Big Game Tonight

KRL

wow, just saw mariotta make a laser throw on the run on 3rd and 14. This guy looks real good, I watched him in the Utah game too. I would consider a trade up for him. He is pinpoint accurate, mobile, supposedly smart and good character guy too. 

if anyone is judging oregon on this performance you've never watched them play.  this is the worst i've seen Mariota and the offense play the 3 years he's been there.  the defense is playing absolutely lights out.  go back and watch some game tape of them earlier this season.  not to mention Arizona has a pretty good defense.

and to correct a post earlier, Oregon is 2 and FSU is 4, as it stands now Oregon would be playing TCU in the 1st round.

I never watch college ball. Maybe one game every five years, but figured I'd watch this game to check out all the hype about Mariota.

Did I choose to watch the wrong game? Or is his performance so far considered good for a college QB? Sure the kid is fun to watch, but a #1 pick?

Maybe I just picked wrong game/half to watch. Hoping it gets better in the 2nd half. Otherwise I'm for going WR/OL in the 1st round and pick up some vet QB til the right young QB comes along.

(First posted this over at Scout, but typical crickets.)

Sounds like a some of you think he's a good QB worthy of a top pick. May have to watch his next game in hopes he plays better.

I never watch college ball. Maybe one game every five years, but figured I'd watch this game to check out all the hype about Mariota.

Did I choose to watch the wrong game? Or is his performance so far considered good for a college QB? Sure the kid is fun to watch, but a #1 pick?

Maybe I just picked wrong game/half to watch. Hoping it gets better in the 2nd half. Otherwise I'm for going WR/OL in the 1st round and pick up some vet QB til the right young QB comes along.

(First posted this over at Scout, but typical crickets.)

Sounds like a some of you think he's a good QB worthy of a top pick. May have to watch his next game in hopes he plays better.

I hardly watch college ball either, except when jets are heading to a high pick or occasional major games. I did watch Mariotta's full game vs utah couple weeks ago and he looked really good. He is not playing well tonight but he still has 1 rush TD and has made some good throws and no turnovers. I don't like wintson, he throws too many picks and has obvious maturity/character issues. I think the two best players for us are mariotta and WR amari cooper at the top of the draft. 

I hardly watch college ball either, except when jets are heading to a high pick or occasional major games. I did watch Mariotta's full game vs utah couple weeks ago and he looked really good. He is not playing well tonight but he still has 1 rush TD and has made some good throws and no turnovers. I don't like wintson, he throws too many picks and has obvious maturity/character issues. I think the two best players for us are mariotta and WR amari cooper at the top of the draft.

Man I should critique the guy more often. Decent TD pass.

Thanks, figured he must've looked better in previous games given all the excitement about him. However he probably should have one INT so far if it wasn't for Arizona's secondary pulling their best Jets secondary impersonation (stone hands).

I'll probably try to watch at least one more Oregon game to get a better judgment of the guy.

He looked shaky in the first half, usually Mariotta looks a lot better, but they still recovered.  Although he should have atleast 1 INT, Mariotta usually limits the amount of turnovers that can happen in the game, but that is also partially due to the system.  It's probably one of the biggest benefits of the spread system, because it creates spacing enough that there aren't too many people around the same area to pick passes off.  Even guys like Geno had very low INT numbers in college.   

Another thing I like about Mariotta is that he knows how to protect his body from hits most of the times.  Can slide or run out of bounds instead of getting killed.   

Archived