Jets need a LB like LUKE KUECHLY

joewilly12

So, the Jets need another high draft pick invested in the defense to finally play well? I thought we had a defensive mastermind at head coach.

We're firing him because you guys said so, the defense will look worse next year than the offense did this year when Idzik brings in that Seattle guy

We're firing him because you guys said so, the defense will look worse next year than the offense did this year when Idzik brings in that Seattle guy

I could coach a unit full of first rounders and have at least a league average defense.  Rex is getting it done because he has more talent along his defensive front than any team in the league and with all that talent, he is still merely a top ten defense and not elite.

I could coach a unit full of first rounders and have at least a league average defense. Rex is getting it done because he has more talent along his defensive front than any team in the league and with all that talent, he is still merely a top ten defense and not elite.

Nonsense!

I have been told that this roster has no talent whatsoever on it.

Oh wait, never mind, I got it wrong. They have talent but that does not count for overall roster talent.

Confusing.

Jets actually have two good inside LBs and this dick wants Kuechly.

Both Davis and Harris have had really strong seasons.  Harris has been a surprise in the way he's upped his game at this stage of his career -- he's playing some of his best football this year.

Nonsense!

I have been told that this roster has no talent whatsoever on it.

Oh wait, never mind, I got it wrong. They have talent but that does not count for overall roster talent.

Confusing.

When people talk about the talent level of the team, they qualify it with "offensive skilled player" talent.  Our offensive line is fine and our defense is filled with talented players.

When people talk about the talent level of the team, they qualify it with "offensive skilled player" talent.  Our offensive line is fine and our defense is filled with talented players.

Sometimes they qualify it, most of the time they don't, they say in general terms that this is a horrible roster, one of the worst in the NFL, complete garbage roster, etc.

If Winters doesnt improve a lot- he can't play next year. He's been really, really bad.

Sometimes they qualify it, most of the time they don't, they say in general terms that this is a horrible roster, one of the worst in the NFL, complete garbage roster, etc.

With the exception of safety, we have upper echelon level talent at every level of the defense, yet still play merely better than average defense.  To me, a defensive mastermind takes lesser talent and beats your brains in with it.  Rex has had top talent on defense during his entire tenure and his defenses are merely ok.  On top of that the guy is awful at clock management, completely misses the mark on managing coach's challenges and is way too loyal to washed up older players.  Look at what he did with Bart Scott versus Demario Davis and this year with Ed Reed versus Antonio Allen.  Believe me, we can find a defensive coordinator who can have a better than average defense with the group of athletes that Rex is working with.

With the exception of safety, we have upper echelon level talent at every level of the defense, yet still play merely better than average defense.  To me, a defensive mastermind takes lesser talent and beats your brains in with it.  Rex has had top talent on defense during his entire tenure and his defenses are merely ok.  On top of that the guy is awful at clock management, completely misses the mark on managing coach's challenges and is way too loyal to washed up older players.  Look at what he did with Bart Scott versus Demario Davis and this year with Ed Reed versus Antonio Allen.  Believe me, we can find a defensive coordinator who can have a better than average defense with the group of athletes that Rex is working with.

I am in COMPLETE agreement with you!

I could coach a unit full of first rounders and have at least a league average defense.  Rex is getting it done because he has more talent along his defensive front than any team in the league and with all that talent, he is still merely a top ten defense and not elite.

There is literally no proof anyone in our front 7 is even a marginal NFL talent without Rex, outside Harris who's career he revived this year.

There is literally no proof anyone in our front 7 is even a marginal NFL talent without Rex, outside Harris who's career he revived this year.

Seriously? I mean seriously?

Let me  try to play this game:

There is literally no proof that Sanchez would not be a top 3 NFL QB if he went to a team with an offensive HC.

My statement is equal in its level of absurdity.

Archived