Braylon Edwards- "Rex wants to win his way so he gets the credit"

Matt39

"It definitely can, and you're seeing it now. I feel like Rex has had so much success, from Baltimore to the Jets early on in his tenure there, that now that it's not going his way he does not know how to dial it back and simplify. He wants things to work his way so he can get the credit for it."

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2014/10/braylon_edwards_rips_into_geno_smith_rex_ryan_because_hes_an_expert_on_leadership.html

Obviously Braylon is one to voice.

Rex Ryan responds to Braylon Edwards: 'Trying to get a full-time job or something?'

Dom Cosentino | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com By Dom Cosentino | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

Email the author | Follow on Twitter

on October 10, 2014 at 2:25 PM, updated October 10, 2014 at 2:39 PM

FLORHAM PARK -- Rex Ryan on Friday afternoon was asked for a reaction to the leadership advice Braylon Edwards had to offer the Jets in a recent television appearance.

After first admitting he hadn't seen or heard what Edwards, the ex-Jets receiver-turned-leadership expert, had to say, Ryan was told about this remark, which Edwards had made Thursday on SNY:

"I feel like Rex has had so much success, from Baltimore to the Jets early on in his tenure there, that now that it's not going his way he does not know how to dial it back and simplify. He wants things to work his way so he can get the credit for it."

Ryan smiled.

"That I want to get credit for it?" he said. "Hey, I don't care who gets credit for it. I want it to work—he's right about that; there's no question about that. But work my way?"

Ryan was then told Edwards said Ryan doesn't adjust his scheme to fit his personnel, specifically by playing Cover 2.

Now, there's no question the Jets are a mess right now, and that Ryan's job is again on the line. But while it's true the Jets stuck to blitzes that kept their corners in single coverage last week against the Chargers, one must wonder whether Edwards has actually watched the Jets this season, considering they have played Cover 2 at times, particularly against the Lions.

Ryan's response: "I'd have to say that's probably not a real accurate statement. It's not about a scheme. You could have a thousand defenses if you looked at us. So I would disagree there. It's player over scheme, so we'll always do what matches our abilities—always have, and all that.

"Usually, I can agree with Braylon on a lot of things, but I'm 100 percent in disagreement with this one."

Then, a few minutes later, after Ryan left the podium to exit his press conference, he said, "What was Braylon doing? Trying to get a full-time job or something?"

Previously: Braylon Edwards rips into Geno Smith, Rex Ryan because he's an expert on leadership

Dom Cosentino may be reached at dcosentino@njadvancemedia.com. Follow him on Twitter @domcosentino. Find NJ.com Jets on Facebook

Rex Ryan responds to Braylon Edwards: 'Trying to get a full-time job or something?'

Dom Cosentino | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com By Dom Cosentino | NJ Advance Media for NJ.com

Email the author | Follow on Twitter

on October 10, 2014 at 2:25 PM, updated October 10, 2014 at 2:39 PM

FLORHAM PARK -- Rex Ryan on Friday afternoon was asked for a reaction to the leadership advice Braylon Edwards had to offer the Jets in a recent television appearance.

After first admitting he hadn't seen or heard what Edwards, the ex-Jets receiver-turned-leadership expert, had to say, Ryan was told about this remark, which Edwards had made Thursday on SNY:

"I feel like Rex has had so much success, from Baltimore to the Jets early on in his tenure there, that now that it's not going his way he does not know how to dial it back and simplify. He wants things to work his way so he can get the credit for it."

Ryan smiled.

"That I want to get credit for it?" he said. "Hey, I don't care who gets credit for it. I want it to work—he's right about that; there's no question about that. But work my way?"

Ryan was then told Edwards said Ryan doesn't adjust his scheme to fit his personnel, specifically by playing Cover 2.

Now, there's no question the Jets are a mess right now, and that Ryan's job is again on the line. But while it's true the Jets stuck to blitzes that kept their corners in single coverage last week against the Chargers, one must wonder whether Edwards has actually watched the Jets this season, considering they have played Cover 2 at times, particularly against the Lions.

Ryan's response: "I'd have to say that's probably not a real accurate statement. It's not about a scheme. You could have a thousand defenses if you looked at us. So I would disagree there. It's player over scheme, so we'll always do what matches our abilities—always have, and all that.

"Usually, I can agree with Braylon on a lot of things, but I'm 100 percent in disagreement with this one."

Then, a few minutes later, after Ryan left the podium to exit his press conference, he said, "What was Braylon doing? Trying to get a full-time job or something?"

Previously: Braylon Edwards rips into Geno Smith, Rex Ryan because he's an expert on leadership

Dom Cosentino may be reached at dcosentino@njadvancemedia.com. Follow him on Twitter @domcosentino. Find NJ.com Jets on Facebook

Ughhhhh Does he realize he DOES NOT have to answer these questions? These reporters are shooting fish in a barrel

Everything went downhill when they didn't re - sign Bray and released Cotch. Give Sanchez another season with the Flight Boys and things might have been different.

Remember Bray fighting for that TD against the Pats in the playoffs? Or Cotch diving for the catch with a pulled hammy?

Instead they decided to triple down with the sociopaths in Tone, Plax & Mason

Everything went downhill when they didn't re - sign Bray and released Cotch. Give Sanchez another season with the Flight Boys and things might have been different.

Remember Bray fighting for that TD against the Pats in the playoffs? Or Cotch diving for the catch with a pulled hammy?

Agree.

And the whole reason they did that was so they could try to build the worlds greatest defense by going after Asomcantspellhisname, who sucked anyway.

Said it at the time.

Replaced Cotchery with Holmes

Thomas Jones with LaDainian Tomlinson

Leon Johnson with Joe McKnight

Braylon Edwards with Plaxico Burress and Derrick Mason

Also dumped veteran leaders Shaun Ellis and Tony Richardson.

They threw solid citizens into the street for cancers who were exiled from other teams. Because swagger. Rex made his own bed.

Said it at the time.

Replaced Cotchery with Holmes

Thomas Jones with LaDainian Tomlinson

Leon Johnson with Joe McKnight

Braylon Edwards with Plaxico Burress and Derrick Mason

Also dumped veteran leaders Shaun Ellis and Tony Richardson.

They threw solid citizens into the street for cancers who were exiled from other teams. Because swagger. Rex made his own bed.

Yup, exactomundo.

And I know, the Rex lovers will be out in full force screaming he is not the GM, blah, blah, blah.

And while it was idiotic to say the least, he directed the personnel moves.

The fact that he survived 2012 was horrifying.

So true. Tone, Plax and Mason. There were fans who were delighted by that combo back then. If i was in the business of saying "I told you so" I would do just that.

Archived