The QB Rumor Mill

JetNation

NFL: Miami Dolphins at New York JetsGeno Smith finished his rookie season with a QB rating of 66.5.  He started all 16 games and threw 12 touchdowns and 21 interceptions.  When you have those kind of numbers, you can usually expect to have to fight for a starting position the next season.  Geno showed a lot of improvement in the last few games of the year, so there are reasons to be optimistic.  That said, the Jets are expected to bring in competition for Geno Smith and not hand him anything going into next year.

The next starting QB of the Jets will need to earn it.

That means the rumor mill is running at full force.  Here are some threads on the recent names in the rumor mill.

It seems like will have to settle on being the #3 QB next season.  The Jets don’t seem to like the idea of having an inexperienced backup.  Also, here is a thread on  as well for your reading pleasure.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
qGK0Cbeixyw

View the full article

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Simms gets cut, he will find a job fast. Only the stupid Jets don't know talent when they have it. He should have been starting by week 10 last season.

Is he going to take Brett Ratliff's job? Simms was an UDFA and either on the street or sitting on the practice squad waiting for a job all of 2012.  To the extent he has any talent, the Jets were the only ones to see it. 

I also like that his username is his hobby. I've long considered changing my handle to Repartee6969 or BooksAboutWorldWarII420

Gave up that dream a while ago. Usingmytearsasmasturbatorylubricant just barely surpassed the character limit. I refuse to shorten it. If we don't have our pride, what then do we have.

I like his posts, very consistent, always to the point, and articulated in such a way as to really express his dislike of Geno. Fishing guy is a definite keeper.

You really need to stop lumping yourself in with people just because they also like to spend nearly every post they ever write going on and on and on and on about how awful they feel Geno is, regardless of how irrelevant it may be to the topic at hand.  As much as I've disagreed with you on a number of topics (especially beer, I mean come on man), you still look brilliant compared to some of your new friends.  You're really not helping your cause.

You really need to stop lumping yourself in with people just because they also like to spend nearly every post they ever write going on and on and on and on about how awful they feel Geno is, regardless of how irrelevant it may be to the topic at hand.  As much as I've disagreed with you on a number of topics (especially beer, I mean come on man), you still look brilliant compared to some of your new friends.  You're really not helping your cause.

Sometimes being JoeWillie78, comes with many consequences, many tough decisions, but we persevere.

Thanks for the advice, coming from someone who has pretty much the complete opposite thoughts on how to improve the Jets, carries extra weight.

Is referring to oneself in the 3rd person a sign of possible issues I should be aware of?

Sometimes being JoeWillie78, comes with many consequences, many tough decisions, but we persevere.

Thanks for the advice, coming from someone who has pretty much the complete opposite thoughts on how to improve the Jets, carries extra weight.

Is referring to oneself in the 3rd person a sign of possible issues I should be aware of?

So do really you want people just to agree with you?  Fair enough I suppose, but JN ain't the best place to find that, especially if you're drinking Coors freakin' Light.  Most of the time we like to argue just for the sake of arguing around here.

And Bleedin Green thinks it's kind of a douche move to refer to oneself in the third person, but he supposes it's something that can be overlooked.

So do really you want people just to agree with you?  Fair enough I suppose, but JN ain't the best place to find that, especially if you're drinking Coors freakin' Light.  Most of the time we like to argue just for the sake of arguing around here.

And Bleedin Green thinks it's kind of a douche move to refer to oneself in the third person, but he supposes it's something that can be overlooked.

I think we all appreciate someone agreeing with us, but the banter back and forth when we disagree is what keeps us coming back to JetNation.

Sorry, Ive tried to break the Coors Light habit, without much success. I love that stuff.

Ok, no more 3rd person, when I read yours, it creeped me out.

Archived