Who Will Be This Year's Whipping Boy?

F.Chowds

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

look up definition of "consensus"--after you do that, use it three times this week and it's yours :)

Not that there was any sort of consensus here on the subject, either, but you're the one who used the word "everyone." I even quoted you to help you along.

Not that there was any sort of consensus here on the subject, either, but you're the one who used the word "everyone." I even quoted you to help you along.

next week we will cover "figure of speech"--nail down consensus first (you only have to use it twice more to own it!), don't want to overwhelm you when we are making such good progress.

next week we will cover "figure of speech"--nail down consensus first (you only have to use it twice more to own it!), don't want to overwhelm you when we are making such good progress.

Was it also a figure of speech when you said Rex was completely incapable of ever having even an average offense? Because despite the monumental handicap of having Mark Sanchez + zero other options at QB, that was also something that has been accomplished.  Statistically it was probably his least-awful year, but he was still terrible and benefitted from a lot of ineptitude on the part of defenses he faced (dropped picks).

Was it also a figure of speech when you said Rex was completely incapable of ever having even an average offense? Because despite the monumental handicap of having Mark Sanchez + zero other options at QB, that was also something that has been accomplished.  Statistically it was probably his least-awful year, but he was still terrible and benefitted from a lot of ineptitude on the part of defenses he faced (dropped picks).

Under Rex Ryan, the Jets led the league in rushing, and then came in 2nd the following season.  Rushing the football is part of offense.  I swear.  Just googled it.  He was also the head coach for the person who leads the franchise in the most TD's in a single season and TD's can be scored by offense.  Swear.  Googled it.

So basically, Rex Ryan is the best offensive coach the Jets have ever had.

Under Rex Ryan, the Jets led the league in rushing, and then came in 2nd the following season. Rushing the football is part of offense. I swear. Just googled it. He was also the head coach for the person who leads the franchise in the most TD's in a single season and TD's can be scored by offense. Swear. Googled it.

You guys. I swear.

Under Rex Ryan, the Jets led the league in rushing, and then came in 2nd the following season.  Rushing the football is part of offense.  I swear.  Just googled it.  He was also the head coach for the person who leads the franchise in the most TD's in a single season and TD's can be scored by offense.  Swear.  Googled it.

This is sponge worthy.

how do you judge whether an offense is average? i am sure there are plenty of statistical ways to show the jets had an above average offense in the 2 great rushing years. admittedly i'm judging by some eye test stuff here (as is every fan's right) but to be "average" in my mind you have to be competent (1) running and (2) passing. not exemplary, but competent. an average offense needs to have some degree of balance. it shouldn't be too much to ask to have an average balanced offense--middle of road in running AND passing.

Remember when Geno improved over the last 4 weeks?  After Rex benched him and didnt give him the leash he gave Sanchez?  They call that developing.  QB's play offense.  Fact.  I googled it.

Impossible.  Geno plays offense.  I used the Jetnation website to find that fact.  I found the website easy to use and informative. You should Google it and check it out. 

Impossible.  Geno plays offense.  I used the Jetnation website to find that fact.  I found the website easy to use and informative. You should Google it and check it out. 

I promise, he's the QB and he got better as the season went on.

You know who else got better as the season went on?  Chris Ivory.  He's a running back.  Running back's play offense.  Fact.  I googled it.  You know who else?  David Nelson.  He plays wide receiver.  Wide Receivers play offense.  Fact.  I googled it.

I promise, he's the QB and he got better as the season went on.

You know who else got better as the season went on? Chris Ivory. He's a running back. Running back's play offense. Fact. I googled it. You know who else? David Nelson. He plays wide receiver. Wide Receivers play offense. Fact. I googled it.

Look at yourself.

If CJ2K does not live up to expectations.....Well there you go.

Whose expectations?  Those that think it's 2009 or those that realize we are getting a run down back who averaged < 4 YPC last year

Under Rex Ryan, the Jets led the league in rushing, and then came in 2nd the following season. Rushing the football is part of offense. I swear. Just googled it. He was also the head coach for the person who leads the franchise in the most TD's in a single season and TD's can be scored by offense. Swear. Googled it.

PrNV7Yg.gif

Whose expectations?  Those that think it's 2009 or those that realize we are getting a run down back who averaged < 4 YPC last year

Poor choice of words on my part -- I certainly dont expect 2009 but he is my choice to feel the wrath of the fans.

Archived