The Best Team In New York Is..

Jet Nut

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are you, his big brother? And no, that's not it at all. You're ******* wrong.

Let him call me out what is it your ******* job? Unless you're infatuated with the GM's dick, which compelled you to say something, you should have shut the **** up and kept out of it, you ******* washer woman.

"quite deservedly so" ******* Hallway monitor. lol

POTW NOM

What are you, his big brother? And no, that's not it at all. You're ******* wrong.

Let him call me out what is it your ******* job? Unless you're infatuated with the GM's dick, which compelled you to say something, you should have shut the **** up and kept out of it, you ******* washer woman.

"quite deservedly so" ******* Hallway monitor. lol

Oh, and if you're anything above like 14 years old, you should probably seek out professional help.  I'm dead serious too, this isn't just some random forum insult.  A properly functioning adult human mind cannot possibly believe that there is even the slightest bit of validity to your completely hypocritical crazy rants.

I see nothing changes. Another year and the same ole same ole out of good ole BG. You used that on me, and about 10 others in the last 2 years. If everyone in the room is now dumber over and over doesnt that make you the dumb one? Food for thought.

Hey, welcome back.  I've missed you.

Although I believe at this point I'm required to go so on some sort of crazy, yet supposedly completely justified, rant based around you supposedly not being allowed to post a response to anything that wasn't directed at you, and how that must make you Gastineau Lives' washer woman boyfriend, or something like that.  I don't know, I'll let Gastineau fill us in on what the proper procedure is there though.

I'd just as soon let you give me a hard time about it (as I freely admit I've abused the use of that video), but that's apparently not allowed around here anymore.  Sorry.

Hey, welcome back.  I've missed you.

Although I believe at this point I'm required to go so on some sort of crazy, yet supposedly completely justified, rant based around you supposedly not being allowed to post a response to anything that wasn't directed at you, and how that must make you Gastineau Lives' washer woman boyfriend, or something like that.  I don't know, I'll let Gastineau fill us in on what the proper procedure is there though.

I'd just as soon let you give me a hard time about it (as I freely admit I've abused the use of that video), but that's apparently not allowed around here anymore.  Sorry.

High road. Nice. The new you. I missed you as well.

High road. Nice. The new you. I missed you as well.

You might be giving me a little too much credit with "high road", but its certainly not the lowest either... so I appreciate the sentiment. lol

And yeah, what the hell, I'm sure we'll still argue plenty as the season goes on, but what are these boards for anyway?  Agreeing with everyone eventually gets boring.

Thanks for proving my point.

His post wasn't directed at you, but it didn't stop you, now did it? If you don't want anyone else responding to your little tantrums then perhaps stick to PMs and keep your homoerotic infatuation with the GMs dick to yourself.

Either that or accept the fact that when you try to call someone out for something you're just as guilty of, you're bound to get the same, and quite deservedly so.

LOL

Oh, and if you're anything above like 14 years old, you should probably seek out professional help.  I'm dead serious too, this isn't just some random forum insult.  A properly functioning adult human mind cannot possibly believe that there is even the slightest bit of validity to your completely hypocritical crazy rants.

Ah, you're such a little bitch everyone in this room now has a pussy.

Let's keep things in perspective.  I was very happy about our game week 1 but it was still just 1 game.  What happens if our secondary doesn't play as well this week and Rodgers burns us badly.  And what if the Giants win week 2 as well?  We'll clearly have a different perspective then.  Keep in mind that, in our preseason predictions, I'm pretty sure I said the Jets would win 10 games (so it's not like I wasn't optimistic about this team going into the season).

StiIf you have any doubt, ask yourself this: If the two teams were stocks, which one would you buy?

Still probably the Giants....

Giants: Large Cap Growth stock: sustainable growth over the long term, solid CEO with strong leadership team, utilizes profits to re-invest back into the company and has paid huge dividends in recent years to shareholders.

Jets: Small Cap stock: no track record of sustainable growth, disengaged CEO with constantly changing leadership team, would rather sit on large amounts of cash rather than re-investing back into the company and hasn't paid dividends to shareholders in the last 46 years.

Giants: Large Cap Growth stock: sustainable growth over the long term, solid CEO with strong leadership team, utilizes profits to re-invest back into the company and has paid huge dividends in recent years to shareholders.

Jets: Small Cap stock: no track record of sustainable growth, disengaged CEO with constantly changing leadership team, would rather sit on large amounts of cash rather than re-investing back into the company and hasn't paid dividends to shareholders in the last 46 years.

Of course, the same argument (no track record of sustainable growth) could've been used against the Pats back in 2002.

Please elaborate when you say, "rather than re-investing back into the company"...is this other than on the field?

Isn't Idzik sitting on $21MM?

So one season, meanwhile the Jets were notorious for spending big on FA's good and bad every year before that?

What are you trying to pull some Jedi mind trick? Youve got to do better than that my winless friend.

So one season, meanwhile the Jets were notorious for spending big on FA's good and bad every year before that?

What are you trying to pull some Jedi mind trick? Youve got to do better than that my winless friend.

So when the Jets finish the season 9-7 or 8-8 and miss the playoffs by one game, you'll still be happy because Idzik is sitting on $21MM?

So when the Jets finish the season 9-7 or 8-8 and miss the playoffs by one game, you'll still be happy because Idzik is sitting on $21MM?

I'll be happy that we will have a def answer whether Geno is the long term answer, money to resign our most important pieces, replace what needs to be replaced, and we didnt throw a sh#t ton of money at a corner or wr that wasnt going to increase our win total.

If we are in the same position going into camp next year with the same amount of space...then I'll be concerned. We arent in a mandatory "win now" mode like the Pats.

You are aware that the NFL has changed it's salary cap rules, and that now money unspent in one season gets carried over into future years, right? I'm assuming you're being purposely obtuse, but I suppose it's possible that you're just ignorant.

From the Salary Cap/NFL page on Wiki:

The new collective bargaining agreement formulated in 2011 had an initial salary cap of $120 million. While the previous CBA had a salary floor, the new CBA did not have one until 2013. Starting with that season, each team is required to spend a minimum of 88.8% of the cap in cash on player compensation,[9] and 90% in future years. However, the floor is based on total cash spent over each of two four-year periods, the first running from 2013–2016 and the second from 2017–2020. A team can be under the floor in one or more seasons in a cycle without violating the CBA, as long as its total spending during the four-year period reaches the required percentage of the cap.[9]

So basically, you add up the four salary cap maximums over the four years, and a team is required to spend @ 90% of that figure over that four year period - and has those four years to spend it. So, the $21M the Jets didn't spend this year will be available to them to spend in 2015-2016. As cheap a bastard as John Idzik strives to be, he still has to get to that 90% number over the four year term. And if he's not the spendthrift many of us think he is, he'll actually be in position to splurge next year.

If the Jets do manage to win 8 or 9 games with a young team that's under the cap by $21M (while carrying another $12M or so in dead money), imagine what great shape they'll be in next year with an extra $33M to spend over next year's cap!

I would've liked to see the Jets sign Vontae Davis for about $10M of that money this year, but I understand the logic of saving it. Especially if they were looking at potentially getting into the FA QB market next season. If they discover they're set at QB, they're gonna have a ton of resources to build a team around him next year.

You might be giving me a little too much credit with "high road", but its certainly not the lowest either... so I appreciate the sentiment. lol

And yeah, what the hell, I'm sure we'll still argue plenty as the season goes on, but what are these boards for anyway?  Agreeing with everyone eventually gets boring.

I agree

Archived