Epic Win

dbatesman

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course.  The funniest thing about this offseason is how people take one little blurb like that and extrapolate into an entire narrative that suits their POV.

from what I understand, the jets had real interest and went as far as talking money with verner. due diligence? maybe

Can you please ship me over some of that green koolaid Max. Thats more wishful thinking than you can shake a stick at. 

Kool aid?  Did you read that?  It shows how Seattle built their team and how Idzik plans on building the Jets.  I didn't say anything about it other than Idzik won't overspend on free agents.  Which is his plan.  

Dear Jets Organization,

I do not appreciate you, as a franchise, posting your master plan on the Internet. Don't you guys know that anyone can see this? You're giving away your entire position in bargaining sessions! If this is how you run things on this site, as a professional sports franchise, then it's no wonder you still can't put together a Super Bowl. As a matter of fact, I see you have your phone number listed here, let me give you guys a call and leave some voicemails about how posting the master plan was terrible.

I am seriously pissing my pants.

Well played!

And what are you basing this understanding on? We never even had a visit scheduled.

I read somewhere that the jets were talking to verner. then I read somewhere that the offer/ talking $ wasn't in the ball park  to where verner wanted to be

Kool aid?  Did you read that?  It shows how Seattle built their team and how Idzik plans on building the Jets.  I didn't say anything about it other than Idzik won't overspend on free agents.  Which is his plan.  

If you expect that kind of success in the draft you're a very optimistic person. Apparently if you draft all pro's in the 5th and 6th rounds and a franchise QB in the 3rd, your team will be good!!! Who would've thunk it?!

Wow...someone's Depends are running a little tight in the crotch area

Look, just do me a favor and put me on ignore. I said that I don't get all of the Manish hatred and both you and the other name who I suspect is probably a jerk from NC start accusing me of whining. I don't say nothing about you KS, and I'd appreciate it if you don't say anything about me.

I read somewhere that the jets were talking to verner. then I read somewhere that the offer/ talking $ wasn't in the ball park to where verner wanted to be

The point being, it was never serious enough to merit a visit and he came from a system we don't run and went to a system we don't run. The rest is speculation based on a blurb you remember reading.

If you expect that kind of success in the draft you're a very optimistic person. Apparently if you draft all pro's in the 5th and 6th rounds and a franchise QB in the 3rd, your team will be good!!! Who would've thunk it?!

I am a very optimistic person.  I wake up every day believing there will be enlightening posts in this forum! :)

What team built through high priced free agents and had success?  Denver didn't win last year and even though everyone will predict it, they won't win it all next year.  It almost doesn't make sense because you go out and get all these big name guys and it seems like it would work.  But it doesn't not sure why actually.

Look, just do me a favor and put me on ignore. I said that I don't get all of the Manish hatred and both you and the other name who I suspect is probably a jerk from NC start accusing me of whining. I don't say nothing about you KS, and I'd appreciate it if you don't say anything about me.

Good answer Jimmy.  I wish more people would handle things like this when they don't agree.

Ignore is a wonderful thing.

The point being, it was never serious enough to merit a visit and he came from a system we don't run and went to a system we don't run. The rest is speculation based on a blurb you remember reading.

It was the "legal-tampering" period.  Verner said he'd love to play for the Jets (and the Giants, he was probably in NY) and one of the writers said there was a call to his agent.  Then when FA opened they were after Vontae Davis and there were multiple reports that Verner was not a scheme fit. FWIW, Verner seems to be a good young player and did not get that much.  Seems that Idzik is okay with the scheme on D, if not Rex in general.  It does not fit the idea that he is trying to build the best roster no matter who coaches it.

I am a very optimistic person.  I wake up every day believing there will be enlightening posts in this forum! :)

What team built through high priced free agents and had success?  Denver didn't win last year and even though everyone will predict it, they won't win it all next year.  It almost doesn't make sense because you go out and get all these big name guys and it seems like it would work.  But it doesn't not sure why actually.

And even with Denver, in trying to buy their way to a championship, they also managed to buy themselves a QB, which is worlds different than blowing your load on a safety for a defense in which it is the least important position.

Phil, if we were really following Seattle's plan, we would have traded for this guy:

Percy Harvin’s days a Minnesota Viking may be numbered.

According to ESPN1500 in Minneapolis, as many as four NFL sources are confirming that Vikings wide receiver Percy Harvin had an intense and heated exchange with head coach Leslie Frasier over the decision to place the star on injured reserve last week.

To make matters worse, the report says that Harvin was very public in his fight with Frasier, as it happened in front of various coaches and players in the Vikings locker room.

From Tom Pelissero:

According to four NFL sources, Harvin and Frazier had another heated exchange weeks later in front of some players and staff members, fueling speculation about a deteriorating relationship that could spell the end of Harvin’s four seasons in Minnesota.

The fight occurred over Harvin’s ankle, which he suffered a complete tear in during the Vikings loss back in October to the Seahawks. Apparently Harvin thought he could play, but the Vikings had other plans and team doctors did not support Harvin’s sentiment.

This isn’t the first time Harvin has become a notable problem in the Vikings locker room. He was kicked out of practice in 2010 by Brad Childress who basically accused Harvin of not taking his job seriously. Witnesses to that fight say it spilled over into the weight room and ended when Harvin reportedly threw a weight at former Vikings coach.

