Davis mock: Jets take Shazier @ 18

eboozer

Never watched 1 game of OSU. Is he a Stud? or is Davis blowin' smoke out his a$$.

OSU players scare me.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/mock-drafts/charles-davis/175603

No, he's completely overrated, Undersized, cant rush the QB, and the last dude we took in the first round from this school, is washing windows for Mcdonalds.

I have seen some bad mocks for the JETS but this would be a complete disaster.

In that case, book it, REX wants to win every game 7-3. WOW.

No, he's completely overrated, Undersized, cant rush the QB, and the last dude we took in the first round from this school, is washing windows for Mcdonalds.

Yeah, I don't quite understand how he came up with this kid for us... especially with some of the other talent on the board.

Eh.. it is what it is. Another guy just guessing

I've heard some people comparing him to Keuchly, which was someone that I thought you were high on?  

As T0m mentioned above, if we plan on playing more 43, which we already play enough of, we will need more athletic LBs. However, unless they are sure he can have a Keuchly-like impact, it's just not a premium position in our defense to fill it with the 18th overall pick. My best guess is that they draft someone in the middle rounds and let Harris play out his contract and hopefully supplant him that way. I think after they were able to nab Davis on the second day, they probably won't feel the need to burn one at ILB. 

***Just remember, until the Senior Bowl, Combine and Pro-days are finished, these mock drafts are literally nothing but a thought exercise. No need to worry about who's give us what and where, it will be 90% different come April/May.

I've heard some people comparing him to Keuchly, which was someone that I thought you were high on?  

As T0m mentioned above, if we plan on playing more 43, which we already play enough of, we will need more athletic LBs. However, unless they are sure he can have a Keuchly-like impact, it's just not a premium position in our defense to fill it with the 18th overall pick. My best guess is that they draft someone in the middle rounds and let Harris play out his contract and hopefully supplant him that way. I think after they were able to nab Davis on the second day, they probably won't feel the need to burn one at ILB. 

***Just remember, until the Senior Bowl, Combine and Pro-days are finished, these mock drafts are literally nothing but a thought exercise. No need to worry about who's give us what and where, it will be 90% different come April/May.

I was very high on Keuchly, but that guy is a ball hawking freak, who can also rush the passer if neccessary. I have not seen anyone dumb enough to compare Shazier to Keuchly.

I compare him more to his co-buckeye AJ Hawk, who has been average at best, and Shazier is even lighter than him, so he will be dominated by just about any TE, Blocking FB, and even mid-size running backs. He's barely the size of most safties.

If they draft this guy at #18, I dont know where you live but I guarantee you will be able to hear me screaming every non-accepted  word at my Coors induced drunken rage.

I was very high on Keuchly, but that guy is a ball hawking freak, who can also rush the passer if neccessary. I have not seen anyone dumb enough to compare Shazier to Keuchly.

I compare him more to his co-buckeye AJ Hawk, who has been average at best, and Shazier is even lighter than him, so he will be dominated by just about any TE, Blocking FB, and even mid-size running backs. He's barely the size of most safties.

If they draft this guy at #18, I dont know where you live but I guarantee you will be able to hear me screaming every non-accepted  word at my Coors induced drunken rage.

I think they were referring more to his instincts and play in coverage, but regardless, I don't think our team values ILBs as that premium of a position in the draft. Haven't seen OSU outside of a couple games, so i have no real opinion on Shazier, other than I don't think the position that he plays will be of value when we're selecting.

I love mock drafts as much as the next guy, but these things are really just a bunch of the draftniks spinning their wheels until they combine, senior bowl and pro days. I think your voice should hopefully be safe come draft day. Hopefully.

I think lots of flaws in this guys mock, but what do I know

he's got a good mix of players but going to the wrong teams

the problem with the Shazier pick is 6'2"  230 is not the type of OLB rex is looking for. if he was 250+ and runs maybe this makes more sense. 

The Gholston pick was toxic for this organization who JMO over-favored the Big10 and Ohio State for many years. At the expense of possible SEC draft picks. Idzik went SEC 2x in rd 1 last year and it wouldn't be surprising if it happened again. 

OLB is a need however with the corp being Pace, Barnes,  Garrett McInt and Jermaine Cunningham. And coples altho he runs with the DL mostly. 

If we're looking for a 4-3 OLB I would look at CJ Mosley first, and maybe see if Antonio Allen can put on some muscle/weight (nice HGH regimen), and give him a shot at 4-3 OLB alla Brian Urlacher (I know Utlacher moved to MLB not OLB, but was a Safety I believe in college, maybe I'm wrong).

I think they were referring more to his instincts and play in coverage, but regardless, I don't think our team values ILBs as that premium of a position in the draft. Haven't seen OSU outside of a couple games, so i have no real opinion on Shazier, other than I don't think the position that he plays will be of value when we're selecting.

I love mock drafts as much as the next guy, but these things are really just a bunch of the draftniks spinning their wheels until they combine, senior bowl and pro days. I think your voice should hopefully be safe come draft day. Hopefully.

I have watched almost all OSU games, jus because I am a big Urban Meyer fan, and even mentioned him as a replacement for Rex, but thats another story. Shazier if he ran like he does and weighed 250, then of course, now you are talking more like Keuchly. Everytime I saw him TRY to rush the passer, he got blown up by any RB staying into block, and taking on any lineman, forget it. Also, If he weighs 230 now, I'd be absolutely shocked. He looked more like in the 215 range. I mean I have seen safties with much more poundage than this dude.

Again, this would absolutely be a horrendus pick.

If we avoided schools that produced a bust for the Jets, we'd have to start scouring community colleges.

USC: Sanchez AVOID

OSU: Gholston AVOID

PSU: Thomas AVOID

TEX: Jones AVOID

WVU: Smith AVOID

WVU: Becht AVOID

NEB: Mitchell AVOID

GT: Hill AVOID

You know, you maybe right, Which Communtiy colleges do you recommend?

Archived