Will you root for Rex if he becomes another team's HC?

TuscanyTile2

What don't you get? Slats basically said Mangini isn't worth much and your response was that Rex is awful. What does one have to do with the other was the point I'm making

I am speculating we would've been better off wit Mangini and if favre hast gotten hurt we never would've heard of Rex. Right now we would probably be debating maginis future with you defending him and me saying he has to go!

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he goes to ATL I will definitely root for him.  I'd love to see what Rex could do with a real qb.

destroy him ,,,

Tell the Media he will be using a color coded system to completely embarrass and destroy any confidence he's developed,,,

trade White and Jones for DL and a few draft picks he can use on DL

replace White and Jones with practice squad players and malcontents who get drunk daily and shoot themselves by mistake in a public place then find out where Tim Tebow flips burgers and sign him to push and revitalize Matt Ryans broken career. Oh yeah almost forgot Sign Calvin Pace when the Next GM ships his ass the **** out of town along with John god damn Connor

Almost forgot Sign Shottenheimer to help run that offense into the ground

Hell no.

I'm a Jets Fan, not a Chad fan, a Sanchez Fan or a Rex Fan.

I will never understand rooting for guys who failed here as if they were still playing for us.

Former Jet Derangement Syndrome is a serious mental illness, and needs treatment.

Seriously.

Rex didn't have anything to do with the early success that the Jets achieved - hell, I could've coached those Mangini-built teams to those AFCCG's. Our early success came in spite of Rex, not because of him. And, as we all can see, once he got to put his imprint on the team…well, the results speak for themselves.

As unpopular an opinion as it may be, we would be much better off today had we never fired Mangini.

Why won't somebody give you an NFL job?  Mangini got another one and he certainly couldn't.  

eventually jets fans will turn on him and obsessively watch him from afar and openly root for him to fail. and those things he did when he was here that were ignored or considered shall we say "refreshing" aspects of his personality will be mocked at derided as the narrative is spun to show that we knew all along he was a loudmouthed loser and yet another sign of woody incompetence.

see "revis making excuses" thread for a preview.

Assuming it's not a team the Jets are facing that week and not a team we're in competition with.  For example, let's say by some miracle we end up essentially swapping coaches with SF.  Would you root for Rex?  I'm pretty sure I actually would.

What reason is there not to root for him? Other than being like one of those idiots who boo players who were traded away

Without any hyperbole, I genuinely believe I'd do a better job running the Jets than the current ensemble of clowns. Hell, I'd do it for free.

I would bet the house you aren't capable of running a practice without someone helping you every step of the way.

This is one of those stupid things people say when they're talkjng out of their ass

Hell no.

I'm a Jets Fan, not a Chad fan, a Sanchez Fan or a Rex Fan.

I will never understand rooting for guys who failed here as if they were still playing for us.

Former Jet Derangement Syndrome is a serious mental illness, and needs treatment.

Seriously.

+1

All ex-Jets should fail.

+1

All ex-Jets should fail.

I don't care if they fail or not, they're not Jets.

If they're playing the Jets, I root against them, like I root against anyone playing the Jets.

If they're not playing against the Jets.....why would I care how they do?  They're not Jets.

Hey, maybe we need another thread on Braylon, how he's doing, how we just need him back now......although I guess Sanchez fills that void for some now.

eventually jets fans will turn on him and obsessively watch him from afar and openly root for him to fail. and those things he did when he was here that were ignored or considered shall we say "refreshing" aspects of his personality will be mocked at derided as the narrative is spun to show that we knew all along he was a loudmouthed loser and yet another sign of woody incompetence.

see "revis making excuses" thread for a preview.

Revis is a bad example. People turned on him when he was with the team because of his constant hold outs

I am speculating we would've been better off wit Mangini and if favre hast gotten hurt we never would've heard of Rex. Right now we would probably be debating maginis future with you defending him and me saying he has to go!

Your agenda is very obvious. You have to criticize Rex in every single subject and discussion even when it's not about him. The post you responded to was clearly stating that Mangini sucks, and your response was that Rex is awful instead of just discussing Mangini as a coach. If I started a thread that said Kotite was an awful coach your reply would be Rex sucks instead of talking about Kotite.

