Mark Sanchez

Smashmouth

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ask the Bengals how that  philosophy has worked with Dalton. You put lipstick on a pig and it's still a pig.

You mean weapons are overrated, and if the QB sucks, it doesn't matter if you have Jerry Rice, and Lance Alworth out there? Blasphemy. you are killing Geno's and Rex's crutch they are using for saving their jobs every week. How dare you?

it is difficult for me to imagine rex ever willingly benching geno for ineffectiveness if it means dragging sanchez back out there. sanchez has a chance to compete for starting job on some other teams--don't care what jets front office says, he won't get that chance if he stays here. time to move on. it is best for the player and the team.

Ask the Bengals how that  philosophy has worked with Dalton. You put lipstick on a pig and it's still a pig.

you going to bash Dalton for having a damn good season but sh*tting the bed in the playoffs ? What say you about Peyton manning sh*tting the bed for most of his career in the playoffs ? Regular Season GOAT Playoff GOAT of the farm animal variety? Seriously Dalton is still young and did improve a lot no reason to think he can't keep up that improvement moving forward

it is difficult for me to imagine rex ever willingly benching geno for ineffectiveness if it means dragging sanchez back out there. sanchez has a chance to compete for starting job on some other teams--don't care what jets front office says, he won't get that chance if he stays here. time to move on. it is best for the player and the team.

Yeah, all this.  You can't bring the former starter back as a back-up, especially when he's still, age-wise, a viable option to be a long term solution when you're trying to move on.  It just doesn't work.

Yeah, all this.  You can't bring the former starter back as a back-up, especially when he's still, age-wise, a viable option to be a long term solution when you're trying to move on.  It just doesn't work.

Very true but it depends on what the team thinks of Geno and if they think Mark Can still be a viable option. They could still bring in Mark and have them battle it out once again in training camp . Ya never know what their thinking

I would like him gone because I do not want to see any more tapes of the buttfumble when I am watching Jet games.  Networls would find a way to get them in.  Besides, he is old trash.  I would rather have new trash.  New trash has the spring and summer to learn the system  Sanchez has buddies on the team who would spread his discontent around if he stayed.

Very true but it depends on what the team thinks of Geno and if they think Mark Can still be a viable option. They could still bring in Mark and have them battle it out once again in training camp . Ya never know what their thinking

tumblr_md3wamlsgC1rd8sq6o1_500.gif

This would be an awful decision.  They've already given up on Sanchez.  If they're giving up on Geno too, they need to go to option 3.  Not back to option 2.

This would be an awful decision.  They've already given up on Sanchez.  If they're giving up on Geno too, they need to go to option 3.  Not back to option 2.

I think they should go back to square one Draft the QB you want no matter what it takes. If they feel that QB is not in this draft then so be it. But if they do they need to go get him.

Like I said in previous threads I would Get Manzeil in here and move on.

What's the more likely scenario: we've gone ten+ years without a singular talent at WR, RB and TE or that we've been unable to find a QB?  Occam's razor man, we just can't fill that one god damned position.

Jets quarterback history is basically a two peak mountain: 1969 and 1997, with a slighly less deep area inbetween for Kenny O. that is pathetic.

I think they should go back to square one Draft the QB you want no matter what it takes. If they feel that QB is not in this draft then so be it. But if they do they need to go get him.

Dude it would take a RGIII or higher bounty to do that.  NO way!!

Dude it would take a RGIII or higher bounty to do that. NO way!!

Redskins have been set back so far because of that deal. Yes, finding a franchise QB may well be worth all they gave in some instances, but if you whiff or even get a guy who is good but not great, you're screwed. No one in this draft seems worth dealing 2 first rounders for, much less 3.

Dude it would take a RGIII or higher bounty to do that.  NO way!!

So let me get this straight, everyone on these boards, Including you, preach constantly about the QB being the most important player on the field, yet when you have to give something up to get a good QB its a no go ? Sure you may not like this crop of QB's but if the Jets are high on one of them should they just move on or grow some balls ? MM seems to have a decent eye for QB's

I think Sanchez coming back is possible, but I don't think it's the plan - for either the player or the organization. There are a lot of benefits for the team just to get rid of the bad vibe that Sanchez is, and a lot of merit to the change of scenery concept. For Sanchez, he's very likely to get better offers both money- and opportunity-wise from somewhere other than the Jets. For the Jets, the idea of resuscitating a Schaub, Kolb, or Cassel is probably a lot more appealing than the dead end Sanchez represents.

