So this is how bad our passing offense has been

Bergen Jet

The dead horse is being beaten...

It has been well documented how horrendous our receiving corp has been, but the numbers are just mind boggling when compared to the rest of the league.  Everybody knows that Jeremy Kerley is our best receiver (and at this point it isn't even close).  He leads the team with 413 yards.  That places him solidly at 106th in the league in receiving yards.

Add his 413 with Santonio's 395 (second on the team) you get 808 yards.  Those 808 yards would be good for 31st in the league, which would be a marginal number 1 receiver/solid number 2.  Vernon Davis is just 3 yards behind at 31st.

Stephen Hill is our 3rd leading receiver in terms of yards.  Lets add his 342 to the mix for a total of 1150 yards and a legit number one receiver.  It would be good for 10th in the league and 4 yards ahead of Garcon and 20 ahead of Decker.

Add in Cumberland's 338 yards and you are up to 1488, on top of the league...  21 yards ahead of Gordon and 39 over Megatron. 

After approximately 35 years of being a Jets fan I am absolutely astonished that a receiving group could be this terrible.  The sad part is, where does WR land on our list of needs?  We need serious secondary help, a guard and significantly better QB play pretty much as badly as we need weapons. 

Did u notice how half of our WR group has been injured for more than half the season and when you remove your top 2 WRs, you get street FAs to play WR? You know what happens right? You get shut down. especially with a rookie QB. Our passing offense's deficiencies have been well documented, but just looking at numbers to come to a conclusion is rather foolish.

The sad part is, where does WR land on our list of needs?  We need serious secondary help, a guard and significantly better QB play pretty much as badly as we need weapons. 

honestly, WR is the worst need on the team. It's true they have other needs but none are as dire. 

Did u notice how half of our WR group has been injured for more than half the season and when you remove your top 2 WRs, you get street FAs to play WR? You know what happens right? You get shut down. especially with a rookie QB. Our passing offense's deficiencies have been well documented, but just looking at numbers to come to a conclusion is rather foolish.

Kerley is averaging 41 yards a game.  Average that to 14 games and he has 578 yards or 63rd in the league.  Santonio projects to 614 over 14 games, or tied for 56th...

Yeah I think a more sensible measure would be team passing yards... which we would still be bottom 3 or bottom 5 in the league.

Yeah I think a more sensible measure would be team passing yards... which we would still be bottom 3 or bottom 5 in the league.

2nd to last, 4 yards ahead of Tampa Bay.  They have thrown for 9 more TDs with 11 less interceptions than the Jets..  So basically, we are by far the worst passing team in the league.

Oh no, the "dont look at the numbers " argument. Whenever I see this, I instantly think that the numbers must be so horrendus that they obviously tell the story they are trying to convey. And in this instant, they are. The Jets passing yardage numbers are historically bad , no matter how you look at them.

2nd to last, 4 yards ahead of Tampa Bay.  They have thrown for 9 more TDs with 11 less interceptions than the Jets..  So basically, we are by far the worst passing team in the league.

Probably yeah

Oh no, the "dont look at the numbers " argument. Whenever I see this, I instantly think that the numbers must be so horrendus that they obviously tell the story they are trying to convey. And in this instant, they are. The Jets passing yardage numbers are historically bad , no matter how you look at them.

That's fine but I still think the total passing yards is a way better measure in this case.

Why can't Rex catch a break where the team gives him a hand-picked $9 million dollar receiver and pair him with, like, a second round draft pick at receiver? If Rex had two guys like that, this offense would be a machine!!!

(Insert Rex fan here, not a Jets fan, repeat A REX FAN responding to Tom) :bp1:   <---I have my own emoticon on this site, sorry Tom ;)

idzikiot is fail at talent acquisition

What is this shtick you have going lately?

You're pretty friggin dumb but I didn't take you for a blabbering moron.  Idzik hasn't started working on this roster yet.  That begins in March.  All he's done thus far has been flushing Tannys Turds.

Kerley is averaging 41 yards a game. Average that to 14 games and he has 578 yards or 63rd in the league. Santonio projects to 614 over 14 games, or tied for 56th...

Again, they've played through injuries, they've played thru games where there hasn't been the other starter, forcing double coverage, n they've a rookie QB. Not all situations r the same so u can't simply pick up a bunch of stats, but the offense is anemic overall anyways.

Why can't Rex catch a break where the team gives him a hand-picked $9 million dollar receiver and pair him with, like, a second round draft pick at receiver? If Rex had two guys like that, this offense would be a machine!!!

Because Idzik was stubborn n wanted Geno to start?

What is this shtick you have going lately?

You're pretty friggin dumb but I didn't take you for a blabbering moron.  Idzik hasn't started working on this roster yet.  That begins in March.  All he's done thus far has been flushing Tannys Turds.

well he sucks at flushing then, because he left some floaters

no....qb is probably right there with receiver. geno is the worst qb in the league and its not even close

Without a revamped WR corp, it won't matter too much on the Qb. I think a vet this year would have led the team to 8-6 right now, but that would be this teams ceiling.

There are other needs but WR1 and WR2 are the top 2

Gotta make you nervous when he picks the next head coach. Does he Richardson it or Dee Miliner it? Guy has cleaned up the circus but nobody can feel good about him picking this next head coach. Him and Woody no less. God help us.

Which GM would you prefer to hire the next coach?

Archived