Also I've been saying that Mangini sucks and wanted hin gone when he was fired. The only reason he had any success that year was because of Brett. So you're talking out your arse on that one

If Rex Ryan was a ventriloquist, the dummy would be the brains of the operation

it's posts like this that show your agenda. The post you responded to isn't even talking about Rex but you've got to respond that Rex is an idiot.

I agree Rex has a lot flaws and it's time for him to go, but don't start making stuff up. General consensus among NFL experts is that Rex is brilliant defensive mind. Don't see how this makes him an idiot

Your agenda is very obvious. You have to criticize Rex in every single subject and discussion even when it's not about him. The post you responded to was clearly stating that Mangini sucks, and your response was that Rex is awful instead of just discussing Mangini as a coach. If I started a thread that said Kotite was an awful coach your reply would be Rex sucks instead of talking about Kotite.

Also I've been saying that Mangini sucks and wanted hin gone when he was fired. The only reason he had any success that year was because of Brett. So you're talking out your arse on that one

it's posts like this that show your agenda. The post you responded to isn't even talking about Rex but you've got to respond that Rex is an idiot.

I agree Rex has a lot flaws and it's time for him to go, but don't start making stuff up. General consensus among NFL experts is that Rex is brilliant defensive mind. Don't see how this makes him an idiot

you should be a detective. you could solve every case where the suspect makes no effort to to hide the fact that he did it.

by the way, rex sucks.

rainman was a brilliant gambler

Revis is a bad example. People turned on him when he was with the team because of his constant hold outs

and yet how many wanted him back? love to hate to love (briefly) back to hate. my point is the opinion on rex will change rapidly when he is someone else's borish clown.

you should be a detective. you could solve every case where the suspect makes no effort to to hide the fact that he did it.

by the way, rex sucks.

Can't come up with a good reply so you got to just say Rex sucks. Why am I not surprised?

destroy him ,,,

Tell the Media he will be using a color coded system to completely embarrass and destroy any confidence he's developed,,,

trade White and Jones for DL and a few draft picks he can use on DL

replace White and Jones with practice squad players and malcontents who get drunk daily and shoot themselves by mistake in a public place then find out where Tim Tebow flips burgers and sign him to push and revitalize Matt Ryans broken career. Oh yeah almost forgot Sign Calvin Pace when the Next GM ships his ass the **** out of town along with John god damn Connor

Almost forgot Sign Shottenheimer to help run that offense into the ground

Rex has his flaws as a head coach for sure but he can upgrade a defense.  He is very good at evaluating and developing front-7 defensive players. ATL already has a QB and franchise WR - two things Rex never had here.

We'll see what happens.  Mike Smith might be able to sneak them into the playoffs.

Instead we're now debating Mangini's future as tight end coach for the 49ers.

Instead we're now debating Mangini's future as tight end coach for the 49ers.

What's the debate that is a fact--what else is a fact is Rex will be a DC next year and his brother might be a positional coach--if he is lucky. It's all downhill from here for them

Raiders and possibly Bears.

The Raiders might have an interest in Rex Ryan as Defensive coordinator, but they wouldn't have any interest in him as head coach. Probably looking for a coach with offense background, who can groom Derek Carr. Rex Ryan has a bad reputation developing young Qb's- not his strength as he's a defensive coach.

he threw a game on national TV…nobody is ever hiring him as a HC ever again…he's officially a broadcaster

The Jets have a fool proof method of losing football games and that  method is to let Geno throw it.  How are you "trying to lose" when you take the worst QB in the NFL and tell him to stop throwing the ball?  If any NFL HC ever TRIED to lose a game, he sure as hell wouldn't lose by three points.  Hell, if Folk hits his FG's, Rex would have led the team to a win while trying to lose?

The Jets have a fool proof method of losing football games and that  method is to let Geno throw it.  How are you "trying to lose" when you take the worst QB in the NFL and tell him to stop throwing the ball?  If any NFL HC ever TRIED to lose a game, he sure as hell wouldn't lose by three points.  Hell, if Folk hits his FG's, Rex would have led the team to a win while trying to lose?

the dolphins missed a FG also, that keeps being ignored…I'll go to my grave believing Rex threw the game, obviously I'll never prove it but Rex was trying to prove some kind of childish clown point last night he all but admitted it in the presser….good for him he just made himself unhireable

The Jets have a fool proof method of losing football games and that method is to let Geno throw it. How are you "trying to lose" when you take the worst QB in the NFL and tell him to stop throwing the ball? If any NFL HC ever TRIED to lose a game, he sure as hell wouldn't lose by three points. Hell, if Folk hits his FG's, Rex would have led the team to a win while trying to lose?

