If I'm commtted to winning I take both Chris Johnson and Desean

77DRAFT

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

Police dramatically revise estimate of cash stolen from DeSean Jackson

Posted by Mike Florio on March 29, 2014, 9:32 AM EDT

On Friday, receiver DeSean Jackson officially became a former Eagle. Also on Friday, $250,000 officially became a former amount of cash allegedly stolen from him in January.

Coincidentally or otherwise, police dramatically reduced the estimated haul of cash from Jackson’s home in January. Initially, reports indicated thieves had stolen $250,000 in cash, $125,000 in jewelry, and two guns.

According to Michael Newall of the Philadelphia Inquirer, only $20,000 was stolen.

“This was a genuine mistake on our part,” police spokesman John Stanford said. “His mother was giving police what she thought was in the home. [T]hey interviewed Jackson, he knows what’s in his house, and he said, ‘No, that’s wrong.’ He told them what was missing.”

But like so many other things associated with Jackson’s final weeks with the Eagles, this one doesn’t add up. If only $20,000 was stolen from Jackson, why did he offer (according to Jeff McLane of the Inquirer) a $50,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the perpetrators?

Something doesn’t add up. It could be, if the report of the reward was true, that Jackson deliberately lowered the amount stolen from him once he realized that it simply wasn’t a good look for him to have so much money in his house — and to then have it stolen.

And if Jackson provided his reduced estimate to police back in January, it doesn’t make sense that the reduced estimate remained under wraps until the very day Jackson was cut.All things considered, it’s hard not to at least wonder whether the Eagles wanted to keep the notion of Jackson having $250,000 in cash and losing it alive while the team went through the machinations of making Jackson a former member of the team. Then again, nothing stopped Jackson from going public to make it clear that he was robbed of only $20,000.Unless, of course, the truth is that the higher amount was stolen.

Should lower his asking price!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Giants kept LT around because he was great, and they

where committed to winning championships, and I think the Jets

roster could get pretty close to championship level if they go

ahead with the Jackson plan and add Chris Johnson.

Most championships teams have an elite runner like Johnson

and he should come at a discount, Jackson will also be

discounted.

People are treating Jackson like he is Hernandez and not only

has he been clean, but his associates as well.

Jackson's bad boy rough shod image sure did backfire,

I didn't know the NFL was a monestary and I'm sure Jackson

has learned from the situation.

I just hope the Jets show some commitment to back up what

they have been saying, the Chariots (patriots) won because

they took advantage of gifts like Rodney Harrison and Victor

Green,and Wes Welker who all came cheap and championship ready.

lol

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

Police dramatically revise estimate of cash stolen from DeSean Jackson

Posted by Mike Florio on March 29, 2014, 9:32 AM EDT

On Friday, receiver DeSean Jackson officially became a former Eagle. Also on Friday, $250,000 officially became a former amount of cash allegedly stolen from him in January.

Coincidentally or otherwise, police dramatically reduced the estimated haul of cash from Jackson’s home in January. Initially, reports indicated thieves had stolen $250,000 in cash, $125,000 in jewelry, and two guns.

According to Michael Newall of the Philadelphia Inquirer, only $20,000 was stolen.

“This was a genuine mistake on our part,” police spokesman John Stanford said. “His mother was giving police what she thought was in the home. [T]hey interviewed Jackson, he knows what’s in his house, and he said, ‘No, that’s wrong.’ He told them what was missing.”

But like so many other things associated with Jackson’s final weeks with the Eagles, this one doesn’t add up. If only $20,000 was stolen from Jackson, why did he offer (according to Jeff McLane of the Inquirer) a $50,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the perpetrators?

Something doesn’t add up. It could be, if the report of the reward was true, that Jackson deliberately lowered the amount stolen from him once he realized that it simply wasn’t a good look for him to have so much money in his house — and to then have it stolen.

And if Jackson provided his reduced estimate to police back in January, it doesn’t make sense that the reduced estimate remained under wraps until the very day Jackson was cut.All things considered, it’s hard not to at least wonder whether the Eagles wanted to keep the notion of Jackson having $250,000 in cash and losing it alive while the team went through the machinations of making Jackson a former member of the team. Then again, nothing stopped Jackson from going public to make it clear that he was robbed of only $20,000.Unless, of course, the truth is that the higher amount was stolen.

Rocky Marciano didn't trust banks either and he was the undefeated champion of the world

Woody Johnson owns this team and John Idzik works for him. Woody Johnson wants to win DeSean Jackson and Chris Johnson help Woody JOhnson win not John Idzik. Both players sell tickets and sell merchandise John Idzik doesn't.

You don't help sell tickets or merchandise, maybe Woody should consider firing you.

You don't help sell tickets or merchandise, maybe Woody should consider firing you.

What about you? You call yourself a Jets fan and probably wouldn't know how to act if the Jets were actually a successful team. STOP the hate buddy. I buy enough merchandise year after year along with season tickets. Ive earned the right to voice my opinion.

What about you? You call yourself a Jets fan and probably wouldn't know how to act if the Jets were actually a successful team. STOP the hate buddy. I buy enough merchandise year after year along with season tickets. Ive earned the right to voice my opinion.

