Update on Milliner. Some encouraging news.

JetsFanInDenver

Milliner update. He already is spending time out of his walking boot. That he's able to do that three days after the injury is an encouraging sign, indicating it probably isn't a high-ankle sprain, according to medical experts. Milliner is expected to miss three to four weeks.

Entire article:

CORTLAND, N.Y. -- The New York Jets will conduct their final open practice in Cortland, starting at 10 a.m. ET. With the next summer's training-camp destination up in the air, this could be their last practice ever in Cortland.

After several days in pads, the players will be in "shells," meaning it probably will be a light workout. Storylines we'll be following:

• Michael Vick's rebound. In the wind and rain, Vick suffered one of his worst practices in camp on Tuesday. Afteward, he admitted he let the conditions get the best of him. Unfortunately, the forecast calls for more of the same weather. It didn't affect Geno Smith.
  • New-look secondary. The revamped defensive backfield has held up reasonably well since Sunday, when Dee Milliner (ankle) and Dexter McDougle (knee) went down with injuries. We're talking about three new starters -- Antonio Allen and Ellis Lankster at corner, Jaiquawn Jarrett at safety. Let's see if they can make it three solid days in a row.
  • Milliner update. He already is spending time out of his walking boot. That he's able to do that three days after the injury is an encouraging sign, indicating it probably isn't a high-ankle sprain, according to medical experts. Milliner is expected to miss three to four weeks.
  • Medical report. With wide receiver Eric Decker (quadriceps) returning Tuesday, the focus shift to running back Chris Ivory (ribs) and cornerback Dimitri Patterson (calf, quadrices and ankle). Ivory is expected to play Saturday night against the Cincinnati Bengals, but Patterson is iffy.

What's the cause of all your ankle injuries?

I had 1 or 2 during my elite basketball days playing the likes of Vince Carter, Tracy McGrady, Amari Stoudamire and Marquis Daniels but believe it or not, most of my injuries came after my playing days.

One while I was skateboarding with Tony Hawk and another while I was throwing the Football with David Garrard on the beach.

I had 1 or 2 during my elite basketball days playing the likes of Vince Carter, Tracy McGrady, Amari Stoudamire and Marquis Daniels but believe it or not, most of my injuries came after my playing days.

One while I was skateboarding with Tony Hawk and another while I was throwing the Football with David Garrard on the beach.

"Throwing the football?"

Is that what you're calling it these days?

I'm excited to see what T0m thinks of this post.

Milliner update. He already is spending time out of his walking boot. That he's able to do that three days after the injury is an encouraging sign, indicating it probably isn't a high-ankle sprain, according to medical experts. Milliner is expected to miss three to four weeks.

Entire article:

CORTLAND, N.Y. -- The New York Jets will conduct their final open practice in Cortland, starting at 10 a.m. ET. With the next summer's training-camp destination up in the air, this could be their last practice ever in Cortland.

After several days in pads, the players will be in "shells," meaning it probably will be a light workout. Storylines we'll be following:

• Michael Vick's rebound. In the wind and rain, Vick suffered one of his worst practices in camp on Tuesday. Afteward, he admitted he let the conditions get the best of him. Unfortunately, the forecast calls for more of the same weather. It didn't affect Geno Smith.
  • New-look secondary. The revamped defensive backfield has held up reasonably well since Sunday, when Dee Milliner (ankle) and Dexter McDougle (knee) went down with injuries. We're talking about three new starters -- Antonio Allen and Ellis Lankster at corner, Jaiquawn Jarrett at safety. Let's see if they can make it three solid days in a row.
  • Milliner update. He already is spending time out of his walking boot. That he's able to do that three days after the injury is an encouraging sign, indicating it probably isn't a high-ankle sprain, according to medical experts. Milliner is expected to miss three to four weeks.
  • Medical report. With wide receiver Eric Decker (quadriceps) returning Tuesday, the focus shift to running back Chris Ivory (ribs) and cornerback Dimitri Patterson (calf, quadrices and ankle). Ivory is expected to play Saturday night against the Cincinnati Bengals, but Patterson is iffy.

good news. high ankle sprains can literally derail most of a season. they say 2 months or so, but in reality,its more than that. the jets need to be patient with this and not rush him back

king%20of%20comedy.jpg

I had 1 or 2 during my elite basketball days playing the likes of Vince Carter, Tracy McGrady, Amari Stoudamire and Marquis Daniels but believe it or not, most of my injuries came after my playing days.

One while I was skateboarding with Tony Hawk and another while I was throwing the Football with David Garrard on the beach.

I like to pretend you're trapped in an iron lung and this name-dropping you do is part of your charming escapist fantasies. Would make an excellent ABC Family film starring Willie Aames.

Shirtless, I hope.

Duh, in my favorite speedo.

I like to pretend you're trapped in an iron lung and this name-dropping you do is part of your charming escapist fantasies. Would make an excellent ABC Family film starring Willie Aames.

Me and Willie go way back. 

If only IZDICK had thrown a boatload of money at DRC, Milliner would already be back on the practice field.

I was the first to say this.

I'm holding out for a new contract. This place needs me too much not to pay me.

Archived