every year. I get that Geno sucks right now, but those guys suck worse.

OTOH, Simms is probably the most talented of that bunch so...something something...he probably sucks. 

you say probably but last i checked that means the same thing as i dont know....soooo how about we grow some balls, and take a risk and find out? if he doesnt suck and wins, then.....

"Those guys suck worse"

Absolutely impossible. Nobody can suck as bad as Geno has sucked. There is no quantifiable measurement that could possibly place any QB beneath Geno on the Suck-Meter.

you say probably but last i checked that means the same thing as i dont know....soooo how about we grow some balls, and take a risk and find out? if he doesnt suck and wins, then.....

Growing balls is not playing Matt Simms because he had a nice preseason game. Geno is by far the better prospect. 

Ive read a bunch of your posts on this topic and I think your dead on...why does Simms suck because he was undrafted? How do we know he's not Tony Romo? Probably not but who knows?..but unfortunetly even if he comes in and plays great Rex will neuter him fast enough anyway

Benching Geno would be beneficial to him agt this point. He's not learning anything else this season...he's getting worse. The offense is a total disaster and throwing him to the wolves to begin with was a poor plan. And a plan that failed the last time we tried it.

It makes exactly as much sense as refusing to bench a cratering player because he was a top-50 guy on your big board.

That was presumably Idzik's big board and Idzik has stated that he had input on which QB plays. 

I think what was most telling was when Dicksdorf said around the 2nd qtr , that he had asked Rex on Sat if he would bench Geno if he stunk again, and Rex said "not if the game is close."

So in other words, blind loyalty.

If Idzik is a GM then ....Nail meet coffin

It's funny, but I sure didn't take that as blind loyalty.  I took it as they thought Geno was considerably better right now, but that they want to get a look at SImms.  

He looks and sounds like a stroke victim in the post game.  

That's because he has a mind like a RUSTY steel trap. He can't answer questions on the offense because he knows sh#t about it. While Marty is dialing up Wildcat runs on third and nine, Rex is huddling with the DEFENSE. We have a One Trick Pony for a HC and it takes one to know one.

That's because he has a mind like a RUSTY steel trap. He can't answer questions on the offense because he knows sh#t about it. While Marty is dialing up Wildcat runs on third and nine, Rex is huddling with the DEFENSE. We have a One Trick Pony for a HC and it takes one to know one.

You'd think that after 5 years of a noncompetitive offense costing him game after game and making his defenses moot he would change something... but nope. 

Benching Geno would be beneficial to him agt this point. He's not learning anything else this season...he's getting worse. The offense is a total disaster and throwing him to the wolves to begin with was a poor plan. And a plan that failed the last time we tried it.

What is he going to learn on the bench? If the Jets had a competent veteran QB maybe Smith WOULD benefit from a watch and learn session, but Garrard is totally finished. This fiasco is on Rex for allowing Sanchez to get hurt in a meaningless pre-season game. Not that I want to go back to Sancho, but he would look a heck of a lot better that Smith right now and Geno could learn from watching, but not now.

What is he going to learn on the bench? If the Jets had a competent veteran QB maybe Smith WOULD benefit from a watch and learn session, but Garrard is totally finished. This fiasco is on Rex for allowing Sanchez to get hurt in a meaningless pre-season game. Not that I want to go back to Sancho, but he would look a heck of a lot better that Smith right now and Geno could learn from watching, but not now.

Nope. Him getting hurt was best for the franchise. If either him or Smith is the Jets starter next year we're ****ed anyway. 

Idzik will follow his original plan now that the Jets have become what we all assumed they would be this season. They got lucky at the end of 2 early games or they would have been out of it weeks ago. This allows Idzik to can Rex and bring in a real head coach. A head coach that actually gives a crap about the other side of the ball. I don't see how a game plan that eliminates the QB as a factor helps at all. Then you let him throw when you fall behind and are surprised when he gets picked? The game plan sucked and Rex is a terrible in-game coach. Morningwheg was doing what he was told. I am sure that he did not like game planning like that.

Archived