Now if the Jets strike out in free agency, and Sanchez isn't getting the offers to be the starter as soon as he walks in the building, maybe that could change. But I don't think it will.

Manziel, and the means to get him, likely sets this team back another 5 years. Throwing jump balls to Evans off his back foot is unlikely to work quite as well.

So let me get this straight, everyone on these boards, Including you, preach constantly about the QB being the most important player on the field, yet when you have to give something up to get a good QB its a no go ? Sure you may not like this crop of QB's but if the Jets are high on one of them should they just move on or grow some balls ? MM seems to have a decent eye for QB's

If Manziel was Luck it's a different story

I think Sanchez coming back is possible, but I don't think it's the plan - for either the player or the organization. There are a lot of benefits for the team just to get rid of the bad vibe that Sanchez is, and a lot of merit to the change of scenery concept. For Sanchez, he's very likely to get better offers both money- and opportunity-wise from somewhere other than the Jets. For the Jets, the idea of resuscitating a Schaub, Kolb, or Cassel is probably a lot more appealing than the dead end Sanchez represents.

Now if the Jets strike out in free agency, and Sanchez isn't getting the offers to be the starter as soon as he walks in the building, maybe that could change. But I don't think it will.

Well Said Slats.

Personally I hope we do not look for a QB or a short term Bandaid via FA I would much rather we draft a QB or go after young promising QB's such as Cousins.

So let me get this straight, everyone on these boards, Including you, preach constantly about the QB being the most important player on the field, yet when you have to give something up to get a good QB its a no go ? Sure you may not like this crop of QB's but if the Jets are high on one of them should they just move on or grow some balls ? MM seems to have a decent eye for QB's

Giving up 2-3 firsts for a sure thing franchise QB: good move.

Giving up that kind of package for any QB in this draft: bad.

There's a good reason that Houston, STL and Jacksonville have all been rumored to be looking to trade down, and that no one has any clue who the top QB is or when they'll be taken.

Manziel, and the means to get him, likely sets this team back another 5 years. Throwing jump balls to Evans off his back foot is unlikely to work quite as well.

sets us back from what? not like we are speeding down the highway and this will throw up the parking brake.

Well Said Slats.

Personally I hope we do not look for a QB or a short term Bandaid via FA I would much rather we draft a QB or go after young promising QB's such as Cousins.

we need both. short term bandaid and young promising qb--although i disagree on cousins, i agree with the concept

Well Said Slats.

We need to have a vet like Shaun Hill who can play when called upon. But that free agent we sign will not likely be a serious threat to steal the job away from Geno or a rookie.

I currently don't think Manziel is that guy. It'll be interesting to see what the combine brings. The fact that Bortles, Bridgewater, and Manziel are all projected to either go #1 overall, or drop out of the top ten (or lower) suggests to me like they all have a lot of question marks. Probably too many to give up your next three first rounders.

If over the course of the draft, one of these guys does drop out of the top ten, then you can start looking at a more modest -and reasonable- deal.

For what it would take to get up that high we would not be looking at good but great.  Honestly if he is not named Andrew luck you stay unless someone drops to you.  Manziel is way way too far from a lock to risk it.  

So let me get this straight, everyone on these boards, Including you, preach constantly about the QB being the most important player on the field, yet when you have to give something up to get a good QB its a no go ? Sure you may not like this crop of QB's but if the Jets are high on one of them should they just move on or grow some balls ? MM seems to have a decent eye for QB's

There are probably four QBs in next year's draft that are better prospects than any QB coming out this year. Trading up for a QB in this draft is idiocy.

If Manziel was Luck it's a different story

That's why I think it would come for less than what Washington Offered for RGIII to get Manziel. If we had to give up next years number 1 and some picks this year (maybe a 2 or a 3) to get Manziel I would do it. Keeping in mind Seattle built their team with a bunch of 4th to 6th round picks that are now playing at insanely high levels. We as Jets fans are not used to that kind of Draft success but maybe Idzik can change that.

If a guy like Luck was to be in this years draft, one of the most highly touted QB's ever, it might cost even more than what Washington paid

Archived