Harvin’s fight with Childress came four days after Minnesota unexpectedly cut Randy Moss after trading for him weeks prior.

Back when he played for Florida, Harvin famously failed a drug test for marijuana before the draft and was one of many players named to have undermined Urban Meyer’s final years at Florida. Harvin reportedly chocked receivers coach Billy Gonzalez and threw him to the ground by his neck.

The question now becomes are Harvin’s days in Minnesota numbered. He is entering the final year of his contract next season and has both made himself invaluable to the team while trying his hardest to become expendable thanks to his attitude. The Vikings will have a big decision on their hands this offseason when it comes to hanging on to the former Rookie of the Year or seeing what they can get for him and cutting their ties.

AND

Brandon Pettigrew would be on our team with an 11mil cap hit this year.

AND

A Matt Flynn equivalent would have been traded for as well.

Did they draft well? You bet your ass they did. But I don't think it's an innovation to have a great team by drafting well (and getting a little lucky doesn't hurt)

Denver sure had a horrible year, it's not like the Jets have had a year like that in say, 40 years but hey. Who cares about winning a division, home field in the playoffs and getting to the super bowl because that one loss makes the whole season meaningless. it's better to go 8-8 when you have A PLAN™ than being losers like denver. 

For all the Tanny bashing, he put together 2 Super Bowl contending teams that were derailed by 2 people. Rex and Sanchez.

Rex was all in on drafting Sanchez too. And, he kept rolling him out there game after game when Sanchez deserved to be benched.

Denver sure had a horrible year, it's not like the Jets have had a year like that in say, 40 years but hey. Who cares about winning a division, home field in the playoffs and getting to the super bowl because that one loss makes the whole season meaningless. it's better to go 8-8 when you have A PLAN™ than being losers like denver. 

I have to admit, I thought that not even you were clueless enough to so mindlessly stumble into this clear trap that was set for you, but apparently I underestimated you.  You seriously just compared a playoff team who then signed a HOF QB to the possibility of the Jets adding a safety, a CB, or a different average RT who cost 2M more than average RT they signed.  If this post was intended to be anything more than straight up trolling, I don't think you should be allowed to watch football anymore; it'd be an insult to the game itself.

I have to admit, I thought that not even you were clueless enough to so mindlessly stumble into this clear trap that was set for you, but apparently I underestimated you.  You seriously just compared a playoff team who then signed a HOF QB to the possibility of the Jets adding a safety, a CB, or a different average RT who cost 2M more than average RT they signed.  If this post was intended to be anything more than straight up trolling, I don't think you should be allowed to watch football anymore; it'd be an insult to the game itself.

I didn't compare them. Max did. take it up with him. Idzik would probably offer Manning the league minimum on a non guaranteed deal if he was a FA anyway. Because he has A PLAN™.

For all the Tanny bashing, he put together 2 Super Bowl contending teams that were derailed by 2 people. Rex and Sanchez.

Rex was all in on drafting Sanchez too. And, he kept rolling him out there game after game when Sanchez deserved to be benched.

You're right about this part. 

I didn't compare them. Max did. take it up with him. Idzik would probably offer Manning the league minimum on a non guaranteed deal if he was a FA anyway. Because he has A PLAN™.

Actually no, Max simply cited one instance of a team attempting to buy a championship and failing when making the point that it doesn't work.  You are the one who attempted to use that as fuel to compare that failure to the prospects of the 2014 Jets, had they signed some more free agents.  There is absolutely no FA signing that will ever come close to providing equal value to that of a HOF QB, and the Broncos get nowhere near the Super Bowl if not for Manning despite all of their other spending, so the comparison is unfounded to say the very least.

Actually no, Max simply cited one instance of a team attempting to buy a championship and failing when making the point that it doesn't work.  You are the one who attempted to use that as fuel to compare that failure to the prospects of the 2014 Jets, had they signed some more free agents.  There is absolutely no FA signing that will ever come close to providing equal value to that of a HOF QB, and the Broncos get nowhere near the Super Bowl if not for Manning despite all of their other spending, so the comparison is unfounded to say the very least.

But when comparing them to the Seahawks, you can say that Seattle spent more on their non-QB roster than the Broncos did, by about 18 and a half million dollars (or more since they were both up near the upper limits of the cap last year), no?

Good answer Jimmy.  I wish more people would handle things like this when they don't agree.

Ignore is a wonderful thing.

Not for nothing Max, but all I said originally was that it wasn't a ******* surprise when he mentioned he didn't get all of the Manish hate. 

That made sense to me because the only people who seemingly like Mehta are people who fuel him by hating on the Jets too.  Those are the people Manish targets.

Someone then quoted me saying that SoFlaJets was being a whiner.  That wasn't me.  Then I was met with:

Hey KS and nj meadowlands screw both of you ufcking ejrk offs and keep your your comments about me to yourself.

Maybe if I wasn't called a f*cking jerkoff I wouldn't have replied with my smartass Depends comment.  Acting like SoFlaJets is the picture of perfect posters now after he told me to ignore him, after first calling me a f*cking jerkoff, doesn't quite make much sense.  But that seems par for the course lately around here.

Archived