Well, merchandise is part of the revenue sharing that the NFL utilizes, which is disseminated to the rest of the teams in the league. This affords those teams' owners to use that money and sign other players, the players that we aren't signing, the players that you want so badly. So in reality, you have only yourself to blame for losing out on your coveted free agents. 

Well, merchandise is part of the revenue sharing that the NFL utilizes, which is disseminated to the rest of the teams in the league. This affords those teams' owners to use that money and sign other players, the players that we aren't signing, the players that you want so badly. So in reality, you have only yourself to blame for losing out on your coveted free agents. 

Yes its all my fault stone me let me know where and when.

"Oh, no, you didn't?!

That's reversed, "Sikology" that is!

If you make the msitake of signing Vick, logic dictates you sign Jackson and Johnson. Basically you  re trying to make a run this year. Expect noen of it will work, but the logic(really a laick thereof) of all these moves would at least be consistent. Way to go, Woody! SHINY TRINKETS!

If you make the msitake of signing Vick, logic dictates you sign Jackson and Johnson. Basically you  re trying to make a run this year. Expect noen of it will work, but the logic(really a laick thereof) of all these moves would at least be consistent. Way to go, Woody! SHINY TRINKETS!

vick is a 1 year rental to push and develop geno.  he is a massive upgrade over brunell and Garrard.  in no way was his signing a "win now" move.  I hated the signing for a number of reasons, but interpreting this as a move to put the jets over the top would be a mistake

vick is a 1 year rental to push and develop geno.  he is a massive upgrade over brunell and Garrard.  in no way was his signing a "win now" move.  I hated the signing for a number of reasons, but interpreting this as a move to put the jets over the top would be a mistake

He's 34, looking for the last big payday, cannot run any more, could never read defenses and is now a turnover machine. He may be better but not by much.. This move reeks of the owner wanting to make a big splash. Again.

He's 34, looking for the last big payday, cannot run any more, could never read defenses and is now a turnover machine. He may be better but not by much.. This move reeks of the owner wanting to make a big splash. Again.

I thought vick was a woody signing, but why no desean after woody mentioned him to the press ?  that started me thinking.  idzik likes scratch and dent floor models.  goodson.  ivory. colon.

vick was a scratched up floor model, but a heck of an upgrade over Garrard.  you say he can't run anymore, but I bet he's faster than geno.  I think idzik saw value, and signed him

Are you serious? You throw $$$$ at an aging RB and a WR with potential character issues? You do this if your have a Franchise QB and you have 1 year to win it all. You sign both to a 1 yr QB and you make a run. We are nowhere near that position.  

1) Our QB situations is muddled at best.

2) We are not in a WIN NOW situation.

3) Idzik will build for sustained winning not for a 1 year run.

If DJ is willing to take a modest contract then he could fit but to over pay for an aging RB and a potential Holmes 2.0 is crazy. Please think before you post.

LL

The Giants kept LT around because he was great, and they

where committed to winning championships, and I think the Jets

roster could get pretty close to championship level if they go

ahead with the Jackson plan and add Chris Johnson.

Most championships teams have an elite runner like Johnson

and he should come at a discount, Jackson will also be

discounted.

People are treating Jackson like he is Hernandez and not only

has he been clean, but his associates as well.

Jackson's bad boy rough shod image sure did backfire,

I didn't know the NFL was a monestary and I'm sure Jackson

has learned from the situation.

I just hope the Jets show some commitment to back up what

they have been saying, the Chariots (patriots) won because

they took advantage of gifts like Rodney Harrison and Victor

Green,and Wes Welker who all came cheap and championship ready.

Ummmm, no f-ing way. CJ is done, DJ is a team cancer. Pass on both...quickly. The Jets are committed to building a long term winner. Why do people struggle to understand that?

He *was* looking for the last big payday. He didn't get it.

He can make a career out of being a big name back-up for another 3 seasons after this. Play the good soldier here and keep going to teams with young unproven qbs and hope to get lucky amd start.

They both could fit, but they would need to be on deals that are much friendlier than what they are expecting.  These are also two guys I would understand having a do not touch grade on.  One for the gang affiliations and missed meetings, the other for being an older RB.   More likely Idzik will keep tabs on them and make insulting offers.  He may get lucky.

There is a huge level of unease and demand for established players on this board.  I don't get it.  You want young players to come up you have to give them a chance.  All that guys like Johnson do is block younger guys.  They have 12 picks coming in.  They are not all going to start or even make the team, but having older guys around just blocks their path to playing time.  It's why I do not necessarily want another FA safety.  

They both could fit, but they would need to be on deals that are much friendlier than what they are expecting.  These are also two guys I would understand having a do not touch grade on.  One for the gang affiliations and missed meetings, the other for being an older RB.   More likely Idzik will keep tabs on them and make insulting offers.  He may get lucky.

There is a huge level of unease and demand for established players on this board.  I don't get it.  You want young players to come up you have to give them a chance.  All that guys like Johnson do is block younger guys.  They have 12 picks coming in.  They are not all going to start or even make the team, but having older guys around just blocks their path to playing time.  It's why I do not necessarily want another FA safety.  

