Jets and Rex reach "multi-year" extension, per Schefter

nj meadowlands

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not for nothing, but Norv Turner won two Super Bowls as OC of the Cowboys. How did that work out for the three teams stupid enough to hire him as HC? :Nuts:

To reiterate, I've never said Bevell is guaranteed to be a great coach. I professed love for Bevell because I thought he was the logical candidate to replace Rex.

Adam Schefter‏@AdamSchefterJan 3

Vikings scheduled to interview Browns DC Ray Horton for their HC job. Minnesota kicks off its HC interviews Darrell Bevell and Dan Quinn.

Adam Schefter‏@AdamSchefterDec 31

Washington GM Bruce Allen and Redskins officials are in Seattle today, interviewing Seahawks OC Darrell Bevell, per NFL sources.

Do you even research, bro?

Great.  So the Vikings decided Mike Zimmer was a better choice (I agree with them), and the Redskins hired a guy who was coaching in the UFL just a few years ago.  

Also the Lions decided coaching disaster Jim Caldwell was a better choice, and the Browns would rather interview Rex Lite.

I guess none of them realize the incredible talent they're turning down.

I found this text from ESPN quite interesting.

heavily incentivized for postseason wins -- sources

Magnifying what a dumfk Woody ( and God I hope not Idzik) is. Anybody that thinks that Rex wouldn't sell family members to win football games regardless of any impact to his personal finances  - doesn't know Rex Ryan.

Great.  So the Vikings decided Mike Zimmer was a better choice (I agree with them), and the Redskins hired a guy who was coaching in the UFL just a few years ago.  

Also the Lions decided coaching disaster Jim Caldwell was a better choice, and the Browns would rather interview Rex Lite.

I guess none of them realize the incredible talent they're turning down.

Again, I don't know the merits of him as a heac coach and I'm not going to debate them. I never said I would. I just pointed out how wrong you were. Carry on.

It's not just the QB he sticks with. He left Milliner out there many times when he looked lost. He left Kyle Wilson in there this season to get four penalties in four plays. Vlad Ducasse. Etc etc etc.

And yes. The heavens sent us Mornhinweg who led the Jets number 25 overall offense. We are saved.

Iuno if you noticed but the rookie Milliner was pretty damn good down the stretch. Vlad was replaced by a rookies and is probably gone. Wilson got demoted to slot and has rarely had the opp to play outside despite being a first round corner.

You did get the Marty stuff right. Straight up gift (as was Geno btw, and Milliner/Richardson/Colleen/Wilkerson). Things are looking up and frankly I don't get how its not obvious.

Iuno if you noticed but the rookie Milliner was pretty damnable good down the stretch. Vlad was replaced by a rookies and is probably gone. Wilson got demoted to slot and has rarely had the opp to play outside despite being a first round corner.

You did get the Marty stuff right. Straight up gift (as was Geno btw, and Milliner/Richardson/Colleen/Wilkerson). Things are looking up and frankly I don't get how its not obvious.

So how do you explain not even having a punt returner and how bad of an in game coach he is?

I am hopeful Milliner has turned it around, but he shouldn't have been gifted a starting job just because he was drafted in the first round. He missed too much camp and it showed early on.

I like what I see out of Marty, but at the end of the day the offense is going to be driven by the QB and I don't think we have one. Things are as bright as people would make it, but it's not as bleak either.

Archived