"Third Man" could be Rookie DPOY

Greenseed4

What I'm carrying out here is a grotesque of anti-feminist journalistic criticism to highlight how an awful, poorly researched article with a bullsh*t, unsupported thesis damages the credibility of all female sportswriters. Judy Battista and Jane McManus should take this Ashley Fox out back and staple a Hooters application to her forehead.

Bottom line we have incompetent male and female sportwriters- equally bad.

Bottom line we have incompetent male and female sportwriters- equally bad.

But apparently according to Tom every incompetent female journalist isn't just an incompetent journalist but an ambassador for her entire gender. That's just sexism plain and simple. This woman isn't responsible for her entire gender. Her actions do not validate or invalidate the actions of women around the globe. I don't see you saying that cimini is a disgrace to male journalists. It's hate speech.

But apparently according to Tom every incompetent female journalist isn't just an incompetent journalist but an ambassador for her entire gender. That's just sexism plain and simple. This woman isn't responsible for her entire gender. Her actions do not validate or invalidate the actions of women around the globe. I don't see him saying that cimini is a disgrace to male journalists. It's hate speech.

But apparently according to Tom every incompetent female journalist isn't just an incompetent journalist but an ambassador for her entire gender. That's just sexism plain and simple. This woman isn't responsible for her entire gender. Her actions do not validate or invalidate the actions of women around the globe. I don't see you saying that cimini is a disgrace to male journalists. It's hate speech.

You know, this wouldn't be a problem if she were barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen.

^ This post is hate speech toward coherent thought. If Cimini were to write something as flagrantly hacky as this, he'd certainly be killed for it, but no one would specify that he's a "male sportswriter" because that would be redundant. Gender equality in sports media is a giant, boring topic that ESPN likes to pretend it cares about, despite the fact that it populates its SportsCenter desks with strippers in prom dresses while stashing ESPNW articles into the same deep, dark recesses of Bristol where they've hidden Linda Cohn and Mike Tirico's personnel file.

Tom, if we thought you were going to hurt yourself if the Jets drafted a defensive player, I can't imagine the horror if said player was actually good.  It could get ugly.

Quick question: if Pryor turns out to be a bum, who will you blame?

To answer honestly I don't know.  I just think Shane's "player development" angle is way overstated.  I agree that Rex has been given defensive talent, but I place that on the GM.  Shane and some others give the coach more credit/blame for picking players.  There have not been too many guys on either side of the ball that went on to success elsewhere after leaving the Jets, so I think it is a talent issue more than development.  Not even these stud QBs we were supposed to start like Ratliff, McElroy and Tebow.

Specifically regarding Pryor, if he's a bum it's probably on Idzik.  If he is just eh, it is more likely on Rex.  Rex does not seem to prioritize the safety position, so I can see Rex kind of wasting a stud at the position.

Archived