The Bevell - Harvin connection

deucebag

Bevell was the OC at Minnesota when Harvin had his best years, then Harvin follows Bevell to Seattle - now Harvin is a Jet - is Bevell soon to follow?   Also note Holmgren-Reid-Childress-Mornhinweg-Bevell - all part of the same coaching tree - so if Bevell becomes the Jets HC, does Marty stay as OC?

Idzik figured it was finally time to give Rex some help and took Seattle to the woodshed.

So now that Rex has adequate "help," would it meet with your approval to fire him after what will be yet another losing season, or should we extend him anyway (not will he be fired, but should he be)? You never answered that question the last time I posed it to you.

So now that Rex has adequate "help," would it meet with your approval to fire him after what will be yet another losing season, or should we extend him anyway (not will he be fired, but should he be)? You never answered that question the last time I posed it to you.

At this point if they have a losing season I could understand why he would be fired.

I think plays that stand out to me is that even though the D has different players over the years, Ryan has this D installed for 6 years and they have to call timeouts like in the Pats game last Thursday when they weren't lined up correctly and there was confusion. We keep that timeout and Geno probably gets 8 more yards for a FG that Folk more than likely makes. That is not the 1st time I have seen these wasted timeouts cost us games and that is where I see Ryan is a bad in game coach which when most games are close will cause us to never be a consistent team. Can we end up with a worse coach than Ryan, certainly yes. But, not taking a chance to get a better one after this season would be a bad idea. I felt keeping him and the coaching staff for this season to keep continuity may be good, but we see it has not helped at all and we have taken major steps back. Best to get another head coach even though we need to learn new systems.   

Bevell was the OC at Minnesota when Harvin had his best years, then Harvin follows Bevell to Seattle - now Harvin is a Jet - is Bevell soon to follow?   Also note Holmgren-Reid-Childress-Mornhinweg-Bevell - all part of the same coaching tree - so if Bevell becomes the Jets HC, does Marty stay as OC?

Make too much sense under Woody's leadership.  Sad really.

I think plays that stand out to me is that even though the D has different players over the years, Ryan has this D installed for 6 years and they have to call timeouts like in the Pats game last Thursday when they weren't lined up correctly and there was confusion. We keep that timeout and Geno probably gets 8 more yards for a FG that Folk more than likely makes. That is not the 1st time I have seen these wasted timeouts cost us games and that is where I see Ryan is a bad in game coach which when most games are close will cause us to never be a consistent team. Can we end up with a worse coach than Ryan, certainly yes. But, not taking a chance to get a better one after this season would be a bad idea. I felt keeping him and the coaching staff for this season to keep continuity may be good, but we see it has not helped at all and we have taken major steps back. Best to get another head coach even though we need to learn new systems.   

Good post.

It's so much worse in person. I honestly think we'd take a timeout on every single play if we could.

Good post.

Meh...  they have a rookie, AA playing out of position, and a bunch of castoffs in the backfield.  Ryans defense has been around for 6 years but half the D has been playing it for 6 weeks.

We can play the what if game about that timeout but fact of the matter is it worked.  Giving up a first down and eventual touchdown and the Jets may never have gotten to the point where they had a chance to tie.  They did stop them right after the TO.

In a way, leaving ourselves with one timeout with 20 minutes left in regulation was a stroke of genius.

Perhaps not but the defense that was dialed up to stop them on that crucial 3rd down may have been.  Glad Harris had the wherewithal to notice the neophytes were out of position.

It's so much worse in person. I honestly think we'd take a timeout on every single play if we could.

Sequence of my mind on a 4th down play:

Geno looks like he's throwing-> oh God hope it's not a sack

Ball leaves geno's hand -> oh God I hope it's not a pick

Ball hits WR's hands -> i hope he doesn't drop it.

WR catches the ball -> i hope he doesn't stop just short of the first down marker

WR crosses the marker -> please don't fumble it

Ball pops loose but he's down by contact -> please no flags and i hope a jet doesn't punch somebody and gets ejected.

No flag but Ref signals no play -> wait wtf? I have literally no idea what is happening.

Ref signals that the jets have taken their 2nd timeout in the 2nd half in the 3rd quarter before the play occured -> What. The. ****.

At the very least, this trade looks like it has spawned a whole new slew of Idzik conspiracy theories. And for that I say, thank you Percy Harvin. Thank you.

LOL!  If Idzik did half the stuff he was accused of, he would get about 2 hours sleep a night. He sounds like a busy man with all these cover ups and conspiracy theories!

Archived