I agree the fact that we were 8-8 with a young inexperienced team gives a lot of hope for next season. All young teams need established vets. We had a glaring need at WR and Decker alone isn't going to solve the problem add DeSean Jackson and that gives us an elite WR group here. RB if Ivory is healthy it works Powell isnt the answer Goodson and Green are JAGs. Chris Johnson gives you a dimensional RB that if he split carries with Ivory could give us a productive 2-3 years.

If Idzik bargain shops and comes out a winner that's fine if he loses players to other teams because he's too cheap and stubborn then shame on him. The Jets are $32 million under the cap I don't want them to spend it all but I want them to improve this team.

I agree the fact that we were 8-8 with a young inexperienced team gives a lot of hope for next season. All young teams need established vets. We had a glaring need at WR and Decker alone isn't going to solve the problem add DeSean Jackson and that gives us an elite WR group here. RB if Ivory is healthy it works Powell isnt the answer Goodson and Green are JAGs. Chris Johnson gives you a dimensional RB that if he split carries with Ivory could give us a productive 2-3 years.

If Idzik bargain shops and comes out a winner that's fine if he loses players to other teams because he's too cheap and stubborn then shame on him. The Jets are $32 million under the cap I don't want them to spend it all but I want them to improve this team.

All young teams do not need established vets. This team has more than enough.  Ferguson, Mangold, Decker, Ivory, Vick, Colon, Cumberland, Kerley.  You don't need to add guys up around 30.  You won't know if the team has improved until they start playing.  

Given our starting point right now, with an unknown QB situation long-term, there are only 3 types of FAs I'm interested in seeing us sign (or re-sign):

1. Depth players that you're taking a shot on to hopefully surprise and win a starting job (which is somewhat required every season; the only variable is how many)

example: Austin Howard a couple of years back was one that panned out better than anyone expected.  Doesn't mean he was worth top-5 RT money today, but that's what you're hoping to find while they're reasonable, if not outright bargains.

2. Stop-gap players who can start all 16 games as a worst-case scenario.  You want someone else to take the job from him, but if not he isn't going to be the one to kill the team.

example: Willie Colon type, and I guess Vick even though I personally despise the pickup.

3. Long-term solutions who you're relatively sure of wanting as a starter for a minimum of 4 seasons.

example: Eric Decker.  Also if he wasn't already locked up for $6M until the 2016 season (at which time worst case scenario we can tag him), I'd add Wilkerson's name in there now. 

Beyond that we're just spending money to spend money most of the time.  Mega-expensive guys who are big risks are not the types you build a team core around.  I was ok with Jackson if Philadelphia took a late round pick for him, as he wouldn't have even been guaranteed a roster spot this season if he acted up.  But now it'll take over $10M guaranteed to get him - probably 2 years - and that's a big risk.  Chris Johnson I'm ok with as a 3rd down back.  I think he can stay productive for at least 3 years in that role.  But I doubt he's going to be interested in that type of deal yet when he wouldn't take any pay cuts to stay in Tennessee.

Also I didn't think it needed saying, but as #27Dom mentioned, when you sign better than stop-gap veterans and lock yourself into them, the younger guys at those positions aren't going to get a shot.  Especially at positions where young guys aren't typically rotated into and out of.  Not unless they're surprise instant-successes like Russell Wilson. 

All young teams do not need established vets. This team has more than enough.  Ferguson, Mangold, Decker, Ivory, Vick, Colon, Cumberland, Kerley.  You don't need to add guys up around 30.  You won't know if the team has improved until they start playing.  

When has Ferguson or Mangold ever stepped up to be a leader in all the years they've been here?

When has Ferguson or Mangold ever stepped up to be a leader in all the years they've been here?

How the **** would we know?  I have been on plenty of teams and I rarely followed a guy people on the outside would call a "leader"  You are telling me you want Desean Jackson to come to the Jets and be a "leader"?  That is all the more reason NOT to sign the guy.

How the **** would we know?  I have been on plenty of teams and I rarely followed a guy people on the outside would call a "leader"  You are telling me you want Desean Jackson to come to the Jets and be a "leader"?  That is all the more reason NOT to sign the guy.

I never heard or read or even seen anything on the field from either guy that shows leadership. I never said DeSean Jackson as a leader I said veteran prescence and skilled WR.

I never heard or read or even seen anything on the field from either guy that shows leadership. I never said DeSean Jackson as a leader I said veteran prescence and skilled WR.

So Desean Jackson, Crip, + veteran presence.  Ferguson and Mangold are not leaders and therefore not a veteran presence?  I have seen articles about the two of them showing a leadership role.  I don't know how much I believe them, but they are out there.  If you think there is a leadership void and a need for a veteran presence than Desean Jackson is the last guy you should be adding. 

So Desean Jackson, Crip, + veteran presence.  Ferguson and Mangold are not leaders and therefore not a veteran presence?  I have seen articles about the two of them showing a leadership role.  I don't know how much I believe them, but they are out there.  If you think there is a leadership void and a need for a veteran presence than Desean Jackson is the last guy you should be adding. 

The only leader type on offense seems to be Colon.

Archived