Amazing how these "worst QB in the league" types keep following Rex around.

Amazing how these "worst QB in the league" types keep following Rex around.

You're right...Rex might be the reason he's the worst QB in the league, but at the end of the day that's what he is.  It could be Rex admitting that he has failed to develop the QB, so he was going to find a way to try to win despite his shortcomings as a head coach.  Either way, implying any NFL team "tried" to lose a game and almost won would kind of imply that this is the most talented roster in the NFL.  No team comes within three TD's in a game they're "trying to lose". 

the dolphins missed a FG also, that keeps being ignored…I'll go to my grave believing Rex threw the game, obviously I'll never prove it but Rex was trying to prove some kind of childish clown point last night he all but admitted it in the presser….good for him he just made himself unhireable

We're not talking about the Dolphins, we're talking about the Jets and the absurd notion that their HC was "trying" to lose a game.  All Rex would have had to do to lose that game is blitz his corners all night to leave Pryor one on one with Wallace a few times, and let Geno throw it 35 times.  That would have been a more lopsided game.  So you believe this team is so loaded with talent that the Jets held them to 16 points in a game they  were trying to lose?

We're not talking about the Dolphins, we're talking about the Jets and the absurd notion that their HC was "trying" to lose a game.  All Rex would have had to do to lose that game is blitz his corners all night to leave Pryor one on one with Wallace a few times, and let Geno throw it 35 times.  That would have been a more lopsided game.  So you believe this team is so loaded with talent that the Jets held them to 16 points in a game they  were trying to lose?

Rexs first priority was to expose the GM last night not win the game…I wasn't talking about the dolphins either I was responding to your point that if Folk makes two FG's the Jets win…while leaving out the fact the dolphins kicker missed one also.

Rexs first priority was to expose the GM last night not win the game…I wasn't talking about the dolphins either I was responding to your point that if Folk makes two FG's the Jets win…while leaving out the fact the dolphins kicker missed one also.

You're kind of right here, but what you're saying is quite different than "threw the game".  All season long, every time Rex has been asked about the starting quarterback his answer has been that it's the guy who "gives them the best chance to win".  This week, he after reports that he didn't want to start Geno, Rex's quotes were "this is the best thing for the organization".  He knows the offense is bad, but they're even worse when Geno is in the game.  This was definitely Rex sending a big FU to Idzik for forcing Geno on him, but I believe, and of course this is JMO, that it was because Idzik's priority was player evaluation, and not winning.  Rex wanted to win to spite Idzik by starting his guy but winning his way.  It's gotten to a pretty immature place, but it's not like either one of them can do anything to make somethingof this season.  In all seriousness he should be fired just because there's clearly that much of a rift between him and the GM, but the ideal thing would be for Woody to send both of them packing.

You're kind of right here, but what you're saying is quite different than "threw the game".  All season long, every time Rex has been asked about the starting quarterback his answer has been that it's the guy who "gives them the best chance to win".  This week, he after reports that he didn't want to start Geno, Rex's quotes were "this is the best thing for the organization".  He knows the offense is bad, but they're even worse when Geno is in the game.  This was definitely Rex sending a big FU to Idzik for forcing Geno on him, but I believe, and of course this is JMO, that it was because Idzik's priority was player evaluation, and not winning.  Rex wanted to win to spite Idzik by starting his guy but winning his way.  It's gotten to a pretty immature place, but it's not like either one of them can do anything to make somethingof this season.  In all seriousness he should be fired just because there's clearly that much of a rift between him and the GM, but the ideal thing would be for Woody to send both of them packing.

well said, I agree, maybe "throw the game" is the wrong term but I think we both kindve think the same thing…he certainly wasn't soley focused on the team winning…he was coaching with a personal agenda…like a 5 year old…i guess my point is idk how anyone, even the biggest Rex guys out there, could've watched that game and then his post game and defended that.

Archived